• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] Threes Are Sexy!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I first started learning the Enneagram system of typology I was unbiased about the 9 types. Why would anybody hate on a type? But then I learned from the Enneagram Monthly that there are typologists who hate 3s. They hate them for being chameleon-like (phony, two-faced, whatever), "super-stars," people who represent the dreaded American Way of Life (according to the values of champagne liberals).

What I learned is that 3s were hated - by those who take a stand against stereotyping - for being living examples of stereotypes, simply because, in America, they were/are stereotypical Americans.

I DO NOT care about any of that. I love type 3s, especially the females, because they belong to the SEXIEST type. And the males are outstanding icons of what it means to be human in their particular culture - not just American, it depends on where 3s happen to live or what they happen to do.

I don't care if a particular type 3 is so, sx, or sp - Threes are SEXY. And that's all that matters to me.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The healthy ones are a source of inspiration for sure, both inside and outside the bedroom :wubbie:

R

Riva

I'm not a fan of E3s (except for Amargith's BF).

They sound as if they are beating their chests while asking you to blow them when they are talking about themselves.

However the E3s I've met (I'm sure are E3s) are all ENTJs. So I'm not sure whether it is the E3 that is asking to blow them or it is the ENTJ, while simply saying hello.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Eh, they usually bore me to tears tbh.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eh, they usually bore me to tears tbh.

DON'T RUIN THE MOOD. DON'T LIKE, DON'T SAY, DON'T REPLY.
[MENTION=36]Eve[/MENTION]ryone else: aww

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sexy, yes. Relationship material, usually not.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not a fan of E3s (except for Amargith's BF).

They sound as if they are beating their chests while asking you to blow them when they are talking about themselves.

However the E3s I've met (I'm sure are E3s) are all ENTJs. So I'm not sure whether it is the E3 that is asking to blow them or it is the ENTJ, while simply saying hello.

Nonetheless, E3s are SEXY.

G

garbage

People have a habit of comparing the unhealthy versions of one type to healthy versions of another. They also don't know or care that they're doing it.

e.g. "All 6s are scaredy-cats and conformists, because they're anxious as shit. All 5s, however, are wise and smart."

Moreover, some types are underrepresented in forums and thus it's much easier for them to get a bad rap in forum discussions. It's ridiculous no matter what the subject type is.
_____

Wait, wait.. what I meant to say was--"I'm paying attention to the OP and everyone else who complemented 3s in this thread, and not anyone else, because as a 3 I need that validation. Please acknowledge my existence and excellence, or I'm going to go off and cry about it."

W

WALMART

"All 6s are scaredy-cats and conformists, because they're anxious as shit. All 5s, however, are wise and smart."

Enneagram 101

I don't know how I feel about threes. Their motivations and fears seem to be everything in life I see as an aside to actually living, and I feel the same way about sixes (though to a lesser extent). Perhaps spurts of three-ness would be most ideal, to achieve that plateau, but now i'm just describing a nine.

Burger King

People have a habit of comparing the unhealthy versions of one type to healthy versions of another. They also don't know or care that they're doing it.

e.g. "All 6s are scaredy-cats and conformists, because they're anxious as shit. All 5s, however, are wise and smart."

Moreover, some types are underrepresented in forums and thus it's much easier for them to get a bad rap in forum discussions. It's ridiculous no matter what the subject type is.
_____

Wait, wait.. what I meant to say was--"I'm paying attention to the OP and everyone else who complemented 3s in this thread, and not anyone else, because as a 3 I need that validation. Please acknowledge my existence and excellence, or I'm going to go off and cry about it."

It's usually the 4/5 region that gets romanticized, which is funny seeing as it's supposed to be a harsh type with a strong dose of a-hole. Though I don't think it has to do with representation so much, but instead it's a misunderstanding people have about the types. For example, there's a lot more 3 core, 3 wing, and 3 fixers than you think. I think 3 cores are harder to tell, but the 3 wing and fixers are a bit easier. One way it comes out is in the ability to portray oneself favorably or a stubbornness of wanting to portray oneself a certain way. For 4s, even though it's a "I'm melancholic"/"woe is me" vibe, it still reeks of an attachment influence, that is there's a certain level of attractiveness (3) in the despair (4).

