• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Could somebody explain the difference between a So/Sp 7w6 ENFP and a Sx/Sp 7w6 ENFP?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Could somebody explain the difference between a So/Sp 7w6 ENFP and a Sx/Sp 7w6 ENFP?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i can copy/paste

Social 7 - Seeking Acceptance/Belonging/Inclusion/Status

Udit Patel Missing Out (Ichazo's "Social Sacrifice")

Social Sevens are highly people-oriented and somewhat idealistic, so they are sometimes mistaken for Twos. They like entertaining and gathering "the gang" for various outings and adventures. They love conversation, launching new projects with others, brainstorming, and initiating creative endeavors. Social Sevens are also looking for a place to invest their idealism—they feel they have much to offer the world but are forever searching for the perfect vehicle through which to express their talents and aspirations. While Social Sevens like being involved with people and activities, because they are Sevens, they also tend to feel that they are losing options when they commit to a particular person or course of action. Thus, they tend to have problems with making a commitment because they want to be involved but feel trapped once they get involved. One way that Social Sevens navigate this conflict is by agreeing to do too many things with too many people. They also tend to make back-up plans regarding agreements. ("If lunch with Sarah falls through, I'll invite Mike, too, just to make sure someone's there….") Naturally, others are often caught off guard by sudden changes of plan, and, oddly, no one really gets the Social Seven's attention. Social Sevens may also sabotage good relationships while secretly hoping that someone better will come along.

LifeExplore

Social Sevens often feel a tension between duty to others and the desire to escape. Tend to feel responsible for the people around them and experience that as a confining burden. They then react against the weight of obligation, seeking variety and craving change. When entranced, can be highly irresponsible. When awakened, they make peace with commitment and sacrifice and are often very stable and generous. Often an idealism, sometimes a stronger connection to 1. Serving something beyond themselves, dutiful. Can be from a large family where they had lots of responsibility, eldest child. With an 8 wing they tend to fight the sense of burden harder.

Sexual 7 - Seeking Intimacy/Intensity

Udit Patel "The Neophile (Ichazo's "Suggestibility")"

Sexual Sevens seek stimulation, especially the stimulation of whatever is new, cutting edge, or exotic. They are extremely curious and often intellectually avid, and they bring the same searching engagement to their relationships. Sexual Sevens love to meet new people, to learn about them, and to get intensely involved with them—whether through conversation, shared adventures, or sexual experiences. They are often highly charismatic, having no trouble capturing people's attention with their energy, wit, and genuine desire to connect with people. They often frustrate themselves and others, however, because their attention is easily captured by what promises excitement. Sexual Sevens can shift from one intense focus to another too quickly for their own good. They can also become easily enthused about a new idea, person, or experience without checking it out thoroughly, often leading to regrets later on either in business or in relationships. When less healthy, they may indiscriminately pursue relationships or unusual, even dangerous, experiences for the excitement that it brings and to counteract boredom and inner deadness. The search for a variety of exotic and intense experiences can leave them burned out and dissipated.

LifeExplore

Intimate Sevens tend to garnish and embellish reality with fantasy. Intimate relationships are often thought of as shared experimental adventures, and the Seven perceives their partner through a veil of imagination. May romanticize others as a way to avoid the limits and boredom of mundane life with the same old someone. Can be more involved with their fantasy of the partner than with the real person. Tentative, distractible, impersonal, may have a wandering eye. Some have great difficulty with commitment and seem fickle as they move on to the next fantasy projected onto the next new person. Don Juan scenario. More generally, intimate Sevens have a tendency to be suggestible. They may especially seek the new with the fascinated enthusiasm of a faddist, stepping into future fantasies to avoid the present.

that's all for now.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sexual primary people are more likely to most of the time be intense, assertive, aggressive, impulsive, focused, idealistic, and relationship and adrenaline "junkies". When less healthy, they may be especially volatile, extreme, aggressive, attacking, addicted to alcoholism or drugs, promiscuous, sacrificing anything for a rush; or they may be psychotically experientially deprived, having especially dysfunctional and unhealthy attitudes towards sex and intimacy.

