• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Calling all odd combo types: It just hit me over the head that I'm a Type Eight

Newbyagain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am not sure if my first type is Eight or Four still though, but close enough. It took me a while to realize this, I think partially because I'm introverted, intuitive, and feeling, plus being a woman may have something to do with it.

Are there any other people who questioned their type for these reasons? Do you think it's funny or interesting that not all types fit the way we often look at them?

It really hit me, because I have power issues. I can't let go of stuff. I looked at Ted Bundy in court getting all controlling and cocky, yelling at people, even though he was guilty. It's like when we're on that path of being in control, we wont let anything get in the way, so I think through maturity I've learned that it's always best to humble yourself before hand, because once your in a power struggle with someone, it's hell from there; you either lose or you can't back down or let go. That's me at my worst and kind of embarrassing when you see yourself like that in other crazy people. Haha.

I think I didn't want to be an Eight because I thought it was a masculine type, and I have always been self-conscious of my masculine traits, but I have come to appreciate them. You can have a sort of masculine femininity. Or you could look at it like its a an ultimate matriarchal tone.

Any thoughts on this?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I'm going to ask you a question. You don't have to answer it if you don't want to. But are you under 20?

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hello,

I´m an INFP and my instinctual variant is so-sx. My social dominance can cause me to appear as other types at times. I´ve been called auxilliary Fe types by some and ENFP by others. I roll with it and don´t take it too seriously.

G

garbage

Many think that I must have a 2 wing (rather than 4) because of my MBTI type. It's *twitch* the only way it *twitch* would fit into their mental models.

Anyway, we're a friendly bunch. Just talk about stuff, and you'll get yourself a type.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi [MENTION=17782]Newbyagain[/MENTION]

I'm in a similar boat. I'm a 4w5 with a really strong 8-fix. I'm female, I'm sx/soc or soc/sx, prolly an NF, introverted, and was badly bullied throughout school. I sometimes wonder if I'm not a 4-fixed soc-8 who was just massively disintegrated. Believe me, the only energy I use these days is that of type 8.

I'm kind of masculine as well, which, incidentally, is one thing I've always disliked about myself--I'm not "feminine" enough. Too rugged, too street-justicey, too much of a tom boy, too warlike, whatever.

Yeah, but I don't really fit either stereotype (4 or 8, I mean) especially well. I actually typed as cp6 for awhile because I couldn't explain my in-out/push-pull/attack-selfpity tendencies any other way. It made sense, except those aren't my motivations or concerns. I got really frustrated and finally just accepted the fact that I was a 4.

Anyway, I type as 4w5 because
1. I see myself *most* in those two types (including the things everyone's hated about my personality the most)
2. I can see the 3-4-5 motivations at work within me easier than the 7-8-9 motivations (I don't really relate to 7 or 9 that much).
3. What I was like in my 20s (lots of self-pity, friendlessness, "missing out", 4ish envy, unhappiness, thoughts of suicide, melancholy, pretty much all the 4w5 stereotypes)

You asked this:
Are there any other people who questioned their type for these reasons? Do you think it's funny or interesting that not all types fit the way we often look at them?
Yeah, I do.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi [MENTION=17782]Newbyagain[/MENTION]

I'm in a similar boat. I'm a 4w5 with a really strong 8-fix. I'm female, I'm sx/soc or soc/sx, prolly an NF, introverted, and was badly bullied throughout school. I sometimes wonder if I'm not a 4-fixed soc-8 who was just massively disintegrated. Believe me, the only energy I use these days is that of type 8.

I'm kind of masculine as well, which, incidentally, is one thing I've always disliked about myself--I'm not "feminine" enough. Too rugged, too street-justicey, too much of a tom boy, too warlike, whatever.

Yeah, but I don't really fit either stereotype (4 or 8, I mean) especially well. I actually typed as cp6 for awhile because I couldn't explain my in-out/push-pull/attack-selfpity tendencies any other way. It made sense, except those aren't my motivations or concerns. I got really frustrated and finally just accepted the fact that I was a 4.

Anyway, I type as 4w5 because
1. I see myself *most* in those two types (including the things everyone's hated about my personality the most)
2. I can see the 3-4-5 motivations at work within me easier than the 7-8-9 motivations (I don't really relate to 7 or 9 that much).
3. What I was like in my 20s (lots of self-pity, friendlessness, "missing out", 4ish envy, unhappiness, thoughts of suicide, melancholy, pretty much all the 4w5 stereotypes)

You asked this:
EDIT: Sorry about that...clicked "post" too soon. Anyway, I was going to say:
Yeah, I do. I think it's funny--we associate certain things with certain types, yet it doesn't always pan out the way we've formulated our minds to think of it. I promise you, I don't go snivelling to a "savior figure" to protect me...except that in other ways, I actually kind of do. That's why we explore motivations and the psychology of each type, rather than try solely to interpret behaviors ;)

And, yeah, I told you about my mistype. I thought I could be a weird 6 or 7 for awhile, the problem being that those are not my motivations and core fears. Turns out I'm just a weird 4. I went through this for about 14 years (on and off, of course).