• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] E7s: How Confident Are You?

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
How confident are you?

Are you sure of yourself very often? What causes you to lose confidence and self-assurance?

If you are confident, is this something you had to build up to, or were you like this throughout your life?

Do you ever encounter a plan, project, or dream that you feel you want to do, but you're incapable? If so, why? What do you feel is lacking in you that would not enable you to do this, if anything?

When you lose confidence, how do you build it back up?

S

Society

I am very insecure. While its quite obvious god failed when he did not make himseld in my jmage, I seldom feel better then him to the extent that I realistically should.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I am very insecure. While its quite obvious god failed when he did not make himseld in my jmage, I seldom feel better then him to the extent that I realistically should.

:D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
overall, I'm pretty confident (maybe 85% confident; 15% insecure) however
- there are a few times where I don't trust myself and/or the decisions I've come to and, if I don't feel competent in something, I'd rather have someone else to it as often as possible
- insecurity is a like a small weak spot in my armor. over time, that whole has been shrinking, but I can get quite insecure if you strike it in the right place.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'm fairly self confident, I would say. Around 80th percentile. (However: self-confident people often gather in "environments" where other people are self-confident, too. So I'm nothing special compared to the standard environment I'm exposed to)

S

Society

I made the above comment to get the ball rolling because I was curious, buy i am not sure this is enneagram related at all - I have observed J types tend to be over confident about how well they understand any situation and P types over confident in their ability to adapt to any situation, and the overwhelming majority of E7s are Ps. Any feedback from a J e7 would be welcome.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm somewhat confident.. I get about 2 times the amount of comments that I'm confident to the comments I'm not. Last time of each occasion:
one foreigner chatted with me in a public sauna when we were both naked. We chatted a bit and he remarked that I was confident. I didn't have his sexual orientation so nothing further came of it =)
I confronted a friend of mine who I thought was about to steal an idea of mine. We came home fighting verbally, and there was this guy's wife. She thought the fight had manifested because of my lack of confidence.
Some tests tell me I'm about 70-80% confident.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've never really thought about measuring my own self-confidence. I guess you could say it depends on the situation. :shrug: I'm a person who loves to speculate so a lot of things I say are never 100% set in stone as I always welcome new thoughts and opinions in most situations. My friends often shoot down a lot of things I say (especially my ESTP friend, oh lawdy) but I never really am affected by it and just move on to something else. So you could say I'm pretty confident in my ability to speak freely and adapt to how the situation changes after what I say is received, but you could also say I'm not confident in what I'm actually saying. Although I like to think of it as just being open to other ideas. :whistling: So this could support what [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] is saying in his last post, as this is probably more of a P thing than a 7 thing.

Overall I'd say I have a healthy level of confidence!

S

Society

I whole heartedly acknowledge the irony of me stating most 7s are Ps in a post sandwiched between two ENTJ 7s...

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well, my enneagram type might (almost as well) be 8w7.. The results fluctuate to the point I sometimes forget which one I was supposed to be. But.. I felt like responding, so I was a 7 for that post :D

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I made the above comment to get the ball rolling because I was curious, buy i am not sure this is enneagram related at all - I have observed J types tend to be over confident about how well they understand any situation and P types over confident in their ability to adapt to any situation, and the overwhelming majority of E7s are Ps. Any feedback from a J e7 would be welcome.

I honestly have no clue. I'm not a terribly self aware person, but just going by my hunch I would say that I'm confindent in both :D

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
In my case, I'd say that to grow confidence, you should not care about being right or wrong. Epistemologically, we're always wrong!

The thrill of a good heated debate is all that matters. Asking good questions is all that matters.

Derogatory

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
It's so paradoxical. I'm almost all the time I'm confident and I always have what to say, how to act even if the situation turned out to be very unexpected and critical. But also at the same time I don't feel that stable and confident, because I know, that sometimes I don't enough efforts to make things better, although I could easily manage them. It's like never ending story: you think that you're not bad, maybe rather good, but yet - not good enough.
Maybe I enough confident because I know what I want, I set a goal and just step by step try to reach it.

PrettyWoman

MBTI Type
E..P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How confident are you?

Are you sure of yourself very often? What causes you to lose confidence and self-assurance?

If you are confident, is this something you had to build up to, or were you like this throughout your life?

Do you ever encounter a plan, project, or dream that you feel you want to do, but you're incapable? If so, why? What do you feel is lacking in you that would not enable you to do this, if anything?

When you lose confidence, how do you build it back up?

I'd say I'm fairly confident and not unsure of myself in general. Maybe it's just this optimistic predisposition :D I just assume things will work out and I'll be just fine and good enough whatever I decide to do.

I have not always been aware of this but I lose bits of my confidence when I'm doing something that does not come as easily as I thought it would... When I realize I'm really really not as naturally skilled as I thought I'd be. That's awful when it happens. I have little patience to practice and I don't like to face the fact that I'd need that practice. Usually I just come up with something else instead of dealing with that kind of negative stuff and getting better.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
So I've noticed one big difference between 6w7 and 7w6 confidence: 6w7's naturally don't have much confidence and have to go out and develop self-confidence. On the other hand, 7w6's naturally have confidence and things have to happen in life in order to lower their self-confidence. 6w7 confidence is like a glass that's empty and needs to be filled up, and 7w6 confidence is like a glass that is full and stays full unless water spills out.

Proffesor Crackpot

MBTI Type
~NTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Classic 748. (Raises hand in the air)