• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] ESTP 5's

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Do you know any ESTP 5's?

How does their fear of inadequacy play out?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just like in any other 5. Your cognition only explains the reasoning process.

I

Infinite Bubble

Of course ESTPs can be 5s. Whilst there will undoubtedly be correlations between Enneagram and MBTI, that doesn't make any combination an impossibility. They work independently from each other, one focusing on motivations and fixations, the other on the individuals inner processes.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I think I found an example:

Peter Schiff. Doomsday economist.

Could be a 5w6

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course ESTPs can be 5s. Whilst there will undoubtedly be correlations between Enneagram and MBTI, that doesn't make any combination an impossibility. They work independently from each other, one focusing on motivations and fixations, the other on the individuals inner processes.

It's more likely a product of disintegration / integration or improper typing in either enneagram or MBTI that brings about these "rare" typings. At least, for me typing as 8,7 and 5 consistently and collectively but without ever really identifying wholly with an e type. (I was sure of my MBTI type). When researching in more depth I realized I was a CP6.

That's just my opinion as I believe there is more correlation between the two than differences. Add to the fact, there isn't as much in depth enneagram stuff on the web.