Social primary people are more likely to most of the time be funny, engaging, witty, silly, over-the-top, warm, and friendly. When less healthy, they may be socially anxious, scattered, erratic or especially resentful of social rejection.
Sexual Primary / Self-Preservation Support
"One-Man Storm"

Expression: intense, self-absorbed expression
Energy: intense energy expressed calmly, steadily, assertively
Behavior: intense, assertive, troubled and self absorbed
Mindset: "If I can make (us) have an orderly & pleasing lifestyle, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."
Examples: Harlock (Arcadia of my Youth)

Social Primary / Self-Preservation Support
"The Collected Engage-er"

http://media.canada.com/67bc2623-9886-4c71-9f03-edf992a0aa3a/ellen_375x375.jpg

Expression: bright smiley, calm expression
Energy: outward energy expressed calmly, steadily, broadly (more flow and steady energy to their engaging and less jerkiness, gushiness, or over-the-topness like the so/sx)
Behavior: bright, smiley, calm and thoughtful
Mindset: "If I can establish an orderly and pleasing lifestyle, I can make sure of and keep improving my position and inclusion in the group/world."
Examples: Hilary Clinton, Ellen Degeneres

and there's that

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think Lady pretty much covered it. :) Also important to note that so/sp is sx-last and sx/sp is so-last. From the sx-lasts I've seen, they seem to have no problem just letting some of life's excitements pass them by. I don't mean this in a bad way, but being an sx-first I couldn't imagine not over-indulging in life's "chocolate". so/sp and sp/so types may take a nibble every now and then, but they seem much more disciplined to me. You could also expect so/sp to be generally more smooth, amiable, and calm while sx/sp would be much more intense, assertive, and energetic. Also, so/sp would probably have a much better understanding of social dynamics when it comes to foraging relationships and may work with/around them. An sx/sp would probably pierce through these social dynamics (without knowing) and create relationships with people of their choosing. Bonding with an sx/sp would probably involve a lot more one-on-one time than an so/sp.

7-SO/SP: Enneatype Seven is a mentally fixated type, with image focus generally underdeveloped. For the social Seven, the concern with issues of image and relation to the group is somewhat at odds with dominant type Seven fixation. This can result in some apparently conflicting behaviors in the social/self-pres Seven. There is an underlying sense of insecurity and anxiety that isn’t as apparent in the other subtypes of Seven which is especially noticeable with the Six wing. (These can even become quite needy when unbalanced.) With sexual instinct least developed, they can lose trust in the bonds they have. While they may be very good and comfortable in a large group and when dealing with surface social relationships, they sometimes can struggle with forming and maintaining connections in a closer relationship.
The self-pres backup for the social instinct adds a grounding force that is missing with the social/sexual. While still possessing a good sense of humor, this subtype also usually has more focus and follow-through when it comes to their many projects. On the high side, they are community minded, have a lot of energy and usually socially accomplished.

7-SX/SP: The energy of the sexual instinct is, in some ways, at odds with the type Seven fixation. The Seven’s focus is future oriented and outward, away from the inner world, while the sexual variant is instinctual and dwells on the inner self as far as relationships and identity are concerned. This combination can make for a Seven that can be Four-like in many ways. They can have a flamboyant style and be very moody and intense. In relationships, there is often a push-pull quality. They are very attracted to the falling in love part. The buzz and high of that is very stimulating to them, almost drug-like for them. Their problems come when that buzz wears off. They want to recreate it again and again, but they also have a way of becoming attached and sometimes very dependent on their romantic partners. On the down side, they can be very clingy but don’t want at the same time to lose their freedom. When unhealthy, they can be very selfish in these relationships, things become one-sided in a way that favors the interests of the Seven.
The sexual/self-pres Seven’s addictive behavior with relationships can extend to other areas, like music, and performing in general. The rock star image and lifestyle can be attractive to the sexual Seven. Many rock stars are sexual Sevens the buzz they experience from music can be similar to what they experience in relationships. Creativity can also function as a release of frustration from the boredom.

- Taken from here.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could somebody explain the difference between a So/Sp 7w6 ENFP and a Sx/Sp 7w6 ENFP?

they are COMPLETELY different

vince-vaughn-picture-1.jpg

images

vs
images

images

So-first 7s are bright, bubbly, energetic, lighthearted, always asking "what's going on?"
So-last 7s are darker (Sx/Sp 7s can even look 4-ish), more sensual, self focused, longing, introverted (compared to other 7s)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Really, I just want to find a cheerful, peaceful, place with my girlfriend. I really would like to move to south-central Alaska. The auroras and mountains there are beautiful, not to mention they expirience a phenomenon known as "snow" there. It virtually never snows here in Louisiana, there are no mountains or auroras, and summers are unbearably hot and humid. I've visited family in colder areas, before, and I learned I would really prefer to live somewhere with cold, snowy winters, and mild summers. Of course, I would love travel and really soak in all that the world has to offer, Alaska seems like the perfect "home base."

I am still trying to decide on the perfect job, but so far, middle school teacher sounds like a good title.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Definately So/Sp…

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Alright.
The 7 wing in me looks So/Sp, but the 6 looks So/Sx.