• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] What Type 7 is really about

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
7's biggest problem in life is the fact that they are scared of committing to one thing and losing out on every other opportunity.

6's biggest problem is indecision due to fear when placed into a situation where they have no backup.

hmm... I don't know anymore. I have both fears sorta...:unsure:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
already started several. as for recently, I'm not really questioning my type at the moment.

I'm not reactive, worrying or cerebral enough to be a 6 (the 6 influence is there, but it's pretty weak). you've already agreed I'm pretty chill. 6--->3 is the furthest thing from chill

a few people have suggested this, but my natural struggles (apart from laziness) are nothing close to 9

I'm just entertaining some ideas. :unsure: I think 7w6 is right - you're just an odd one of the bunch like I am.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This text is 6very good at explaining the negative sides etc. But is there any on personal growth? For instance, it says that we maintained a Freudian attachment to the mouth: eating for pleasure and over-expressing thoughts to others, and over dependance on the external world. So what would be the road to personal growth for that?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
hmm... I don't know anymore. I have both fears sorta...:unsure:

Right. Everyone fears most of the enneagram's basic fears, but your life usually revolves around one of them. You can usually feel your wing and empathize with its problems in others, but it doesn't exactly cause the majority of your problems.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Right. Everyone fears most of the enneagram's basic fears, but your life usually revolves around one of them. You can usually feel your wing and empathize with its problems in others, but it doesn't exactly cause the majority of your problems.

I guess I'll have to reflect on that.

I do know that I put up a 7 front.

Is that what your wing is for? Cause I can't put another head type in my triad. lol

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*Correction*

Can't put another head type in my tritype. ^

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I guess I'll have to reflect on that.

I do know that I put up a 7 front.

Is that what your wing is for? Cause I can't put another head type in my triad. lol

To me, my 7 wing feels like my mind and body is being pulled and tugged in 12 different directions at once, and I can't do any of them because that means I'll miss out on all the others. It surfaces randomly, but when it happens its easy for me to ignore, but underlying all of that, deep down that is always present, is this kind of gnashing of teeth and thirst that ultimately can't be quenched unless I take actions to quench it, and in a way I am always fighting against it or running from it. My spartan lifestyle conditions reflect an active need to fight against my need for more space, etc.

However, much like a 7, I have a life desire to experience EVERYTHING life has to offer. I connect with people of different personalities to experience life from their point of view, etc. But the reason I am not core 7, is because this desire to experience everything, doesn't run my life. Odd thing is, I often used to view myself as a 7. My head says I'm adventurous, etc. But when you actually look at me and my lifestyle, you see inactivity interspersed with bursts of extreme activity for one day of the week. Compare this to many other 7's who are extremely outgoing, and constantly out experiencing the world.

8 is a gut type, so its possible I'm unaware of a lot of my 8 tendencies, and only aware of my 7 tendencies. All the tests I take say I'm this immovable object, zodiac sign is capricorn, etc, but it doesn't feel that way. If you are debating 6 as your core type, I suppose its possible you are unaware of your 6 tendencies as well. Though, 6 is a head type, so... who knows.

The mind and the body are 2 very, very separate things.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've got a 7 in there somewhere, there's no question in my mind. Thanks so much for that, Elfboy.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
7's biggest problem in life is the fact that they are scared of committing to one thing and losing out on every other opportunity.

6's biggest problem is indecision due to fear when placed into a situation where they have no backup.

I deal with both...