• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Cp 6 volatility

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've noticed that cp 6s can be pretty extreme, in the sense that on a good month they behave like perfectly reasonable and pleasant people, but on a bad month they basically go full retard.

Also, their downs seem pretty cyclical... Hence the 'month' parameter.

In contrast, 8s might get overly angry once in a while, but on the other day they look fairly reasonable again.

Thoughts?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I've noticed that cp 6s can be pretty extreme, in the sense that on a good month they behave like perfectly reasonable and pleasant people, but on a bad month they basically go full retard.

In contrast, 8s might get overly angry once in a while, but on the other day they look fairly reasonable again.

Thoughts?

rofl

I can't say I know many CP6's in real life. I don't think they're usually someone I feel like talking to anyway. I knew plenty in the military, they seemed well tempered, when they weren't comparing penis sizes with the 3's.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
in fact I find it interesting you used the words "go full retard." My drill instructor used to use that exact phrase when describing how we should not behave.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Thoughts?
Yea I dunno....

I know if I am acting like a raging bitch its usually for a long amount of time....but I think its just cause I can't introvert my feelings properly...

S

Stansmith

A cp6 on a bad day is scary. You can see the crazy in their eyes just waiting to rip someone's head off.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've had two counterphobic 6 coworkers.

The first, I believe, was an ENFJ 6w7 sx/so. When I met her, she was feisty and a workaholic, but very positive and a good role model. Sometimes she would have bad days where she was angry, but she also worked as assistant manager right into the end of her pregnancy, and she was still a faster and more reliable worker than basically anyone else in the department. She was very creative, fun, protective, strongwilled, and competitive. However, about a year later, she started coming to work angrier and angrier, and going on these huge paranoid rages. She made our boss into a scapegoat for all of the problems at our workplace. She tried a number of times to get him in trouble, and increasingly would leave the department to go talk to other people, and would do her work in the way that she "felt like doing it", instead of to company specs. It got to the point where people would dread sharing a shift with her because she made a mess of her station and ranted about the manager the whole time, and eventually chided us for not joining her crusade. It finally surfaced that she and her husband had privately broken up months ago, but were still living together until they could figure out the logistics of dividing childcare and separating their belongings. The timing of the breakup coincided almost perfectly with her downward spiral into "full retard", so to speak. The company didn't offer her a full-time position when she asked, despite her being a longtime employee, so she quit. She sort of got hit by the door on her way out... they surprised her by telling her to leave way before her standard two weeks were up. Honestly, I think everyone was just sick of her.

My other cp coworker was probably an ISTP 6w5 sp/sx. She was more your standard doomsday prepper type of 6. Very independent, fairly libertarian in values, and a doting grandmother. I loved the heck out of her. She was typically warm and funny, but a little paranoid, and hyperprotective of her possessions. She kept her things in a locked toolbox at work, and would flip completely if she discovered anything missing. One day she'd discovered her ice cream scoop had gone missing, and she yelled at our forgetful, disorganized manager (who had probably lost it) and she BEELINED to Target to buy her a new one. Another day we discovered someone took one of our department's brooms, and she walked right over to the new girl from another department who'd taken it (to be fair, she should not have taken it and was well aware of that when she did, and did not bother to bring it back), and yelled and cussed at her, lol. We equated her to a grizzly - warm and protective and good to have on your team, but really not fun to get on her bad side. Still, her bark was worse than her bite. She blissfully retired, and peaced out early of her own volition when the ENTJ head manager barked at her on her second-to-last day.

I think the key is in the reactivity. 6s respond when things happen. Unless they can pave their own way out via self-control and self-awareness, if things don't stop happening, the 6 doesn't stop reacting. 8s react too, but their impulse is to react by expressing their personal authority and taking control of the situation. 6's impulse is to try to prevent feeling unstable, so they keep reacting to the chain of changes, instead of just taking their own solid footing like an 8 would. So the 6 tends to be more ruled by the situation, and will struggle to recenter until their stressor dissipates. Hence the ENFJ 6 I know who got worse and worse as her relationship went downhill, but the ISTP 6 who was happy as a lark as soon as she'd locked her new scoop in her toolbox.

It's one of the reasons I appreciate my 9 so much... he seems to natively distance himself from the stressor. Sometimes for a 6 it can feel like you have no choice but to react. It's like you're blinded. It's been very helpful to me to watch someone else address stress by stepping back from it instead of feeling slave to it.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Awesome post, [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] .

I generally find hard to stay in good terms when they're in a bad phase. The person I once found reliable basically disappears.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've had two counterphobic 6 coworkers.

The first, I believe, was an ENFJ 6w7 sx/so. When I met her, she was feisty and a workaholic, but very positive and a good role model. Sometimes she would have bad days where she was angry, but she also worked as assistant manager right into the end of her pregnancy, and she was still a faster and more reliable worker than basically anyone else in the department. She was very creative, fun, protective, strongwilled, and competitive. However, about a year later, she started coming to work angrier and angrier, and going on these huge paranoid rages. She made our boss into a scapegoat for all of the problems at our workplace. She tried a number of times to get him in trouble, and increasingly would leave the department to go talk to other people, and would do her work in the way that she "felt like doing it", instead of to company specs. It got to the point where people would dread sharing a shift with her because she made a mess of her station and ranted about the manager the whole time, and eventually chided us for not joining her crusade. It finally surfaced that she and her husband had privately broken up months ago, but were still living together until they could figure out the logistics of dividing childcare and separating their belongings. The timing of the breakup coincided almost perfectly with her downward spiral into "full retard", so to speak. The company didn't offer her a full-time position when she asked, despite her being a longtime employee, so she quit. She sort of got hit by the door on her way out... they surprised her by telling her to leave way before her standard two weeks were up. Honestly, I think everyone was just sick of her.

