• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Enneagram 6: What are your variants and what scares you?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes exactly. It's too bad no one knows where Amargith is for her to comment on her own work...
But what I thought was so significant about the above passage is...how true it is...how it applies across all enneagram points (these behaviors would be recognizable to some extent in all sx/sp & sp/sx regardless of e-type)...And yet I have never read anything like this before. I now suspect all enneagram pros & authors to be sleeping on the job. The relationship behaviors as described seem defining to me...and a mindfulness of them seems highly important for the two stacks.

Inari, I can't seem to get a read on you. You identify or test as ENTJ? As well as e6? Which wing? From the very little I've read from you...you sure have higher levels of Feeling than I would expect out of an ENTJ. Do you identify as a counterphobic? Do you have any test results I could see?

If I could tell you what I want to be...lol...it would be a hippie(that doesn't do drugs lol) that wears a business suit. lmfao...I am not kidding when I say I'm torn. I HATE IT!

When I discovered I was a six...it really affected me. lol I'm definately an ENTJ, I've known this for over 6 years, I identify with that MBTI personality type only. I have Te all the way and A LOT of Ni! I am extraverted, I'm so deep in intuition that I have my own little world, and I'm definately TJ at the end I introvert my feelings and I do a very poor job of it. On here...I don't know you guys.. so somedays...I think "Well fuck it who cares what I say? I don't know them in real life." and other days I am friend requesting people that I don't know. So my behaviors are very 6ish...I would say it defines me better than ENTJ.

This was last taken yr in Oct for fun

Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||||||||||| 9.47
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||| 6.69
Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||||||||| 5.25
Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||||| 4.315
Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||||||| 3.94
Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||||| 3.93
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||| 3.91
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||| 3.58

So I think I am constantly striving towards 9, and that is like the complete opposite of an ENTJ in peoples' general opinions.

John Stuart from "The Daily Show" and Ellen DeGeneres.

I love that you have the ability to do that ! awesomeness. (or at least the confidence) ha ha

Starry

If I could tell you what I want to be...lol...it would be a hippie(that doesn't do drugs lol) that wears a business suit. lmfao...I am not kidding when I say I'm torn. I HATE IT!

So weird - because I've always wanted to be someone that does drugs but not hippies!

Seriously though, there's no 'torn' concerning what you would wish for yourself. There are hundreds of thousands of hippies in business attire. They're called university professors.

When I discovered I was a six...it really affected me. lol I'm definately an ENTJ, I've known this for over 6 years, I identify with that MBTI personality type only. I have Te all the way and A LOT of Ni! I am extraverted, I'm so deep in intuition that I have my own little world, and I'm definately TJ at the end I introvert my feelings and I do a very poor job of it. On here...I don't know you guys.. so somedays...I think "Well fuck it who cares what I say? I don't know them in real life." and other days I am friend requesting people that I don't know. So my behaviors are very 6ish...I would say it defines me better than ENTJ.

This was last taken yr in Oct for fun

So I think I am constantly striving towards 9, and that is like the complete opposite of an ENTJ in peoples' general opinions.

I love that you have the ability to do that ! awesomeness. (or at least the confidence) ha ha

Inari, I'm wondering if the reason so many people tell you - you seem like an ENFP.........could be correlated with the high likelihood that you are in fact one.

You indicated you were heavy on Ni...but your test results list that as your least used function. Did you mean Ne? From where I sit I would say you were a Te heavy ENFP. Have you ever read a description for 8w7 so/sp?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So weird - because I've always wanted to be someone that does drugs but not hippies!

Seriously though, there's no 'torn' concerning what you would wish for yourself. There a hundreds of thousands of hippies in business attire. They're called university professors.

Inari, I'm wondering if the reason so many people tell you - you seem like an ENFP.........could be correlated with the high likelihood that you are in fact one.

You indicated you were heavy on Ni...but your test results list that as you least used function. Did you mean Ne? From where I sit I would say you were a Te heavy ENFP. Have you ever read a description for 8w7 so/sp?

