• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] True Meaning…

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do any of you have problems with nihilism? I do, and it burns…

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Seriously though, don't nihilists believe that there is basically no intrinsic meaning in anything? Don't they also believe that morality is all a myth and that no one sin is greater than another? If you truly believe this, then I'm about 99% sure that you're not really an ENFP.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Seriously though, don't nihilists believe that there is basically no intrinsic meaning in anything? Don't they also believe that morality is all a myth and that no one sin is greater than another? If you truly believe this, then I'm about 99% sure that you're not really an ENFP.

I've pondered it, but it doesn't sit well with me. That is just one voice among many…

I don't fully believe in anything…

I always have intense doubt about anything…
It is my curse…

Nihilism vs. Romanticism is one of my core struggles.
Innovation vs. Tradition is also present.

If I could just calm my inner world by ending those two epic battles, I could find peace.

I somehow have a hunch that there is a set of true meanings someplace in the universe, but they remain undiscovered…

S

Stansmith

An ENFP can adopt nihilism as a reaction due to disillusionment.

Starry

I've pondered it, but it doesn't sit well with me. That is just one voice among many…

It is my curse…

If I could just calm my inner world by ending those two epic battles, I could find peace.

I somehow have a hunch that there is a set of true meanings someplace in the universe, but they remain undiscovered…

Magic Qwan, I will try to provide you with a more meaningful answer to this and the other questions you have put forth soon... but I see how fast your mind works and how you want all the answers now! *so much like me before I exhausted myself :)* e5 is our integration point <--but that does not mean you can't go to e5 in stress as well. You are taking on some of what would be considered unhealthy features/characteristics of e5 and if you Google this you may find some of the answers you seek.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

It is my curse…

Ok now this actually does sound ENFP.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok now this actually does sound ENFP.

Existentialism sounds better than Nihilism by a longshot. I found this and thought it would be better to work towards than something as ghastly as a life without meaning. I suppose that part of my trouble was overuse of my tertiary function, Te. Te is a valuable tool for navigating bureaucratic jungles of red taped vines, but very depressing to deal with for a long time at a time. My inferior, Si, has also been taxed lately. School should be starting soon, so I didn't get enough rest this summer, but next summer, I'll be off to college. I am thinking teaching.

S

Society

have you considered absurdism? with the acknowledgement that meaning is an an inseparable part of the human mental experience and thus our lives - the understanding that there is no intrinsic meaning merely tells us that we have the freedom to create our own.