My other cp coworker was probably an ISTP 6w5 sp/sx. She was more your standard doomsday prepper type of 6. Very independent, fairly libertarian in values, and a doting grandmother. I loved the heck out of her. She was typically warm and funny, but a little paranoid, and hyperprotective of her possessions. She kept her things in a locked toolbox at work, and would flip completely if she discovered anything missing. One day she'd discovered her ice cream scoop had gone missing, and she yelled at our forgetful, disorganized manager (who had probably lost it) and she BEELINED to Target to buy her a new one. Another day we discovered someone took one of our department's brooms, and she walked right over to the new girl from another department who'd taken it (to be fair, she should not have taken it and was well aware of that when she did, and did not bother to bring it back), and yelled and cussed at her, lol. We equated her to a grizzly - warm and protective and good to have on your team, but really not fun to get on her bad side. Still, her bark was worse than her bite. She blissfully retired, and peaced out early of her own volition when the ENTJ head manager barked at her on her second-to-last day.

I think the key is in the reactivity. 6s respond when things happen. Unless they can pave their own way out via self-control and self-awareness, if things don't stop happening, the 6 doesn't stop reacting. 8s react too, but their impulse is to react by expressing their personal authority and taking control of the situation. 6's impulse is to try to prevent feeling unstable, so they keep reacting to the chain of changes, instead of just taking their own solid footing like an 8 would. So the 6 tends to be more ruled by the situation, and will struggle to recenter until their stressor dissipates. Hence the ENFJ 6 I know who got worse and worse as her relationship went downhill, but the ISTP 6 who was happy as a lark as soon as she'd locked her new scoop in her toolbox.

It's one of the reasons I appreciate my 9 so much... he seems to natively distance himself from the stressor. Sometimes for a 6 it can feel like you have no choice but to react. It's like you're blinded. It's been very helpful to me to watch someone else address stress by stepping back from it instead of feeling slave to it.

Whoa, don't know how I missed this post. This is a really good example.

I relate very much to the second example of the ISTP 6w5 sp/sx. If I could I would keep things locked at work, but I can't. lol And I totally freak out at that kinda stuff...I don't swear at people when I confront them though. I think I just get annoyed out loud, figure out who it was, and ask them to ASK before taking stuff, and then bring it back next time...

If I can't tell someone took stuff...it didn't happen and it wont bother me...lol

I thought this was related to my 7wing (like I feel like I won't have enough or something), maybe not *shrugs*

Yea, a 9's approach is so foreign to me. Do they just back away and detach somehow?

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My dad's an 8-fixed cp6w5, and he's more or less a chronically grumpy individual who's inclined to over-extrovert his anger at the slightest thing. (Unfortunately, I have inherited this tendency from him). If he has good months, I haven't seen them!

It is sort of unpredictable, though. Like, he can freak out about something I apparently did wrong and I'll never hear the end of his tirade. Or, I'll have an outburst and expect his retaliation, but he'll suddenly go all detached and analytical on me--"Really? What do you mean by that? Can you explain more fully?"

Unpredictable, yes, but at more or less a constant rate.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yea, a 9's approach is so foreign to me. Do they just back away and detach somehow?

My 9... he just like... maybe it's a gut type thing, it's very about control. He just seems to step back and make it clear that he has a choice about whether he wants to respond or not. For me, I feel like there are "ties" that bind me to a situation. Like, if I don't try to explain what I was doing, people will always see me as a selfish person, or whatever. But with him, a lot of the time, he's just like, oh well. So people think that. Let them.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My 9... he just like... maybe it's a gut type thing, it's very about control. He just seems to step back and make it clear that he has a choice about whether he wants to respond or not. For me, I feel like there are "ties" that bind me to a situation. Like, if I don't try to explain what I was doing, people will always see me as a selfish person, or whatever. But with him, a lot of the time, he's just like, oh well. So people think that. Let them.

you're such a 2 fixer :p

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That is so interesting. Yes I agree I can feel very tied to a situation. I don't feel a need to explain myself but I do feel a need to get people to see the truth. I guess if I were to just let people think the "lie" then it wouldn't hurt anyone but them. Hmmmm, Good stuff to ponder. :thinking:

Thanks for your reply btw!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That is so interesting. Yes I agree I can feel very tied to a situation. I don't feel a need to explain myself but I do feel a need to get people to see the truth. I guess if I were to just let people think the "lie" then it wouldn't hurt anyone but them. Hmmmm, Good stuff to ponder. :thinking:

Thanks for your reply btw!

NP! And yeah, exactly. It drives me nuts when things are misinterpreted, especially over and over.