I will look into the enneagram thing but Im a judger. All the way. lol I blame the test for being dumb lol

Starry

I will look into the enneagram thing but Im a judger. All the way. lol I blame the test for being dumb lol

I'm not necessarily doubting you actually with regards to 'judging'... which is why I put you at e8. This is not to say there aren't serious judgers at e6. I'm considering your specific kind of 'judging' which I'm not going to explain ha. But much like hippies in business attire...YOU CAN HAVE BOTH! You can be an ENFP e8 that judges.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

•You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
•You have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (88%)
•You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (44%)
•You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not necessarily doubting you actually with regards to 'judging'... which is why I put you at e8. This is not to say there aren't serious judgers at e6. I'm considering your specific kind of 'judging' which I'm not going to explain ha. But much like hippies in business attire...YOU CAN HAVE BOTH! You can be an ENFP e8 that judges.

Hmmm I don't identify with the NF temperment at all tho, I find that they are extremely emotional. And I am not. I would say it's more likely that I'm an ENTJ with a lot of Ne lol but really, I don't think so I think that Ne is much better at expaining itself, at least better than Ni, and my communication barriers with people are always because of Ni.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=14015]Inari Love[/MENTION]

No, I'm not super amazing or anything, I'm just referencing this chart from typewatch that has every single variant stacking with every single variant combo...

http://pastebin.com/gsAhzZqW

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=14015]Inari Love[/MENTION]

No, I'm not super amazing or anything, I'm just referencing this chart from typewatch that has every single variant stacking with every single variant combo...

http://pastebin.com/gsAhzZqW

Haha I see.

Also I just wanted to say, I don't sense the social instinct from you as much because you seem to be more self disclosing than someone with so in thier first or second stackings. I get the feeling that they tend to hold back. You are very sx'y to me. They don't seem to hold back.

Starry

Hey Inari, I just wanted to quickly state/clarify that I’m not here to strip you of your ENTJ card. Or your newly listed 6w5 & sx/sp cards. <--Even if I could convince you you’ve got it all wrong…I wouldn’t. Like I’ve mentioned before…there’s meaning in your choices that I honor. And in my mind you are ENTJ 6w5 sx/sp because this is who say you are.

In case, however…at any point in the future things start to change or start to seem misfit in anyway… I’m going to give you some info…knowing you will reject it. But just put it in the back of your mind in the off-chance it will ever be of any use to you. And know that in spite of the fact I will speak in terms of ENFP e8…this is merely for ease on my part and I still yield to your understanding of who you are.

@Starry

•You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
•You have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (88%)
•You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (44%)
•You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

Directly above this is Keirsey right? See, I’ve never quite understood this ‘temperament sorter’…and perhaps you or another ‘Keirsey-versed’ individual can explain to me how a supposed Te-dom with Ti 4th in line…can score ‘moderate preference over Feeling’ on Thinking? How does that work? And I’d also be interested in understanding how a Te-dom is 44% Thinking and yet 88% Intuition?

What I can say though is it’s that 88% Intuition <--that is obvious and detectable in you. And if it wasn’t obvious and detectable I would have, quite truthfully, looked at those same cognitive function scores you provided previously and built you a case for ‘ESTJ e8’ [actually, what results did they provide you for the cognitive functions test? They would have suggested 3 types…so like ENFP, ESTJ…?] Anyway, I know you either believe or want to believe…that a good portion of that 88% N is Ni but it just isn’t. I mean, I went and skimmed a few of your posts to see…and you present with the same (classic)… ‘Ne-all-over-the-place-contradicting-yourself-left-and-right’…as every other Ne dom in the TypoC house – myself included. And yes, this is a byproduct of leading with the function that makes all things true/possible and all things false/impossible at the exact same time. <--It’s all fairly tell-tale tbh.

