• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] Spacing out and having no idea what I'm thinking

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
as an Se-dom, do you feel you don't space out very often, and find it more natural to live "in the moment"?

I guess it's the Se, when engaged with whatever connected to environment, yes.

ps: just to be precise about the Se-dom thing, I haven't decided about Ti > Se or Se > Ti or whatever, but Se-dom does make quite some sense

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
as an Se-dom, do you feel you don't space out very often, and find it more natural to live "in the moment"?

I'm only a Se-aux, but I'm spaced out often enough to have a reputation for it (although everyone does it sometimes). I'm only "in the moment" occasionally. I'm not often in the future or the past, either, though - just lost in my thoughts, which I guess still counts as "the present" in some way.

I don't think it's directly related to type. A higher "spacing out" frequency than normal is one (of many) signs of ADD, though, which seems to be loosely associated with both Se and Ne. As much as you can associate a disorder with a personality description, anyway.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm only a Se-aux, but I'm spaced out often enough to have a reputation for it (although everyone does it sometimes). I'm only "in the moment" occasionally. I'm not often in the future or the past, either, though - just lost in my thoughts, which I guess still counts as "the present" in some way.

Yeah, if I'm not doing anything, not involved in a convo or anything at all, and got bored with looking at stuff around me, I will be in my thoughts as well, and almost none of it is future or past, so I know what you mean

I don't think it's directly related to type. A higher "spacing out" frequency than normal is one (of many) signs of ADD, though, which seems to be loosely associated with both Se and Ne. As much as you can associate a disorder with a personality description, anyway.

I thought only Ne was ADD-ish... Se is in the moment so how would it be spacing out?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought only Ne was ADD-ish... Se is in the moment so how would it be spacing out?

Se can resemble the hyperfocus/distracted/bouncing around part of ADD (the most recent "shiny thing" having 100% of the focus, and spacing out with regard to everything else), and Ne can resemble the absentminded/"lost in thought" part...many people with ADD will have both behaviours, so it can confusingly seem like Ne and Se at the same time. Not to say that J types can't be ADD too, they can, but ADD symptoms can be confused for (or exacerbate) Se/Ne, and vice versa.

I have pretty low Ne (both as an interest and talent-wise) and moderate Se, but I'm an exceptional space case. I guess I'm just spacing out in a different way than an Ne user would. :)

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Se can resemble the hyperfocus/distracted/bouncing around part of ADD (the most recent "shiny thing" having 100% of the focus, and spacing out with regard to everything else), and Ne can resemble the absentminded/"lost in thought" part...many people with ADD will have both behaviours, so it can confusingly seem like Ne and Se at the same time. Not to say that J types can't be ADD too, they can, but ADD symptoms can be confused for (or exacerbate) Se/Ne, and vice versa.

Ah I didn't know there was hyperfocus for ADD? Going to check that out. This article seems good :) I see myself in that quite a bit.... though I wasn't that crazy about it as a kid. I did have good focus but I notice it more now.

By spacing out I meant something else though, I meant what someone else talked about in this thread, spacing out of the activity they are supposedly involved with. That's what I don't relate to.

I have pretty low Ne (both as an interest and talent-wise) and moderate Se, but I'm an exceptional space case. I guess I'm just spacing out in a different way than an Ne user would. :)

You mean you're inside your mind right?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You mean you're inside your mind right?

Yep, all the time! I think maybe an Ne user would be lost in thought thinking about different things than I usually am. I will occasionally think about philosophical or "what if" type things but mostly it's things that are more concrete/relevant for my life. It looks the same to an onlooker, though. :)

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep, all the time! I think maybe an Ne user would be lost in thought thinking about different things than I usually am. I will occasionally think about philosophical or "what if" type things but mostly it's things that are more concrete/relevant for my life. It looks the same to an onlooker, though. :)

Ahh you're ISTP... I had a question about Ti+Se, can you please check here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67164&page=7&p=2224431#post2224431

Read back until post #45, my specific question is in post #62 (currently last post), and more general question, do you relate to my use of Ti?

(Of course post in that thread if you do have an answer :) Thanks!)