• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] Gut types having difficulty explaining their decisions?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Do gut types have difficulty explaining why they make decisions past "It seemed like a good idea?"

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not really, no. Usually when I make a decision it's because I feel it's the best choice I've got at the time.

Now, I may have a hard time being patient enough or have thought a decision through further enough...but explaining it? Nah, I'm pretty good at that :)

But that's me!

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dunno if Im a gut type or not, and at the rate poeple are answering my type me thread I never will.

But lets just say I used to be this way, but learned to justify my actions with logic, which is the only thing people understand(or maybe I know too many sixes).

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Dunno if Im a gut type or not, and at the rate poeple are answering my type me thread I never will.

But lets just say I used to be this way, but learned to justify my actions with logic, which is the only thing people understand(or maybe I know too many sixes).

ha. No one in my life understands logic, only emotions that are pounded into their thick skulls.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not at all (and you're an INFP type 4..???)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Ummmmm maybe? I'm not sure? Because I wanted to? :laugh:

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
not really. I know that I've made an awful lot of decisions that wouldn't make sense to others, but I'm always pretty aware of my motivations. at least in hindsight.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A hard time articulating to others our reasoning behind decisions, or a hard time understanding why we decided it for ourselves?

It depends. For me, anyway.

In the absence of a well-meaning, well-trusted other to do it for me, little, everyday, mostly inconsequential decisions are made using my super scientific method of mentally (or literally, as in the case of deciding among equally appealing options at a restaurant) shutting my eyes and putting my finger somewhere.

Big Ass Life Decisions? I could write an essay explaining my reasoning (provided I've actually made a decision at all yet :tongue:).

Any difficulty is met with during the decision-making process--not in explaining it afterward (whether it's to others [if they have the time and interest, hehe] or to myself). If someone were to ask me to explain what's going on in my head during that process, it'd certainly be hard to get it out it in any coherent, sensible way.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=10312]Tabula[/MENTION]

inarticulation for in the moment decisions, or in the moment political decisions.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hm.

I can always explain it reasonably after I've had time to dissect my motivations and translate the vague, gut-in-nature criteria on which I based those decisions into words, but were someone to ask me immediately following one of the in-the-moment decisons, it would probably come out as some variation of "seemed like a good idea at the time" (unless I absolutely needed to save face, in which case, I'd enlist the aid of my handy BS-ing skills to make up a very reasonable justification which may or may not be reflective of my motivation, horrible as that is).

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm great at explaining my actions -- but I'm not great at explaining my reactions. If that makes sense.

I try to decide things based on some kind of calculation, but my reactions to things (especially my internal reactions to things) are tough for me to figure out. I can explain them very well after I think them through, but that could take days, weeks, or even months.

Edit: This is under the presumption that my reactions aren't something I choose, but that actions/decisions are. So TLDR I have no difficulty explaining my decisions.
Not at all (and you're an INFP type 4..???)
ESTP type 8. I have no idea why he typed himself like that. :laugh:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I explain my reasons with laser precision. :coffee:

In general, it seems to me like that wouldn't mix well with type 1s over all, which is a gut type, so I doubt it.

Then again, I tend to doubt all the triad stuff. My signature link goes to the thread where I eviscerated the Enneagram and took what remainder had value in my mind. It had mixed reviews.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
What is a "gut type"? :huh:

enneagrams 8 9 and 1

head types are 5 6 7,

heart types are 2 3 4

Good responses. [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], I have difficulty explaining my reactions as well. I'm glad you clarified reaction vs decision. My decisions are easy to explain. My reactions are not because they happen so quickly.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTP type 8. I have no idea why he typed himself like that. :laugh:

yeah, that's why I asked..because to change from ESTP 8 to INFP 4 is so drastic.. & v. hard to believe.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
enneagrams 8 9 and 1

head types are 5 6 7,

heart types are 2 3 4

Good responses. [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], I have difficulty explaining my reactions as well. I'm glad you clarified reaction vs decision. My decisions are easy to explain. My reactions are not because they happen so quickly.
Yeah, I'm the same. I wonder if it's type related. :huh: My instinct is to say no, but...

gromit

likes this
Sometimes it just feeeeeeeeeeeels right. What can you do?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I frequently rely on instinct. It feels right and I'll just pull the trigger. It's a habit I'm trying to break, though. :/

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I am not a gut type afterall. I guess I am just illogical.:dry:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The 3 "Gut" types are 8,9,1. Eights are expressive of their Gut center, Ones are inhibited in the expression of their Gut center, while Nines are repressed in the use of their Gut center.