• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] E9s Being Too Cool to Post Any Threads about E9s

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Perhaps we should take lessons in self-importance? What is healthy level of interest/advertisement in/of the self seems like narcissism to a 9, at least in reference to his/herself. I know this is why I don't post on facebook all that often. People post pictures of their nails or what they had to eat. I can't do that. It can't possibly be interesting enough for other people - why should they have to care about these mundane facets of my life?

But maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way. Perhaps a little self-promotion is a good thing. Then again, I think there is a productive and unproductive way to go about it. See: "Look at my breakfast from this morning. Aren't you interested??" versus "Look at this awesome painting I created! I am happy with my talent and want to share it with others."

When I do end up posting, I usually do so with as light a touch as possible so I don't feel too involved.

Getting involved is rather scary. :ninja:

Perhaps we should take lessons in self-importance? What is healthy level of interest/advertisement in/of the self seems like narcissism to a 9, at least in reference to his/herself. I know this is why I don't post on facebook all that often. People post pictures of their nails or what they had to eat. I can't do that. It can't possibly be interesting enough for other people - why should they have to care about these mundane facets of my life?

But maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way. Perhaps a little self-promotion is a good thing. Then again, I think there is a productive and unproductive way to go about it. See: "Look at my breakfast from this morning. Aren't you interested??" versus "Look at this awesome painting I created! I am happy with my talent and want to share it with others."

Starting with your awesome painting that you created is the training wheels version. Ideally, we should all be working up to the "breakfast this morning" standard without feeling silly or self-conscious about it.

9's ... start post more pictures of stuff you cooked in the Whatcha eating? thread. :happy2:

Awesome paintings will also be reviewed.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm like a tree in the wind; just happy to be included.

gromit

likes this
Starting with your awesome painting that you created is the training wheels version. Ideally, we should all be working up to the "breakfast this morning" standard without feeling silly or self-conscious about it.

9's ... start post more pictures of stuff you cooked in the Whatcha eating? thread. :happy2:

Awesome paintings will also be reviewed.

Actually, posting a painting is more scary to me, as it's something I've actually invested in. But breakfast is mostly just delicious.

Actually, posting a painting is more scary to me, as it's something I've actually invested in. But breakfast is mostly just delicious.

That's a really excellent point. Yeah, I guess maybe it's a matter of sharing whatever we're most diffident about instead of brushing it off or assuming that it won't be interesting or worthwhile to others.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Suppose it would be different for each individual. Perhaps those able to answer questions on their own need not ask them of others.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm like a tree in the wind; just happy to be included.

I give it an 8 - points for accuracy, but you lose credit for the cliche. :tongue:

Suppose it would be different for each individual. Perhaps those able to answer questions on their own need not ask them of others.

Yuh, good point. On another note... ANOTHER INTP NINE! I know it shouldn't matter, and it doesn't, but it's still kinda cool. POST MORE AND LET'S BECOME FRIENDS. :happy2:

gromit

likes this
Here's a good quote I saw today, for e9s. Perhaps a bit cutesy, but true!

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
-Dr. Seuss

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This thread's existence reinforces my point of view that 9s are and forever will be UFOs (because 5s aren't).

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I personally think 9s are just too lazy to start more threads about 9s, though.

Oh hush you!

Okay, half that, the other half is I don't find the Enneagram info here especially in-depth so far, it's getting better though.

The 9's would give answers regarding themselves if they actually knew anything about themselves

I hope that was sarcasm :rolleyes:

There really isn't a lot to talk about. What was the question again?

You have it all covered!

This thread's existence reinforces my point of view that 9s are and forever will be UFOs (because 5s aren't).

How so?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:hexer::hexer::hexer::hexer::hexer::hexer::hexer::hexer:

You do mean Unidentified Flying Objects, right? Cause that sounds like too much effort.

If you prefer being a saucer I got no objections.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Well said, senza. Cryptic messages are critical for communicating seditious ideas in this time of great upheaval and insurrection.

:D

One thread I did think about starting was about whether other 9s struggle to project a mature, autonomous persona. I consider myself both of those things, but I'm often treated like a child. (It doesn't help that I look like I'm 13.) People who don't know me well constantly confuse my gentleness with shyness and naivety & act like they need to protect me from the world or nurture my self-esteem. :thelook: Do any of you relate?

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8
Oh hush you!

Okay, half that, the other half is I don't find the Enneagram info here especially in-depth so far, it's getting better though.

Don't tell me what to do. :ranting: :heart:

I would have to agree with that statement, though.

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8

There is a logical fallacy for this I swear. :/
I just don't know what it's called, and can't be arsed to look for it at this time.

Because you just are.

You know how I get when you don't give legit reasons. :mad:
Lea you're an alien so hush. :newwink:

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is a logical fallacy for this I swear. :/
I just don't know what it's called, and can't be arsed to look for it at this time.
Ad hominem? Red herring? Hasty generalization? Take your pick. I can probably come up with others. Otherwise there's this cool site with a list to choose from.
You know how I get when you don't give legit reasons. :mad:

I do. It provides with great delight.
Lea you're an alien so hush. :newwink:
Yes, I am not denying it. It means I can use you to fly around?