• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] Are 3w4s more Bohemian or Professional?

S

Stansmith

Would you say a 3w4 is more likely to look like a charming, personable business man or lawyer (like a 3w2), or are they more bohemian-esque (like a 4w3)?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
3 is like a chameleon type... not that the individuals change their persona so much as the type itself seems able to resemble other types, which makes individuals of that type look very differently if you consider surface traits that are only loosely correlated to a type as it is.

This has to do with whatever external ideals the individual has internalized & whatever aspect of themselves their vanity extends from. Generally, they have a much more polished demeanor in public than a 4w3. It's like whatever they are marketing themselves as, they can come across a little too "perfect" in the role.

Last edited:
S

Stansmith

^So basically one 3w4 could be a popular good-looking quarterback, while another 3w4 could be a well-respected avant-garde artist.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always lived by the motto "different faces for different places."

Also, I think you can find all the types in any profession.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always lived by the motto "different faces for different places."
Also, I think you can find all the types in any profession.

this motto makes me want to vomit, no offense XD

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
None taken. I value Fe and Se, you Fi and Si
basically what you were saying, and I agree. different strokes for different folks

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think 3w4 matches well with an Fe dom type. My ex I debated was 3w2 or 3w4. Growing up in Vegas with hippie parents and a subscription to Fangoria, he doesn't exactly look like a Bible beater.

His ISTJ mother is religious, his ISTP father NOT AT ALL.

He grew up in L.A. and Vegas, with money and without, but mostly with very liberal, permissive values.

He believes in family, sexual fidelity, neighborhood, and overall just loyalty and what he calls "heart." He cries over movies and will fight over his territory.

His favorite movies include films like Old Boy and Opera.

He's an agnostic atheist who believes in evil, but not in organized religion. He's openly expressive of emotion and giving in practical ways but not Keirsey's idiotic 1950s ideal of Midwestern America.

ESFJs are keen to the loyalty of the reality of what they were raised with. Even if that means belonging to the Italian mafia.

I definitely also see him as a very showy stereotypical ESFJ 3, in not being conservative, but being "showy" and social climbing.

I remember when I dyed my hair red and was in a magazine he wanted to "show me off." He loved that I was the envy of his loser friends and their chubby single parent gf's. He was very in love with my social accomplishment. He remembered who was popular in middle school, in high school. He wanted me to appear like his type and fit in with his people.

I know another 3 ESFJ who is very sexually attractive at 50, dates younger men, but otherwise is very socially appropriate, has four kids, very giving and dinner cooking mom type, and owns her own business.

They're like "what's proper but also what's dominant."

That's how I see 3s.

But he was "bohemian."

You can't define personality types by social movement!

S

Stansmith

^^I always pictured average 3w4s as more like "you (plebeians) don't have to like me, but I'm still objectively sh-tting on you at the end of the day", which strikes me as Fi-motivated. A 3w2 on the other hand might think "Well, that's strange. I could've sworn I made a good impression."

3w2's want to be like Jesus out in the open while a 3w4 wants to be Ares disguised as a handsome man in a suit.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, that's what I always say!

S

Stansmith

3w2

59294-eight.jpg

Friendly, charming, successful, open to feedback, fashionable

3w4

edYLk.jpg

Elite, seems inaccessible, transcendent, alluring, stylish

-------------------------

3w4s are charming and friendly too, but they seem more loner-ish, "special" and introverted, while 3w2s are blatant extroverts smiling their gums out in every picture.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, now I get it. Thanks.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think the 3w4 I know well would wear a banana costume before willingly appearing "bohemian".

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
3w2 and 3w2 fixes seem common. Think of all those popstars and Hollywood socialite types.

Yeah... I would have thought so too, but this enneagram website I was looking at didn't have them as one of the likely MBTI types.

S

Stansmith

Yeah... I would have thought so too, but this enneagram website I was looking at didn't have them as one of the likely MBTI types.

I think they're likely to be any type besides 5, 4, or 1

G

Glycerine

My image is more casual/alternative with pops of color. I regularly wear blue/purple eyeshadow with pink/red lipstick. The 3w4 guy I know likes to wear bright muscle shirts and jeans with his hair gelled up. Not exactly "professional" but still somewhat "polished" to fit a certain image.

My 4w3 friend regularly has her hair dyed multiple different colors, several piercings, and tattoos all over.

I would think the 4w5 was more "Bohemian".