• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] E8 Vulnerability

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
of course if you betray the 8 after gaining their trust god help you... you'd better have a GOOD pair of running shoes and a day's head start :2ar15:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes and no. If you're not in our inner circle, you can't access the gooey center since there's insufficient trust. When there's insufficient trust, it's impossible to emotionally hurt an eight since we have kevlar defense and coping mechanisms so if you try, be prepared for a scorched earth policy. If you manage to manipulate an eight, you're either a master or more likely, it's because we let you since we feel you mean us no harm and you're headed in the direction we want to go.

:yes: I'm aware. But I do see what is underneath all that kevlar, even before I'm invited in. And it is that which makes me relax around them and let down my own defences. This in turn then is sometimes reciprocated as it gets me classified in the 'harmless' pile by the 8.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Asking how *I* feel? I always feel vulnerable. That's sort of the whole point. If I felt completely secure and in control of every situation, I think I'd start getting paranoid anyways because I wouldn't know what to do with myself and all this energy invested in the effort.

I'm sure I am not as vulnerable as I feel when speaking logically, nor do I really allow it outside of choice people. It really is a leap of faith when I expose myself to anyone. "This is a piece of me, take it and realize your actions are worth everything to me." This has led to both my closest friendships and most of the people I've cut from my life.

I cover this up socially by being an open book about details I really don't care about. People are usually too distracted with those to really care about much else, which suits me just fine, because there's a lot I am open about and don't mind sharing.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm 8-fixed, and actually, being "vulnerable" (or being seen that way, since I am an image type) is something I resist. I don't like thinking of myself that way. When I find myself in a vulnerable position, I try to rectify that right away. I don't secretly walk around feeling vulnerable (being a 4, sometimes I make a show of it under certain narrow, specific circumstances, but it's basically manipulation when I'm in that state, not true vulnerability).

I dunno how my general demeanor may appear to others--I've certainly been told to show more vulnerability before. But it's not like I walk around feeling constantly vulnerable, and I doubt it's that way for core 8s, as well.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Asking how *I* feel? I always feel vulnerable. That's sort of the whole point. If I felt completely secure and in control of every situation, I think I'd start getting paranoid anyways because I wouldn't know what to do with myself and all this energy invested in the effort.

I'm sure I am not as vulnerable as I feel when speaking logically, nor do I really allow it outside of choice people. It really is a leap of faith when I expose myself to anyone. "This is a piece of me, take it and realize your actions are worth everything to me." This has led to both my closest friendships and most of the people I've cut from my life.

I cover this up socially by being an open book about details I really don't care about. People are usually too distracted with those to really care about much else, which suits me just fine, because there's a lot I am open about and don't mind sharing.

You feel vulnerable when trying to be logical? I find this interesting. As an ENFP with lower thinking functions, are you especially careful that whoever you're speaking to won't make a comment on your inferior thinking? Would you rather push someone away rather than reveal the logical route?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
You feel vulnerable when trying to be logical? I find this interesting. As an ENFP with lower thinking functions, are you especially careful that whoever you're speaking to won't make a comment on your inferior thinking? Would you rather push someone away rather than reveal the logical route?

Ah.. I worded that badly. I meant to say that, logically speaking, I am not really so vulnerable, and there are plain facts that prove that. But I still feel that way anyways. It's an illogical feeling.

Though, while we're on the topic, that does happen. Pushing people away rather than using a logical route. Sometimes, plain old facts and simple logic are just harsh, shocking truths to people.. so I'd rather "lie" by not putting them out in the open and pushing them away with something easier and softer for them to understand (like feelings and emotions) rather than using logic and looking cold and calculated.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Some comments in this thread inspired me to write a comic panel, right 'ere
8strong_zpscae85615.png