Basically, I see you scored as a Te-dom…and yet your presentation is very removed imo from everything that constitutes ‘fairly tell-tale’ as far as Te-dom presentation goes. And so, I can only conclude something else is going on. You are not Te>Ni>Fi. Nor do I believe you are Te>Ne>Fi I think what it truly looks like is Te=Ne>Fi <--And while this will most certainly make you feel like an ENTJ it doesn’t make you into an actual ENTJ.

I don’t know if you caught The Great One and myself discussing his Ne=Fe>Ti…and whether or not this line-up was natural to him or whether he was in a Ne/Fe loop. Well, this is now what I wonder with regards to you. I wonder if your Ne=Te>Fi is natural or if you are in a Ne/Te loop which can result from stress, challenging experiences in life, etc. The difference between these two loops…an ENTP in a Ne/Fe loop will become an individual that is desperately seeking external validation and approval…an ENFP in a Ne/Te loop does quite the opposite. Ne/Te loops can often make an individual more aggressive, challenging, forceful… Or it can take on the appearance of something that looks like this:

…Counterphobic imo is all an act. Trying to protect the poor soul inside… I don't think that every cp is merely combative. I would say more rebellious. Which could lead to many behaviors not just combative.

fwiw - I do not see counterphobia in you.

Hmmm I don't identify with the NF temperment at all tho, I find that they are extremely emotional. And I am not. I would say it's more likely that I'm an ENTJ with a lot of Ne lol but really, I don't think so I think that Ne is much better at expaining itself, at least better than Ni, and my communication barriers with people are always because of Ni.

The majority of NFs I encounter do not relate to the NF temperament. My theory is they probably did when they were children…but when faced with a world of structures and systems and people and circumstances…that rarely, if ever mirrored back what is inherent in us…NF got denied and stuffed…or snuffed out entirely. But in the spirit of you indicating you ‘need feedback’ haha…
When you say that you find NFs to be ‘extremely emotional’…and go onto say ‘And I’m not.’ Umm…you are actually experienced by me as being more emotional than the average NF forum member tbh. It’s difficult for me to put it into words…but there is what seems to be some high sensitivity in all that I’ve seen you create here and if you are not experiencing yourself in the same way all I can say is I’m surprised.

Anyway, I hope this makes some sense. And please do not feel the need to come and defend your type against any of these comments as again…I yield to who you say you are. [forgive all the spelling errors, etc. I needed to type this quickly :) ]

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey Inari, I just wanted to quickly state/clarify that I’m not here to strip you of your ENTJ card. Or your newly listed 6w5 & sx/sp cards. <--Even if I could convince you you’ve got it all wrong…I wouldn’t. Like I’ve mentioned before…there’s meaning in your choices that I honor. And in my mind you are ENTJ 6w5 sx/sp because this is who say you are.

In case, however…at any point in the future things start to change or start to seem misfit in anyway… I’m going to give you some info…knowing you will reject it. But just put it in the back of your mind in the off-chance it will ever be of any use to you. And know that in spite of the fact I will speak in terms of ENFP e8…this is merely for ease on my part and I still yield to your understanding of who you are.

Directly above this is Keirsey right? See, I’ve never quite understood this ‘temperament sorter’…and perhaps you or another ‘Keirsey-versed’ individual can explain to me how a supposed Te-dom with Ti 4th in line…can score ‘moderate preference over Feeling’ on Thinking? How does that work? And I’d also be interested in understanding how a Te-dom is 44% Thinking and yet 88% Intuition?

What I can say though is it’s that 88% Intuition <--that is obvious and detectable in you. And if it wasn’t obvious and detectable I would have, quite truthfully, looked at those same cognitive function scores you provided previously and built you a case for ‘ESTJ e8’ [actually, what results did they provide you for the cognitive functions test? They would have suggested 3 types…so like ENFP, ESTJ…?] Anyway, I know you either believe or want to believe…that a good portion of that 88% N is Ni but it just isn’t. I mean, I went and skimmed a few of your posts to see…and you present with the same (classic)… ‘Ne-all-over-the-place-contradicting-yourself-left-and-right’…as every other Ne dom in the TypoC house – myself included. And yes, this is a byproduct of leading with the function that makes all things true/possible and all things false/impossible at the exact same time. <--It’s all fairly tell-tale tbh.

