• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] How would you react to being called "vengeful" by someone close to you?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd key their car.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1 fixer, and pretty offended, though I'm not going to lose my shit over it.

unicorncandy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been accused of things like that before. I at first get really upset because it doesn't seem to be in line with who I think I am. Then I take some time to process whether it is true or not, to basically analyze the situation. Once I've come to a conclusion, I can get back to the person about it and call them out on what parts of what they said to me where actually said out of anger and which parts were true. From there I take action in my life to becoming a more honest person, because I get into these places where I want to be perfect so badly that I ignore my "dark side" and suppress/deny it.

I admire the people that have the strength to call me out on shit, but I don't like it when it is said in a nasty way like "vengeful". Be a little bit gentle with me if you think I have a personal fault, because if I love you and you are close to me, I will analyze everything you say about me to see if it is the truth.

Lark

exactly. you wrong me, i fuck you over 100 fold amplified.

I do believe in proportionality, I also believe a lot of people who think they've been wronged are just unable to deal with the natural consequences of their actions deciding that they'll take it out on this or that individual who's been merely instrumental in the downfall which has been of their own devising.

So there's provisos, too many people running around versions of vengefulness, like little children, its not a wonder as a result that people think being vengeful is a bad thing.

tanstaafl28

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm having problems with the notion of an ENTP as a Type One. ENTPs HATE rules, Type Ones LOVE them.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=18813]Meda[/MENTION]: I never had luck with the tests -- ended up just reading through all the descriptions and deciding what sounded most like me. Had a lot more luck with the enneagram.net descriptions, than the ones on Eclectic Energies or Enneagram Institute.

If you get a good understanding of each of the types, and still don't know, you could always create a thread in the "What's My Type?" section of the Enneagram subforum. :)

I'm having problems with the notion of an ENTP as a Type One. ENTPs HATE rules, Type Ones LOVE them.
[MENTION=1449]Magic Poriferan[/MENTION], your input is needed!!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

[MENTION=1449]Magic Poriferan[/MENTION], your input is needed!!

Well, I'm merely an INTP. That beings said, the INTP type 1 combination also tends to raise eyebrows, and if INTPs are not seen as quite so outwardly rebellious they are still thought of as anti-authority. So what's the deal here?

It seems popular for people to associate type 1 with extroverted judgment, particularly Te. This itself is based on a common conception the source of which I do not know. People tend to think of type 1s as being loyal or even zealous to rules they have accepted from external authorities. They could, but where is it said that they have to? I have not seen a profile that ascribes this trait to type 1s. In other words, a type 1 could also stay close to rules devised in the introverted judgment fashion, that is from Ti and Fi.

And indeed, again if you look at the actual type 1 profile descriptions from any number of authors, you'll find that the broad picture is not so at odds with a Ti user. A type 1 is said to act invincible when they think are right, but to be extremely plodding and cautious before deciding a select few ideas actually are right. The type 1 is supposed to feel great confidence in their ideas, and great doubt in themselves.

Often type 1s are thought of as religious, too. I'm not, but I'm not contesting that idea right now. What I'm pointing out is that a great deal of major religious figures in history were dedicated to undermining the rule of the day. Luther and Calvin both seem like reasonable candidates for type 1. Gandhi has a fair shot, too. This is because they did their own analysis of the spiritual teachings they saw in the would, and through some kind of rationalization found what they believed to be truly the right position regardless of what anyone else said.

tanstaafl28

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
Well, I'm merely an INTP. That beings said, the INTP type 1 combination also tends to raise eyebrows, and if INTPs are not seen as quite so outwardly rebellious they are still thought of as anti-authority. So what's the deal here?

It seems popular for people to associate type 1 with extroverted judgment, particularly Te. This itself is based on a common conception the source of which I do not know. People tend to think of type 1s as being loyal or even zealous to rules they have accepted from external authorities. They could, but where is it said that they have to? I have not seen a profile that ascribes this trait to type 1s. In other words, a type 1 could also stay close to rules devised in the introverted judgment fashion, that is from Ti and Fi.

And indeed, again if you look at the actual type 1 profile descriptions from any number of authors, you'll find that the broad picture is not so at odds with a Ti user. A type 1 is said to act invincible when they think are right, but to be extremely plodding and cautious before deciding a select few ideas actually are right. The type 1 is supposed to feel great confidence in their ideas, and great doubt in themselves.

Often type 1s are thought of as religious, too. I'm not, but I'm not contesting that idea right now. What I'm pointing out is that a great deal of major religious figures in history were dedicated to undermining the rule of the day. Luther and Calvin both seem like reasonable candidates for type 1. Gandhi has a fair shot, too. This is because they did their own analysis of the spiritual teachings they saw in the would, and through some kind of rationalization found what they believed to be truly the right position regardless of what anyone else said.

Thanks for the explanation. As a ENTP 5w6 so/sx, I often feel a bit out of the "mainstream" myself. I like to go out and socialize with a tight group of like-minded friends, and then go off by myself and think over my experiences alone.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh i definately have issues with people viewing me as something i do not identify with. I can be quite affected too, and others will be slightly taken aback by this. I am working on that though because I realise that I am responsible for my own reactions and that I shouldn't rely others to bolster my beliefs about myself... inner conviction.

ENTP's being vengeful? highly possible. Maybe though, try to work out the impact it has/is having on you and why... work on that part. If the person is having a negative effect on you make changes, boundaries... some for you too, possibly.