• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] INFJ 4s

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that type 4 and Fe can seem a bit iffy at first, but I think that the 4 takes on the Fe and makes me more personal for themselves. Like their sense of identifying with something is taken more to a worldly level and may be gotten from multiple people rather than from just one single thing or just from within themselves like an Fi user 4 would do.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that type 4 and Fe can seem a bit iffy at first, but I think that the 4 takes on the Fe and makes me more personal for themselves. Like their sense of identifying with something is taken more to a worldly level and may be gotten from multiple people rather than from just one single thing or just from within themselves like an Fi user 4 would do.

Yes, and forming said unique identity along with a group of people. I do this quite often.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I wrote a thread on this at another forum about a month ago saying that the supposed link between INFJ and Type 4 is overrated, mainly because of the Auxiliary function Fe. That's why I had such confusion over my type for so long.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I wonder how compatible it is for 4w5 and 9w1?

I searched everywhere online but couldn't find any information regarding to this...

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I wonder how compatible it is for 4w5 and 9w1?

I searched everywhere online but couldn't find any information regarding to this...
As someone in such a relationship (if my INFP is indeed a 9w1), I'd like to know too! :D

I've read somewhere that E4 girls tend to marry E9 guys, and there are 'more than chance' marriages along the integration lines, so I think 4w5 should be pretty compatible with 9w1 (right right?) :blush:

Noon

Bump because I haven't found any other thread yet.

If there're still any INFJs here who type as 4, mind telling me how you feel you differ from INFPs of the same type?

INFP input via the converse also welcome.

á´…eparted

passages
Bump because I haven't found any other thread yet.

If there're still any INFJs here who type as 4, mind telling me how you feel you differ from INFPs of the same type?

INFP input via the converse also welcome.
[MENTION=18383]orange[/MENTION]dAppled, I know it's not exactly your favorite thing to talk about, but he seems genuinely curious, and you can give the alternate prospective.

Noon

I might have to stick to reading Plath journals?

My main question is about how INFJ 4s might possibly be more head-oriented than the Fi dominant 4, since (or if) that's what the profiles typically focus on. I do well with most things written about the 4 except for that total comfort with - or should I say total immediate presence in? - their own emotions.

Noon

Cases like these are what I mean, though I'm pretty sure "K" is an INFP. She's also a trauma survivor (trampled by a horse, needing reconstructive surgery) which I assume is what makes her dissociative. It would look like inferior Se to someone who didn't know. I once mistyped her as an INFJ for that same reason.

Interviewer: The music here takes us through a journey to overcome feelings of isolation and vulnerability.

K: I'm actually quite intrigued by our music. I mean you go through this journey, you really fight with yourself, and you become completely suspicious of your limits and sensibility and then... you go through this long process of self-doubt and then you come out at the end, like... you have this kind of silly realization that everybody's gonna listen to this!

Interviewer: Publishing aspects of personal darkness is nothing new for any artist, but for this lead singer, getting it on paper is especially healing.

K: It's really a blessing, but it's... You have all these awful - or not awful, but - draining emotions inside, you know... When you can actually write a song from those things, you just in time kind of save yourself. By having a song.

Interviewer: She's admitted before a struggle to feel alive, and here, she's very open about eerie-sounding feelings of [psychological dissociation] ... She talks about her friends just as much and wishes on them the protection and comfort that she herself craves.

K: I have so many friends that I really like and really enjoy seeing, but you know, when you really appreciate people you can't really invade their space either, you know? We all [everyone in the world] go through moments of "I'm not made for this world," you know? And I think lots of my friends just cannot carry that aura of like... "just not made for this world." I like trying to kind of protect them, or help them feel protected, with my music or something.

Interviewer: It's moments [like these] that wreak havoc on all my preconceived notions of a tortured soul. Her lightheartedness is especially entertaining because of its contrast to her equally observant thoughts, and lyrics, about pain and confusion. It seems like the songs on this album require a certain amount of anguish or melancholy to perform accurately.

K: I think music, if it's successful, you don't have to be emotional in order to perform it because all of the emotions are already built into the notes and chords and the melody. So you can just sing them and all the emotions are there already - you don't have to work yourself up to it, you know?

So she is lighthearted, calls her emotions draining and uses her music to discharge or objectify them, craves "protection and comfort," and is an INFP. 4 or 9 then?

Noon

... Sorry to bump this thread again, but another thing I'm wondering about: supposedly the E4 feeling chronically misunderstood? To what extent does it qualify as [merely?] an ego-fixation if you actually are being misunderstood?

e.g. The difference between not being seen for your 'true self', or not having your 'true self' appreciated or related to, versus what is supposedly the phenomenon of Ni doms not often having their thought process readily understood?

Would the difference be the Ni dom 4 making that a central part of their self-concept while Ni doms of other types are pretty much 'meh' about it either way?

Feels derp to ask Qs to blank space but better there than unasked I guess.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not a 4 fix or core, rather a wing but some of my motivations are scarily 4ish. Having fe and 4 contradict each other gravely. It is possible in one person though, that person will just be conflicted. Enneagram + MBTI can work beautifully or else chaotically together to tell the full story of a person's prime motivations. I do know that many feelers are proficient in both fe and fi, it just depends on which one you prefer and then the other functions fall into place.

I am definitely fe over fi overall. I suppose the evident fe-ness is one of the many factors why I don't stick with a core 4. I mean, the core type I stick with isn't exactly "fe" but there is a certain self-awareness that I associate with 4. While I have a sense of associating things with identity and getting insecure and defensive when people criticize my identity, the former is not something that is accurate for me.