• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] Are we what we do?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Intrinsically, inside, is a person more than their actions/what they have to show for themselves?

Your thoughts as image triad-ers or just as human beings. I'll be back to explore what comes up.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have some thoughts already.

I think there is certainly a person in there, with unlimited depth and imagination, but if you can't show something to prove that that inner richness is there, that begs the question of the tree falling in the forest with no one around. That midset motivates taking action to solve problems and work on things, but also is crippling when things aren't going so well.

For instance, if it's a tough time at work, I think I am my performance out there, and when I get home, find it hard to work on hobbies and private dreams, or even to listen to music because it doesn't feel authentic to "real life". Which isn't rational at all, now that I look back on that sentence, but that is how it feels out at the moment. Semiconscious ego shiz, maybe? It's a good thing to question. After all, this is enneagram.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Intrinsically, inside, is a person more than their actions/what they have to show for themselves?
Yes, we are more than our actions and accomplishments. We are just as much the motivations, values, and experiences that fuel those actions. Without these, there would be no actions.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, we are more than our actions and accomplishments. We are just as much the motivations, values, and experiences that fuel those actions. Without these, there would be no actions.
That's not the first time I've been reminded of that, and it always is balancing. What do you think of motivations and values that are held internally but are not expressed in action, or are contradicted by a person's actions? That is, when someone isn't being authentic, whether it's out of fear, hunger or another barrier?

S

Stansmith

I don't know my type, but I have the habit of believing that value and specialness is earned and not something you're born with. Until I've done something of importance, I'm nothing more than a clean canvas.