Basically, I see you scored as a Te-dom…and yet your presentation is very removed imo from everything that constitutes ‘fairly tell-tale’ as far as Te-dom presentation goes. And so, I can only conclude something else is going on. You are not Te>Ni>Fi. Nor do I believe you are Te>Ne>Fi I think what it truly looks like is Te=Ne>Fi <--And while this will most certainly make you feel like an ENTJ it doesn’t make you into an actual ENTJ.

I don’t know if you caught The Great One and myself discussing his Ne=Fe>Ti…and whether or not this line-up was natural to him or whether he was in a Ne/Fe loop. Well, this is now what I wonder with regards to you. I wonder if your Ne=Te>Fi is natural or if you are in a Ne/Te loop which can result from stress, challenging experiences in life, etc. The difference between these two loops…an ENTP in a Ne/Fe loop will become an individual that is desperately seeking external validation and approval…an ENFP in a Ne/Te loop does quite the opposite. Ne/Te loops can often make an individual more aggressive, challenging, forceful… Or it can take on the appearance of something that looks like this:

fwiw - I do not see counterphobia in you.

The majority of NFs I encounter do not relate to the NF temperament. My theory is they probably did when they were children…but when faced with a world of structures and systems and people and circumstances…that rarely, if ever mirrored back what is inherent in us…NF got denied and stuffed…or snuffed out entirely. But in the spirit of you indicating you ‘need feedback’ haha…
When you say that you find NFs to be ‘extremely emotional’…and go onto say ‘And I’m not.’ Umm…you are actually experienced by me as being more emotional than the average NF forum member tbh. It’s difficult for me to put it into words…but there is what seems to be some high sensitivity in all that I’ve seen you create here and if you are not experiencing yourself in the same way all I can say is I’m surprised.

Anyway, I hope this makes some sense. And please do not feel the need to come and defend your type against any of these comments as again…I yield to who you say you are. [forgive all the spelling errors, etc. I needed to type this quickly :) ]

Nah I don't feel like I have to defend it (at least with no negative emotions attached you're opinion lol). I know that I'm ENTJ first because of the letters (I'm an extravert, Intuitive, Thinker, Judger) ,Secondly by indentifying with the ENTJ descriptions ENTIRELY, and third I'm a Te -dom. On intuition : I believe I am misinterpreting what the test means by "possibilities", and I really mean "improvements" Coming up with stuff out of the air = possibilities....I take stuff I see and make it way better. = improving..I am terrible at thinking of possibilities...So I believe I've been answering the damn quesitons wrong tbh. lol Cause I just took a test yesterday and it said intj. :shrug: I just don't think I'm reading the questions and answering them right ha ha.

I think when I write, I'm able to express myself more emotionally. <--Fi is what I believe it is. So you're seeing a lot of inner world here.

Now I did look at the description in socionics, and I identify with both LIE (a whole lot) and IEE (mostly a lot). But MBTI ...I'm an ENTJ. So here you may have something...if it's possible to be a different type in socionics than MBTI then I may say I'm an ENTJ (MBTI) that has the function order of an IEE. Now that I can agree with.

For some reason when I'm around people, I have a mask on that says" Yay, hi, I'm happy, dumb, and like to party" I believe that's what the impression I have left on TypeC to be as well lol. So I think it's just cause I'm putting on a "don't hurt me" front ---> that is 6w5.

