User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

I already answered, and I always get spacey, but I also have a history of responding to emotional distress by not being able to eat and walking obsessively. It makes me lose like 20 pounds in a month sometimes. That usually happens to me during breakups. There is this intense nervous energy that forces me to keep moving my body and walking.

Circus life under the big top world
    We all need the clowns to make us smile
    Through space and time, always another show
    Wondering where I am, lost without you

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    594 so/sp

When at my lowest points, I seek sanctuary in my own head and withdraw from the physical realm -- I generally want to be alone to sort through my emotions, mentally, without dusruption. I've been told by many people that when I'm in that sort of emotional space, while I'll most likely never verbalize what's bother me, my body language makes it very apparent how I'm feeling.

When in this mind state, a long drive by myself to nowhere in particular or a long walk, as fitting mood music plays in the background, feels quite cathartic.
    The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
    Ne > Ti > Te = Ni > Fi > Fe = Se > Si
    Likes j.c.t. liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I don't feel down in the dumps. More likely to get irritated or angry. (note I did get depressed once but that was an anomoly)

Post Human Post
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

When I'm down in the dumps, often I'll retreat inside of your head. Maybe that's just because I'm a 4w5 not a 5w4.
    ▵▵▵
    Likes Luminous liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    When I'm down in the dumps, often I'll retreat inside of your head.
    That's deep.
    Likes Qlip liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    When I'm down in the dumps, often I'll retreat inside of your head. Maybe that's just because I'm a 4w5 not a 5w4.
    Don’t you mean John Malkovich’s head?
    Likes Luminous, Qlip liked this post

I tend to close myself off and introspect alone in an empty space, usually my room. I find it incredibly difficult to express my feelings with other people and prefer to keep everything to myself. In general, I find it very draining to be around other people for a certain length of time, but it is even more amplified than usual when I'm down in the dumps/stressed out. Thus my propensity for escapism, with daydreaming while listening to music and making art being my chosen form of it. However, this is something I often do anyway out of necessity. Also, depending on the severity of it, there is a pretty high likelihood that I'd become deeply engaged in maladaptive daydreaming, so I need to keep a watchful eye to make sure I don't completely lose myself in fantasy.
    Likes Miss Scarlett liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

If situationally down in the dumps, I do just want to be on my own and will just want comforts, will want to crawl into bed earlier, sleep, and so on.

If existentially down in the dumps, which usually also includes stress, it's less about comforts and more just... things seem really bleak or I'm anxious about what to do or how to improve things. I'll still probably want to be on my own but also it's somewhat more of a 'familiar' land for me, so it's not as impactful as it was in my 20's. It just is - and it translates into my just being 'meh' and 'bleh' about life in general and the world, but I'll still go about stuff. I can interact or do things with close friends though and maybe talk about it a bit.

The issue though is that since when in these negative spaces I ideally just need to be on my own to ride them out, life does go on and it's the element of having to put on an act at work that completely drains me, gives me headaches, and I think is the reason irritability and anger and judgment come into the picture -- because if I'm feeling bleak inside but have to carry on with customers and try to put on a good face the energy it takes just depletes me and it all transfers into irritability with everyone I'm having to interact with. Forced extroversion? I become resentful and it's very taxing. So when I have to be around people and interact I then am as quiet as possible saying as little as possible since the forced engagement makes me really crabby on top of everything else. I think this is a lot of what goes on and why, at least.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    Likes Miss Scarlett liked this post

Permabanned

no

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I don't feel down in the dumps. More likely to get irritated or angry. (note I did get depressed once but that was an anomoly)
    This. Other than some post-partum, I've never felt down in the dumps. Annoyed/irritated/angry - yes.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.