• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] E8 lust, what causes it?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Does anyone know what causes the lust in the 8?

I find mine comes and goes, somewhat randomly. I'm trying to figure out what the pattern is. I've always attributed it to "bursts of testosterone" which tend to happen a day after intense workouts after long periods of stagnation. There are times when my sexuality grows to ravenous proportions, and my love for mac'n'cheese becomes insatiably destructive to the sanctity of my colon.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION]...

Naranjo says something about lust as an overcompensation for feelings of "inner deadness." But how this inner deadness is started beats me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
what's the use of a life if you don't want to ravenously consume every molecule of it with your teeth and fingers? :huh:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
what's the use of a life if you don't want to ravenously consume every molecule of it with your teeth and fingers? :huh:

I want to consume every sinew, every speck, every scrap. Hands and teeth and head first.

That's the only way to really live, to really be alive.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I want to consume every sinew, every speck, every scrap. Hands and teeth and head first.

That's the only way to really live, to really be alive.

new motto for life: life is like a plate of barbecued ribs... devour every bit of it and then lick your fingers... and the plate :ninja:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So life is a big buffet huh :D

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
ok.

so back to this thread again. Perhaps someone can answer some things for me.

I've been operating an SLE-IEI forum on facebook for a month or so now, and other people post pictures of SLE's (socionics ESTp).

Some quick examples:

1002860_10151561603541778_879086629_n.jpg

1012025_10151561606661778_1116679046_n.jpg

Now, take those, and compare them to myself, and another guy (Taylor Kitsch), both SLE 8 Sx/So.

264492_10151594197597460_591024892_n.jpg

600561_10151661170412460_1526273284_n.jpg

Taylor Kitsch and I share a similar eyesight. The 2 former have more of a "bite" to them while taylor and I have a sort of... ethereal gaze?

Does anyone know what the specific cause of this is? Can you guys see the bite that I'm talking about?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
looking at the first 2 guys makes me hungry for chicken, haha.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Naranjo says something about lust as an overcompensation for feelings of "inner deadness." But how this inner deadness is started beats me.

I've read similar things describing the gluttony of type 7. Actually, when I think about it, I have a hard time sort of mentally distinguishing the exact flavor of the 8's "lust" from the 7's "gluttony," since I imagine they both feel similar. (If you have any thoughts on that, please enlighten me.)

I've essentially boiled down the 7 situation to a desire to consume the external, arising out of the (unconscious?) fear of being consumed by the internal. 8s are supposed to have energy that flows outward, too, so the "inner deadness" would make sense in that regard - the choice to engage in and dominate something else to compensate for feelings of...hollowness or powerlessness, maybe?

You hardly seem like a powerless person, though. Higher level of development?

I feel like I have an answer for this, but it's more of an internal knowledge that I'm having trouble applying words to - at least at the moment, since I gotta hurry up and post this before I run out the door.

Now, take those, and compare them to myself, and another guy (Taylor Kitsch), both SLE 8 Sx/So.

264492_10151594197597460_591024892_n.jpg

600561_10151661170412460_1526273284_n.jpg

Taylor Kitsch and I share a similar eyesight. The 2 former have more of a "bite" to them while taylor and I have a sort of... ethereal gaze?

Does anyone know what the specific cause of this is? Can you guys see the bite that I'm talking about?

Yes, I see exactly what you're talking about. In fact, having seen some of your videos, I'd go so far as to say that Kitsch even looks a little bit like you - in that picture, anyway.

I don't know what causes it, but those "ethereal eyes" also look like very focused, dominating, lusty bedroom eyes to me. I would say that; anyone who knows me in real life knows that everything comes back to sex. Everything. But maybe that's actually a factor - are the first two dudes sx-dom to your knowledge?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I've read similar things describing the gluttony of type 7. Actually, when I think about it, I have a hard time sort of mentally distinguishing the exact flavor of the 8's "lust" from the 7's "gluttony," since I imagine they both feel similar. (If you have any thoughts on that, please enlighten me.)

I've essentially boiled down the 7 situation to a desire to consume the external, arising out of the (unconscious?) fear of being consumed by the internal. 8s are supposed to have energy that flows outward, too, so the "inner deadness" would make sense in that regard - the choice to engage in and dominate something else to compensate for feelings of...hollowness or powerlessness, maybe?

I feel like I have an answer for this, but it's more of an internal knowledge that I'm having trouble applying words to - at least at the moment, since I gotta hurry up and post this before I run out the door.

Yes, I see exactly what you're talking about. In fact, having seen some of your videos, I'd go so far as to say that Kitsch even looks a little bit like you - in that picture, anyway.