I am counterphobic as well but not as much anymore. I don't identify with an 8 at all, and I can take no for an answer. I can't stand the thought of 7 *shivers* so I wont consider it. lol ( I think I have a very bad pre-concieved notion of E7's) They rub me the wrong way. (could be a shadow though)

I don't wanna derail this thread from being about instinctual varients and such to being about what MBTI type I am lol. So you agree with Amargith about sp/sx's "keeping people at an arms length always" and sp/sx's getting close then fleeing? I don't know if that resonates with me.

I guess I'll have to reflect more on my behaviors. I have never really been close to anyone ever. (to my standards, which no one would ever be able to live up to) It's from being a 6, I don't trust anyone. The closest would be my dad. So I'm assuming that I would fit into the sp/sx catagory.:unsure: But I don't do sp dom things other than take care of the bills.

Starry

Edit: briefly on counterphobic vs phobic relationship testing... whether it is a legitimate concern or something that was either semi-fabricated or completely-fabricated (haha) by *e6 paranoia*...a counterphobic most often comes right-out and blames the other directly...sometimes dramatically...and awfully loudly haha. What I primarily see with phobics is classic passive-aggressive behavior.

I am counterphobic as well but not as much anymore. I don't identify with an 8 at all, and I can take no for an answer. I can't stand the thought of 7 *shivers* so I wont consider it. lol ( I think I have a very bad pre-concieved notion of E7's) They rub me the wrong way. (could be a shadow though)

:dry:

You know, perhaps I spoke too soon with regards to the whole e6 vs e8 thing. Haha!

When I read over your response...I'm struck by just how different our understandings are - of the various aspects of personality theory which I will henceforth attribute to your e7 shadow (<--I'm kidding haha.) And since I'm without a keyboard at this moment...I'll merely make this one correction.

I do believe you are a Te Dom. I just believe that position is shared or followed very closely by Ne. I do see the 'ExTJ' in you. We just have completely different theories as to how all that is manifesting in you (I won't call this member to the thread as she will probably be so confused... but read some posts by the user Maybe.) If nothing ever changes for you I think you have yourself as decently typed as the next guy. My post was merely an 'If...then' offering for something I see and believe to be true about you.

Yes...I agree with Amargith. Have a lovely evening!

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:dry:

You know, perhaps I spoke too soon with regards to the whole e6 vs e8 thing. Haha!

When I read over your response...I'm struck by just how different our understandings are - of the various aspects of personality theory which I will henceforth attribute to your e7 shadow (<--I'm kidding haha.) And since I'm without a keyboard at this moment...I'll merely make this one correction.

I do believe you are a Te Dom. I just believe that position is shared or followed very closely by Ne. I do see the 'ExTJ' in you. We just have completely different theories as to how all that is manifesting in you (I won't call this member to the thread as she will probably be so confused... but read some posts by the user Maybe.) If nothing ever changes for you I think you have yourself as decently typed as the next guy. My post was merely an 'If...then' offering for something I see and believe to be true about you.

Yes...I agree with Amargith. Have a lovely evening!

wow ha ha woops. I didn't even look at what enneagram you were.:doh: I was really talking about the E7's I've met in real life. I just have not been able to understand them. I don't know if you took that as a passive aggressive attack but I didn't mean that to be any of the sort. I was actually just stating my impression of E7's, and that I don't think I am one because of my experience with them. YOU don't rub me the wrong way at all. I like you! :) and appreciate the work you've put in to our convo. I actually hope you're not going to write me off now. When I say pre concieved notion, that's me also looking for feedback.(wanting to know if the notion I have of them is correct or if you think that it may be off) I have probably just been around pretty unhealthy 7's.

And our understandings probably are very different. I will take a look at Maybe's posts. It seems like you put more emphasis on the functions is that correct?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Haha I see.

Also I just wanted to say, I don't sense the social instinct from you as much because you seem to be more self disclosing than someone with so in thier first or second stackings. I get the feeling that they tend to hold back. You are very sx'y to me. They don't seem to hold back.

