• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] E9's and self awareness

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
So how is an E9 to gain self awareness?

As I have 9 in my blood, I find it difficult to understand my needs and emotions until after the fact. As an SLE (ESTp) with Fi polr and Si ignoring, I tend to not even realize I'm pissed off, cold, hungry, sick, until after I'm blowing my nose or seeing everyone around me make frowny faces. Any ideas? Is there some sort of trick to gaining self awareness as a 9? am I just supposed to practice introspection and whatnot and it'll eventually become more apparent to me?

Last edited:

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
Being an E9, my problem isn't that I'm not self-aware, it's that I am self-aware and choose to ignore stuff anyway.
One way to become more self-aware is to simply sit back and try to identify why you are the way you are, including specific events that made you that way.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Half of the things you mention are Sp-last issues.

Noticing anger and the likes is a matter of stopping and paying attention to the hows and whys of your reacting, frankly I don't get why an 8 wouldn't notice they're pissed off though.

sundancekid

MBTI Type
INFx
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. The best thing is exercise. I’ve realised that if I sit still for more than 30 minutes I start to “shut down”. Exercise also makes you more hungry/warm/cold/tired/energized and more in touch with your body.

2. When a emotion pops up, make a conscious mental note about it and ask yourself:
-How does this make me feel?
-How will this effect me further on?
It’s a real pain in the ass but eventually becomes more natural

3. Never let yourself think you’ve got this figure out and that you’ve fixed yourself. This is something that 9’s need to do on a regular basis.

4. Find a reason for doing this to keep yourself motivated.

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8
So how is an E9 to gain self awareness?

As I have 9 in my blood, I find it difficult to understand my needs and emotions until after the fact. As an SLE (ESTp) with Fi polr and Si ignoring, I tend to not even realize I'm pissed off, cold, hungry, sick, until after I'm blowing my noise or seeing everyone around me make frowny faces. Any ideas? Is there some sort of trick to gaining self awareness as a 9? am I just supposed to practice introspection and whatnot and it'll eventually become more apparent to me?

I think a lot of what you described sounds more relevant to being sp last and undervaluing Si and Fi in socionics. Also, self-awareness has more connotations towards knowing who you are rather than just what is wrong with you on a physical and emotional level.

I usually ignore my feelings or don't know what to do with them, and as for health problems I don't really pay much attention to that unless things get really bad and someone else happens to point it out for me. You might want to be in contact with a more integrated 9 to find this out though. As for me, it helps to talk things out with people and get feedback from time to time. Writing things down and going back and reading them also helps you recognize any problems you were having that you would not have picked up on in the frame of mind you were in at that point in time. [MENTION=5289]mcgooglian[/MENTION]'s recommendation was pretty spot on.

Daenera

Rogue heart
If it is as they say that 9s take on other people's feelings and thoughts (from enneagram other types) so they have trouble distinguishing their own perspective and their feelings what if there where only nines in one room, how to they know who feels what and who thinks what?:thinking:
Also I've read somewhere that the only type the nine is not like is the nine itself. :shock:
Maybe nines will be most themselves in that kind of situation, when there are no other types they can mold their behavior to fit their shape ??:unsure:
So I guess that would imply they should try to hang out with other 9s more often.
Such an intriguing type. It's kind of like they have a Jedi/Sith thing going on.
I think if they learn to recognize and control the potential they have(knowing how people feel and think and learning to distinguish their own thoughts and emotions) I can see two outcomes: if so be their purpose they can mindfuck people, anticipating their moves and play with them like pawns on a board, or they can become endowed with deep understanding of the secrets that the universe holds and they'll dedicate themselves to preserving the peace and balance in the universe. :tongue:
Yeah, this was very helpful and insightful I know. Gonna go away now, got to share other valuable insights with the rest of humanity, spread the light and stuff. :wizfreak:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Well, I certainly use my 9 powers to feel what others feel, and only recently have I realized these aren't my emotions. Music is my primary means of understanding someone. Once I do that I will actually start being them for a few days and people will make comments about my behavior and tell me I'm acting really strange.

I suppose Sp last could make sense. I can't find very much information on the instinctual variants though. Just a couple paragraphs here and there. So if anyone has a good source for information on the instinctual variants send it my way.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
I suppose Sp last could make sense. I can't find very much information on the instinctual variants though. Just a couple paragraphs here and there. So if anyone has a good source for information on the instinctual variants send it my way.

this is the best source that I've come across, and this is also pretty good.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=17424" target="_blank">decrescendo</a>

woah woah waoh.

Sx/So = God realm?

... ego... exploding...

what is this nonsense?

When I read through the different realms, it almost reminds me of my experience with people and their various choices in music.

I've met an Sp/Sx (Hell realm) who gave me this as one of his favorite songs:

While simultaneously one of my favorite songs is this Sx/So (God Realm):

I wonder if there's a corellation.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
oh my god, your member description. (or should I now replace "god" with DJ Arendee?)

I'm just in the human realm, which I'm pretty okay with. Although I kind of feel like a Hungry Ghost (sx/sp). :unsure: Sounds pitiful, sounds somewhat accurate.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
lol, yeah I'm in the god realm. *flexes* Makes sense, considering last week I just gathered 2 of the most well known parkour instructors in colorado and plan on starting a gym and eventually making oodles of cash.

I'm gonna start a post on this topic.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am a 9w1 core who puts a lot of emphasis on identity. People accusing me of lacking introspection stings on multiple levels, but I understand that the fact I push down the negative does distort my view on things. With the yucky stuff, I push it down, but the stuff I associate with me, my interests, traits that other people who I value see in me, my strengths, weaknesses I have admitted, everything that goes into that, if something that were a key part of me were put to the question, it would be a lot for me to swallow. I have the ability to step onside of a situation, see it from different perspectives, but there are certain cases where my perspective gets lost. I do question things though. Some of my motivations behind what I do what I do, why I tend to focus on certain aspects of certain things have gotten buried.

Maybe it's due to negative experiences in the past, but these issues need to be worked out. When forced to face problems headon, I'm completely unequipped to do so. Getting a second opinion from people who I trust and care about often helps. The people with a negative opinion sometimes shake my view on myself, but those who know me well and have a more balanced view on me are more helpful. Getting alone time to reflect on my actions, my thoughts can also help. It takes a while to process but it's a step.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I can be guilty of lacking self awareness and all that as I do tend to merge and pick up on other peoples energy but I do think my 9 is at times very self aware as it is inward looking and in a way I am dealing with anger and stuff inside which leads to a degree of internal analysis of myself.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It feels like I have lots of it and none of it at the same time. I'm a pretty introspective person and a lot of why I like typology is so I can learn about myself. But 9s merge, and I merge hard. Not to mention being triple attachment. I'll pick up on things like people's interests and catchphrases. I know what I like, and at the same time I'm like, "Yeah, I like just about everything"(which I do to a point). Ask me how I feel about something, I'll be ambivalent. Then when a situation arises, it hits me how I feel. It's hard to give myself a label since I'm so go with the flow, dabbling in a little of this, a little of that. But I guess I'm just well-rounded.