I don't know what causes it, but those "ethereal eyes" also look like very focused, dominating, lusty bedroom eyes to me. I would say that; anyone who knows me in real life knows that everything comes back to sex. Everything. But maybe that's actually a factor - are the first two dudes sx-dom to your knowledge?

Not sure if they are sx dom or not. I would guess Sx/Sp because Sp seems to have a much more earthy gritty form to it than Sx/So does.

What do you mean by powerless in this instance?

If I had to guess, I'd say that ESTP 8w7's like the hodgetwins on youtube are definitely experiencing something less than healthy, you can see it in their eyes. I've felt it before. I think it usually comes when I'm only living life with my top 2 ESTP functions. Chasing sensory stimuli but never finding meaning or connection with others. Living a shallow life. I've been raised to go to church camps and live with hippies who encourage me to be more expressive of myself and drop my defenses. The act itself is quite terrifying but also very, very rewarding to me. I would never have chosen to have done this without my INFJ best friend from kindergarten, who exposed me to a lifestyle that is judgement free and emotionally safe (Have you met INFJ dudes? they wanna cuddle each other, it gets ridiculous).

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

Not sure if they are sx dom or not. I would guess Sx/Sp because Sp seems to have a much more earthy gritty form to it than Sx/So does.

If I had to guess, I'd say that ESTP 8w7's like the hodgetwins on youtube are definitely experiencing something less than healthy, you can see it in their eyes. I've felt it before. I think it usually comes when I'm only living life with my top 2 ESTP functions. Chasing sensory stimuli but never finding meaning or connection with others. Living a shallow life. I've been raised to go to church camps and live with hippies who encourage me to be more expressive of myself and drop my defenses. The act itself is quite terrifying but also very, very rewarding to me. I would never have chosen to have done this without my INFJ best friend from kindergarten, who exposed me to a lifestyle that is judgement free and emotionally safe (Have you met INFJ dudes? they wanna cuddle each other, it gets ridiculous).

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've read similar things describing the gluttony of type 7. Actually, when I think about it, I have a hard time sort of mentally distinguishing the exact flavor of the 8's "lust" from the 7's "gluttony," since I imagine they both feel similar.

Actually I belive the fixation of the 8 is gluttony, whereas the 7 fixation is lust. Lust implies desires related to sex, whereas gluttony applies more to not getting enough of something. The fixation of the 7 is just sexual desire, whereas the fixation of the 8 is that they need more drugs, booze or food.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Hmm, I wonder if my eyes have any grit in them? Maybe it's different for women.

I'm not entirely sure what "powerless" would mean for an 8, specifically; I'm not an 8, I can only intuit, imagine, and regurgitate what I've read. (I also haven't known very many 8s in real life at all - this would probably be a lot easier for me if I did.) Supposedly, though, 8s were made to feel internally weak at some point in their lives, so they spend most of their time reacting against that feeling. By being assertive, aggressive, and generally seeking control or independence of some kind, to keep those weak spots covered up and ignored.

Haha! I've never met an INFJ dude in the real world. One of the women I work with is INFJ, though.

Actually I belive the fixation of the 8 is gluttony, whereas the 7 fixation is lust. Lust implies desires related to sex, whereas gluttony applies more to not getting enough of something. The fixation of the 7 is just sexual desire, whereas the fixation of the 8 is that they need more drugs, booze or food.

Other way around, according to Enneagram theory. Each type has a "deadly passion" attached to it, and the basic definitions of those passions will only give you the partial truth (there's a deeper meaning in all of them). To be perfectly honest, I think the drives of 7 and 8 both result in similar behaviors, and it is sometimes hard for me to separate those drives because their differences are very subtle, at least superficially.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=13973]AntiheroComplex[/MENTION]

Using myself as an example, I grew up feeling powerless and disadvantaged. I was too honest, too genuine. Everyone else was getting away with lying, cheating, stealing, etc. Not getting caught, and that seemed to be the only way to be successful in life. So overtime I begin to adapt and take on this approach to life, myself. When it comes to business, I am considerate and polite but ultimately a liar, because the other party is going to be doing the same exact thing. I've had to come to terms against my own integrity that levelling the playing field is a necessity. So in a lot of senses I did feel powerless, and while I used to initially fight back against this authoritative abuse, I quickly learned that what battles are and what are not worth fighting. At this point I can find employment and operate my own businesses so a lot of these issues are gone, but they'll never fully disappear until I'm kiyosaki rich, getting every bank to lend me billions of dollars, and then declaring bankruptcy even though I'm not bankrupt at all. Ha!
[MENTION=17729]Typh0n[/MENTION]

as far as I can tell the two concepts are the same but in different forms.

Gluttony was for E7's but denotes a desire for a wide breadth of experience. Lust is for E8's and denotes a more intense singular focus and lust for more of what is wanted.