Their motivations and fears seem to be everything in life I see as an aside to actually living, and I feel the same way about sixes (though to a lesser extent).

The more fixated, the less present, regardless of e-type, though I'm surprised you see it this way, seeing as you type as a sleep walker core 9.

Overall, there's too much dumb in these forums. And I think I would know a thing or two about dumb. I give up.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
I don't really like to call 3's a "sexy" type. Mostly because that's generally what they want you to believe really, though they are also lying to themselves.

I can't say that I dislike any 3s that I would generally meet though. I look up to a few of them actually. I would like to be cradled by them actually.

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8
I have a love hate relationship with most of the 3s in my life. I'm not sure if it's because they're STJs and their Si just clashes with me sometimes, or if it's because of the image consciousness. Threes can be sexy, sometimes. And I think 3w2s are the best. 3w4s not so much. But whatever.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

So this is an EIE 3? Damn, what a smart and charming individual. Now please be my boyfriend kty.

Edit: for my contributions for this thread, I see 3w2s as overexcited puppies and 3w4s as cool cats. I like them both in their own ways :heart:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a 3w4 sp-sx at home. He can be really hot, especially when he gets all go-getter about something and that tenacious grin lights up his face. He does not display much of the 'I need adoration' much though, as his pride wont allow that (coz he is already awesome, so he tells himself :smile:), and I do like that in him. Sometimes he'll pout when Im not adoring him enough though, but he'll do it in a playful, non-expecting way, and granted, it means Ive not paid enough attention to him lately and he *has* done something amazing in the meantime so I don't mind obliging at all :heart:

I also love that when I tell him about a problem, he instantly goes into problem-solving mode and tailor it to my specific requirements *just* to make me happy (usually it is something non-essential to him so he couldnt care less -otherwise he'd ve fixed it before I mentioned it-) :wubbie:

He makes things seem so easy at times though, that it triggers my envy :D :doh:

Newbyagain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
When I first started learning the Enneagram system of typology I was unbiased about the 9 types. Why would anybody hate on a type? But then I learned from the Enneagram Monthly that there are typologists who hate 3s. They hate them for being chameleon-like (phony, two-faced, whatever), "super-stars," people who represent the dreaded American Way of Life (according to the values of champagne liberals).

What I learned is that 3s were hated - by those who take a stand against stereotyping - for being living examples of stereotypes, simply because, in America, they were/are stereotypical Americans.

I DO NOT care about any of that. I love type 3s, especially the females, because they belong to the SEXIEST type. And the males are outstanding icons of what it means to be human in their particular culture - not just American, it depends on where 3s happen to live or what they happen to do.

I don't care if a particular type 3 is so, sx, or sp - Threes are SEXY. And that's all that matters to me.

I would argue that 4 or 8 is the sexiest type, but that's just me. But in response to the other part, from a Four's perspective, Threes are an amazing type and one of my favorites; dating, friends, or co-workers. They really know how to lift you up and get you moving forward. I feel great when I am around them. I have believed for a while now, I think we have a lot of unhealthy people in our culture. It's rare when you find someone who has taken mostly good roads in life. I have known a few very mature Threes. They truly changed my life, just by being in their presence. A male Three I knew in particular is somebody that I often think of when I think of how I need to think about how people perceive me and my character, personally and professionally, and especially as a lady.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would argue that 4 or 8 is the sexiest type, but that's just me. But in response to the other part, from a Four's perspective, Threes are an amazing type and one of my favorites; dating, friends, or co-workers. They really know how to lift you up and get you moving forward. I feel great when I am around them. I have believed for a while now, I think we have a lot of unhealthy people in our culture. It's rare when you find someone who has taken mostly good roads in life. I have known a few very mature Threes. They truly changed my life, just by being in their presence. A male Three I knew in particular is somebody that I often think of when I think of how I need to think about how people perceive me and my character, personally and professionally, and especially as a lady.

Wow, that's awesome! I would love to shove your post right in the faces of those type 3-haters.

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not one of the Enneagram types is sexy. Every one of the Enneagram types is potential to become sexy.