• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Enneagram 6: What are your variants and what scares you?

S

Stansmith

Let me give you an example of something that recently happened to me, that scarred the absolute shit out of me. Let's see if you think that it would affect you in the same way that it affected me...

So the other day I was driving down the road and saw a big turtle in the middle of the road and didn't want to run it over. Therefore, I pulled over, and went to pick the turtle up so that it wouldn't be killed. However when I went over to it, I noticed that the turtle had a more triangular head and not a round one like I was used to seeing turtles have. Anyway, the turtle then tried to bite me, but I moved the hell out of the way before it could. It turned out that the turtle was a snapping turtle. I then said, "Fuck it" and just got back in the car and drove off.

After that though, I was absolutely freaking out because I then thought to myself, "Holy shit! I bet that thing could bite my finger off!" So I looked it up and sure enough I found out that the turtles can EASILY bite your finger off, and have done so to many throughout the ages. I was literally freaking out about this situation for the rest of the day because I realized that I came so close to potentially getting my finger bitten off. How would you have reacted in this situation?

I probably wouldve brushed off the incident at first, but if I did all that googling I'd probably just be a brief "holy shit" moment at worst. It's not really a daily occurrence.

I did have an instance where I almost got robbed at night, coming home from school after working on a biology project that I'd have to work on the entire week, and that had a similar effect on me. I also remember thinking a few years ago that my plane would crash as karma for being a sh-tty person. I was completely convinced that I was gonna die.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I probably wouldve brushed off the incident at first, but if I did all that googling I'd probably just be a brief "holy shit" moment at worst. It's not really a daily occurrence.

I did have an instance where I almost got robbed at night, coming home from school after working on a biology project that I'd have to work on the entire week, and that had a similar effect on me. I also remember thinking a few years ago that my plane would crash as karma for being a sh-tty person. I was completely convinced that I was gonna die.

But how often do you think about stuff like that? For instance, I almost got robbed after seeing the new "Wolverine" movie, and it really screwed me up mentally. I started going like Sun Tzu strategist with it and trying to strategize ways to avoid this in the future.

S

Stansmith

But how often do you think about stuff like that? For instance, I almost got robbed after seeing the new "Wolverine" movie, and it really screwed me up mentally. I started going like Sun Tzu strategist with it and trying to strategize ways to avoid this in the future.

I sort of get over it after a day or so. I have a short memory when it comes to past physical or mortal danger. My paranoia is pretty much exclusively about relationships.

A family member had a very real near death experience a while back at a Christmas party and my 6w5 dad said he'd never go to another party, and I was just like lol (she was fine by then). I felt a little bit traumatized the next day but I got over it quickly.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I sort of get over it after a day or so. I have a short memory with that type of stuff.

A family member had a very real near death experience a while back at a Christmas party and my 6w5 dad said he'd never go to another party, and I was just like lol (she was fine by then). I felt a little bit traumatized the next day but I got over it quickly.

What happened at the party?

S

Stansmith

What happened at the party?

Some weird friend of my cousin's tried to get her piss drunk and I assume she got alcohol poisoning. It was like staring at a dead body except she apparently ( i guess presumably) had some type of pulse.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Some weird friend of my cousin's tried to get her piss drunk and I assume she got alcohol poisoning. It was like staring at a dead body except she apparently ( i guess presumably) had some type of pulse.

Yeah I've never come close to death when getting drunk. I have a weak stomach and just puke it up if I'm drinking too much.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] I was thinkin about your instincts some more....I still think you're sx/sp ....your Fe is prolly just developed enough to make u look or test as a social...I was thinking that more, as I watched your videos.

Did u say that u r good at sp things? I forget :thinking:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] I was thinkin about your instincts some more....I still think you're sx/sp ....your Fe is prolly just developed enough to make u look or test as a social...I was thinking that more, as I watched your videos.

Did u say that u r good at sp things? I forget :thinking:

Yeah this was my theory as well.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sort of get over it after a day or so. I have a short memory when it comes to past physical or mortal danger. My paranoia is pretty much exclusively about relationships.

you're probably 7w6 ?? maybe...idk...what convinced you you were a 6?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Let me give you an example of something that recently happened to me, that scarred the absolute shit out of me. Let's see if you think that it would affect you in the same way that it affected me...

So the other day I was driving down the road and saw a big turtle in the middle of the road and didn't want to run it over. Therefore, I pulled over, and went to pick the turtle up so that it wouldn't be killed. However when I went over to it, I noticed that the turtle had a more triangular head and not a round one like I was used to seeing turtles have. Anyway, the turtle then tried to bite me, but I moved the hell out of the way before it could. It turned out that the turtle was a snapping turtle. I then said, "Fuck it" and just got back in the car and drove off.

After that though, I was absolutely freaking out because I then thought to myself, "Holy shit! I bet that thing could bite my finger off!" So I looked it up and sure enough I found out that the turtles can EASILY bite your finger off, and have done so to many throughout the ages. I was literally freaking out about this situation for the rest of the day because I realized that I came so close to potentially getting my finger bitten off. How would you have reacted in this situation?

Quite frankly, my heart is pounding simply reading this…

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

LoL…
I do this, too.

Then I realize that half the things I plan are more dangerous than what I plan to prevent. Then I worry that I'm going insane…
The mind is a horrible thing to waste…

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
you're probably 7w6 ?? maybe...idk...what convinced you you were a 6?

Not necessarily. If there's anything that this thread proves, it's that different people of different variant stackings fear different things.

Quite frankly, my heart is pounding simply reading this…

It's because you aren't self pres last.

LoL…
I do this, too.

Then I realize that half the things I plan are more dangerous than what I plan to prevent. Then I worry that I'm going insane…
The mind is a horrible thing to waste…

Yeah this means you aren't a 7. A 7 will think about this for a small amount of time, then make some funny joke about it, and then just forget it completley. It's the 6's that obsess over it.

Bath Kol

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm 6w5 so/sp and I fear genocide, failure, poverty, illness, rejection due to my predisposition to being clingy, and that people will think I'm an alien.