• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Why I Hate 5w4s!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. They're too dang touchy-feely and go with what fits their own internal aesthetic model rather than constructing theories from the facts and the inspirations reasoning with its external reality present us with!
2. Uber-emotional people who withdraw from the world because they seek their own inner idealism rather than confronting the outside challenges are weak and will never work to accomplish the great and the impossible!
3. The elegant solution full of subjective rubbish is vastly inferior to the well-developed system of ultimate objectivity!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. They're too dang touchy-feely and go with what fits their own internal aesthetic model rather than constructing theories from the facts and the inspirations reasoning with its external reality present us with!
2. Uber-emotional people who withdraw from the world because they seek their own inner idealism rather than confronting the outside challenges are weak and will never work to accomplish the great and the impossible!
3. The elegant solution full of subjective rubbish is vastly inferior to the well-developed system of ultimate objectivity!
I take it the 3rd point was sarcasm. if so, I agree with all of these

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NFs seem to love that emo side

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NFs seem to love that emo side

Depends on the type of emo.
for example, 3w4-ish emo is cool because, while it comes off as dark, brooding and mysterious, it appears stronger on the outside with a "I keep my problems to myself" sort of mentality.
in contrast, 5w4 emo is nihilistic and defeatist, almost like the person is withering away in silent anguish and has resigned themselves to an unfortunate fate they believe they cannot escape.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love all the exclamation marks in the OP.

Starry

This has happened to me before...

bus11.jpg

I've written about one particular incident on the site many times always making reference to my belief that the 'bus-throwing' had occurred because this individual had thought I had done something wrong which warranted this treatment in this individual's mind. The problem with my line of thinking in this case was...even if I had actually done what the individual believed I had done...(which I hadn't btw)...even then throwing me under the bus would have been a massive over-reaction. My desire to empathize and basically excuse this individual's behavior is made out to be even more foolish when I consider the realization I had...that this all would have taken place regardless! iow, believing I did something wrong only made throwing me under the bus easier...And was by no means the deciding factor.

The long and short of it is... someone I was incredibly close to sold me out faster than an average person could/can actually say 'sold out'... rather than suffer any embarrassment/conflict they believed they would suffer due to their association with me... that never manifested and never would have for more reasons than I can count.

I don't know how common this type of thing is though... but acknowledge that what seems like the necessary traits to make this type of massive relationship ending/hurtful thing possible are in place. But again idk. [edit: since INTP is the most likely to have this type...I would like to say that this individual was NOT an INTP]

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
those who hate are curse to become so
bring it! life's too short to have everyone like you. enemies make life far more satsifying :devil:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
bring it! life's too short to have everyone like you. enemies make life far more satsifying :devil:

I don't give two craps if everyone likes me to the contrary, i just don't like when a whole group is slandered. individuals being slandered, cuz they suck that's fine and if they deserve it of course.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't give two craps if everyone likes me to the contrary, i just don't like when a whole group is slandered. individuals being slandered, cuz they suck that's fine and if they deserve it of course.

whatever, you're too sensitive

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wait wait so the thread is serious?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

It won't be long until you identify yourself as a 5w4 again. How long has it been since the last time you did that? Two weeks or so?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Sounds like you're onto something there. I'll be expecting to hear about your awesome cancer cure soon.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
for example, 3w4-ish emo is cool because, while it comes off as dark, brooding and mysterious, it appears stronger on the outside with a "I keep my problems to myself" sort of mentality.
Interesting. Reminds me of FF8 Squall. Have you played FF8?

in contrast, 5w4 emo is nihilistic and defeatist, almost like the person is withering away in silent anguish and has resigned themselves to an unfortunate fate they believe they cannot escape.
That's the way INTJs get themselves banned, usually.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It won't be long until you identify yourself as a 5w4 again. How long has it been since the last time you did that? Two weeks or so?

Just because I hate 5w4s doesn't mean I'm not possibly one of them!

You seem to base your conclusions more on what people say than with the context (and I could be wrong, but it looks that way to me).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just because I hate 5w4s doesn't mean I'm not possibly one of them!

You seem to base your conclusions more on what people say than with the context (and I could be wrong, but it looks that way to me).

Fuck it, I don't care. I'm changing my etype.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Let's be best friends plz