Look at the sx dom thread. There is a video of myself on that thread. Why don't you check it out, and tell me what you think?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Look at the sx dom thread. There is a video of myself on that thread. Why don't you check it out, and tell me what you think?

Gah.

Well you definately have Fe. in your first 4 functions. The video does make me think more on the so side...I'm not sure yet. I will have to look at more.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Gah.

Well you definately have Fe. in your first 4 functions. The video does make me think more on the so side...I'm not sure yet. I will have to look at more.

Yeah no one seems to think that I'm social last, and no one thinks I'm sx last.

S

Stansmith

So/Sx

I fear:

-Being bored

-Being boring

-Being unattractive

-Being unlikeable

-Being mediocre or average in terms of appearance, sense of style, taste, etc. I like people to go "damn" when I enter a room and feel kind of pissed when someone else beats me in that department.

-Being lonely

-Being poor

-Being deprived

-being unfulfilled

-Being a corporate slave or buttmonkey, or just an irrelevant, interchangeable piece of a system.

-Being just some guy

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So/Sx

I fear:

-Being bored

-Being boring

-Being unattractive

-Being unlikeable

-Being mediocre or average in terms of appearance, sense of style, taste, etc. I like people to go "damn" when I enter a room and feel kind of pissed when someone else beats me in that department.

-Being lonely

-Being poor

-Being deprived

-being unfulfilled

-Being a corporate slave or buttmonkey, or just an irrelevant, interchangeable piece of a system.

-Being just some guy
I don't wish this either…

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
So/Sx

I fear:

-Being bored

-Being boring

-Being unattractive

-Being unlikeable

-Being lonely

-Being poor

-Being deprived

-being unfulfilled

-Being just some guy

It's interesting that you say that you fear not being liked. I wouldn't say that I fear not being liked as much as I would say that I fear "being hated". I fear getting on the wrong side of people in the work setting especially because I know that I can use people that I have report with in order to get promotions and to get out of trouble if need be. I guess that I'm actually using this to meet sp needs not SO needs now that I think about it.

But Stan don't you also fear things like getting cancer, or getting a broken arm, or becoming handicapped, getting disfigured, or losing a limb for example?

S

Stansmith

It's interesting that you say that you fear not being liked. I wouldn't say that I fear not being liked as much as I would say that I fear "being hated". I fear getting on the wrong side of people in the work setting especially because I know that I can use people that I have report with in order to get promotions and to get out of trouble if need be. I guess that I'm actually using this to meet sp needs not SO needs now that I think about it.

But Stan don't you also fear things like getting cancer, or getting a broken arm, or becoming handicapped, getting disfigured, or losing a limb for example?

Lol nah. Stuff like that is just like, irrelevant to me. I might see some guy in a wheelchair and just think "wow, I'd hate to be in that situation", and then my mind goes elsewhere.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Lol nah. Stuff like that is just like, irrelevant to me. I might see some guy in a wheelchair and just think "wow, I'd hate to be in that situation", and then my mind goes elsewhere.

Let me give you an example of something that recently happened to me, that scarred the absolute shit out of me. Let's see if you think that it would affect you in the same way that it affected me...

So the other day I was driving down the road and saw a big turtle in the middle of the road and didn't want to run it over. Therefore, I pulled over, and went to pick the turtle up so that it wouldn't be killed. However when I went over to it, I noticed that the turtle had a more triangular head and not a round one like I was used to seeing turtles have. Anyway, the turtle then tried to bite me, but I moved the hell out of the way before it could. It turned out that the turtle was a snapping turtle. I then said, "Fuck it" and just got back in the car and drove off.

After that though, I was absolutely freaking out because I then thought to myself, "Holy shit! I bet that thing could bite my finger off!" So I looked it up and sure enough I found out that the turtles can EASILY bite your finger off, and have done so to many throughout the ages. I was literally freaking out about this situation for the rest of the day because I realized that I came so close to potentially getting my finger bitten off. How would you have reacted in this situation?