• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] Self-Doubt: What is it Like for You?

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Please specify your enneagram type, and also MBTI/JCF and tritype if you know it. =)

How do you experience self-doubt?

What causes it?

What do you feel inside? What do you do or show on the outside?

What is self-doubt to you?

What is "self" to you?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I don't know who I am and what I am. I cannot discern what it is that defines the boundary of my ego from the world around me, that sets me apart.

What causes it?
Anxiety of not knowing and fully understanding myself.

Internally I feel anxiety. I may feel a need to withdraw, to ponder, reflect. What am I? How does this match up with what I know? I don't think much is shown on the outside more than my behavior to withdraw.

Questioning yourself and what you know about yourself and the world.

What is "self" to you?
I need to come back to this when it's not 2:40 AM lol.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
NeFi 6w7 probably 629

For me, it mostly manifests in indecision over the path of action I want to take. I am fairly assured of my identity, but I have a hard time making choices and acting on them. I get frustrated by that struggle, and then begin to question my ability to be successful.

What causes it?

Struggling to choose between paths, how to know which path will get me to the place I want to be. How to choose between two things that seem value-equal and simply different. How to know which is right or better, or which one will bring me the most long-term happiness.

I feel like I need more information from the outside, and I try to put everything in my life on hold as much as possible so I can research. It seems like I lose my footing completely without answers.

A frustrating roadblock, but also an opportunity for learning.

What is "self" to you?

If only we knew, huh? :)

A nebulous collection of thoughts, ideas, feelings, emotions, actions, behaviors, body, spirit, mind, energy, and so on that comprise what I perceive to be "me".