• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] E9s Being Too Cool to Post Any Threads about E9s

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I charm you and tell you
Of the boys I hate
All the girls I hate
All the words I hate
All the clothes I hate
How I'll never be anything I hate.
You smile, mention something that you like
How you'd have a happy life
If you did the things you like.

Well said, senza. Cryptic messages are critical for communicating seditious ideas in this time of great upheaval and insurrection.

I didn't mean it to be cryptic or seditious. I was listening to that song and the question of music was brought up and those lyrics, especially the last four lines seemed 9-ish to me so I thought I'd share.

I was also working myself up to a more constructive mood. To answer the question in the OP, one of the reasons I don't start threads about being enneagram 9 is because I'm usually more comfortable reaching out to specific individuals about whatever specific issues are on my mind. Inviting more widespread participation seems wasteful of my energies, which I like to conserve.

I don't think it actually IS more wasteful, just that it seems that way in my mind. Whereas I'm more comfortable talking to an individual on a one-to-one basis because it's easier for me to predict how that'll turn out and internalize what they say. It's a matter of having a more manageable amount of information to take in and reconcile with my me-ness.

Also, I guess I'm not looking to find things in common with others of my kind because I usually find it pretty easy to find things in common with people in general. :shrug:

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8
The 9's would give answers regarding themselves if they actually knew anything about themselves

Maybe if people would listen to me when I explain that there is a whole lot of nothing going on inside, and that all I am is numb, people would take a hint and not need any answers.

:dry: :newwink:

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Duly noted:
• A healthy preference for confronting specific issues with people with whom we are more intimately connected
• We are all dead on the inside

I'm likin' the variety here, guys. It's interesting to see reasons why there may be a general lack of E9 threads.

I think you're onto something about 9's being self-effacing as well. For me, I usually pause to think whether or not something I feel is universal before posting about it ... and more often than not, I end up believing that it's pretty commonplace, and if it's not special, it's not really worth fussing over.

And conversely, when it's something truly personal, there's no reason to believe that other people will identify with that experience, so why bother them with it?

Two other things: if it's something positive, I tend to downplay its importance, and if it's something negative, I'd rather it not be known or publicized at all, and just work privately on figuring out a solution instead.

I'm in a chatty mood tonight.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Two other things: if it's something positive, I tend to downplay its importance, and if it's something negative, I'd rather it not be known or publicized at all, and just work privately on figuring out a solution instead.

Yes, to all of the above! This sticks out to me the most, though. I'm pretty bad when it comes to describing really intense things on either side of the pendulum, and, more generally, anything that isn't neutral.

For me, if it's positive, I usually underplay it because the attention I think it usually draws makes me feel uncomfortable. If it's negative, I'm like, I don't like this, and want to get rid of it as quietly and as quickly as possible... which usually means not involving others.

Yet another reason: a mostly unconscious fear of that anything I share of my own accord will be rejected. On the other hand, just being receptive and open to other people is an almost foolproof way to get that hit of gratification from connecting.

That's probably sp-dominance at work though, I don't know.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Yet another reason: a mostly unconscious fear of that anything I share of my own accord will be rejected. On the other hand, just being receptive and open to other people is an almost foolproof way to get that hit of gratification from connecting.

I think it's natural to want to protect ourselves from rejection, just as people in general. What's interesting is the way in which we go about it. I guess in this case, it's by withholding thoughts and/or feelings, or seeking an outlet for connection through other, safer means.

W

WALMART

Us nines are simply too cool.

It's the easiest type to grasp, and being one flows like water into a cup.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They tend not to be very invested in their ideas - unlike your gut triad cousins 8s and 1s -, and also unlike the other withdrawn types - 4s and 5s.

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8

It might be the sp xD

I have that going for me as well, but outwardly it manifests more as me "not needing people" and being apathetic or indifferent towards them and numbing myself to everything to compensate for the lack of connection. It keeps me from getting the intimacy and connections that I really want, but it saves a lot of hurt later.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Let's start a fight. People like reading internet fights, right? I tried a little. I hope it's enough to rustle your jimmies, [MENTION=6021]Biaxident[/MENTION] . I desire to engage in a bout of fisticuffs.

Oh god, I love 9s :wubbie:

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I think you're onto something about 9's being self-effacing as well. For me, I usually pause to think whether or not something I feel is universal before posting about it ... and more often than not, I end up believing that it's pretty commonplace, and if it's not special, it's not really worth fussing over.

And conversely, when it's something truly personal, there's no reason to believe that other people will identify with that experience, so why bother them with it?

I'm in a chatty mood tonight.

You make me feel so narcissistic. :ohmy:

I just post because I want to learn, because I think something I write will give someone something to think about, because I'm feeling contentious, or because I feel like posting.

wolfy

awsm
There really isn't a lot to talk about. What was the question again?

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I tend to assume that any questions I may have have already been answered somewhere; it's just a matter of finding them. My fear of being annoying by bringing about an already-discussed-topic is probably the biggest deterrent (this extends to any thread I might like to create--not just 9-related ones). Also, with more personal things, it's hard for me to tell if they're worth sharing, or whether I'll then regret having shared it later.

Also, laziness. :D

I tend to assume that any questions I may have have already been answered somewhere; it's just a matter of finding them. My fear of being annoying by bringing about an already-discussed-topic is probably the biggest deterrent (this extends to any thread I might like to create--not just 9-related ones). Also, with more personal things, it's hard for me to tell if they're worth sharing, or whether I'll then regret having shared it later.

Also, laziness. :D

All of this as well.

You make me feel so narcissistic. :ohmy:

I just post because I want to learn, because I think something I write will give someone something to think about, because I'm feeling contentious, or because I feel like posting.

I didn't mean to do that! It's strange though; qualities I find acceptable or admirable in other people (such as all the things you described) I tend to repress in myself. Because will anyone really think about it, is it worth being contentious, and do I really feel like posting? ... Oh. Probably not. Meh, maybe if I feel like it later.

:alttongue:

When I do end up posting, I usually do so with as light a touch as possible so I don't feel too involved.