• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] High Norepinepherine in E5s

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/articles/NArtTina.asp#.UT_d1xxQHFl

^Goes more in depth here. It's a theory, but could very well be on to something and should be considered. But type 5 resonates well with me, and according to the theory, I have high norepinepherine levels (which equates to, from what I know, focused thinking and comprehension skills/cerebral focused?) yet my concentration/comprehension skills suck unless I'm interested in something. I wonder if depression affects high norepinepherine levels, or high norepinepherine levels increase the chances of depression? I've been depressed lately (mainly due to personal issues) but I've read that there is a link between norepinepherine and depression disorders.

Any other E5s (or E6s and 7s) get depressed, and have trouble with comprehension and concentration when depressed? I would assume one with higher norepinepherine levels would retreat to their comfort zone when sad, which would be some sort of intellectual pursuit? Hmm.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, I get depressed sometimes and when I do, it's more difficult to concentrate and fully comprehend things. I don't think its very type related. I don't think anyone who's depressed is going to be at their best.

I also concentrate and comprehend better when I'm interested in something, but aren't most people like that?

tanstaafl28

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so

^Goes more in depth here. It's a theory, but could very well be on to something and should be considered. But type 5 resonates well with me, and according to the theory, I have high norepinepherine levels (which equates to, from what I know, focused thinking and comprehension skills/cerebral focused?) yet my concentration/comprehension skills suck unless I'm interested in something. I wonder if depression affects high norepinepherine levels, or high norepinepherine levels increase the chances of depression? I've been depressed lately (mainly due to personal issues) but I've read that there is a link between norepinepherine and depression disorders.

Any other E5s (or E6s and 7s) get depressed, and have trouble with comprehension and concentration when depressed? I would assume one with higher norepinepherine levels would retreat to their comfort zone when sad, which would be some sort of intellectual pursuit? Hmm.

Well, you could be like me. I am a so/sp 5w6, ENTP with ADHD and depression. Have you ever been evaluated?

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
Well, you could be like me. I am a so/sp 5w6, ENTP with ADHD and depression. Have you ever been evaluated?

Evaluated for what? I was dXed with ADHD when I was 4, and I think I got a depression dX about a year ago.

I've took Adderall, Stratterra, Abilify, Keppera, Prozac, and a couple of others all at one time or another. The only ones that helped me at least a little were Adderall and Abilify.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
That's not surprising. Based on what's written here, I would guess that high norepinepherine increases a person's chances for experiencing depression. ("High anxiety, restless mind, high-strung, over-stimulated.") Maybe it's not that your norepinephrine levels are decreasing, but that emotional disturbances have redirected the majority of this neurotransmitter to a couple areas (some useful, some neuroses), creating an unhealthy balance. Which would explain why you're able to focus on certain topics and not on others. I mean, I know nothing about neuropsychology, but that seems to make sense.

The above table could explain why certain psychoactive medications such as Prozac (a SSRI, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) work on some people, cause unwanted side effects on others, and have no effect on others. We are currently studying whether certain medications, and even foods and activities can be helpful based on the above types and their neurochemistry.
Wow. That would be a huge deal if significant correlations were found.

(In response to what SuchIrony said, it could be that, during depression, symptoms of high norepinepherine would be worst for those of the Head triad.)

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I get stressed out, yes, most definitely. I haven't been depressed in some time so I can't really cite anything useful based on experience.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

@bold- you mean you've actually had your blood/urine tested for catecholamine levels? :huh:

No idea what my levels are- but I do know when I'm feeling extremely stressed/feeling depressed, I'll still hoard data, but it's less focused & often lacks practical use in the immediate moment.. so it serves as an escape/waste of time, in the end.

Permabanned

Haven't been diagnosed with ADHD, depression or anything, but I can relate to the topic biased focus/stress/anxiety and also procrastination with dozens of browser tabs about random stuff e.g. wikipedia tabs on fusion power etc.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, I just assumed I did, being a type 5.

correlation.png

tanstaafl28

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
Evaluated for what? I was dXed with ADHD when I was 4, and I think I got a depression dX about a year ago.

I've took Adderall, Stratterra, Abilify, Keppera, Prozac, and a couple of others all at one time or another. The only ones that helped me at least a little were Adderall and Abilify.

ADHD and Depression. That's why I asked. It sounded very familiar to me.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
High Testosterone in E8s.

Just sayin.

:blush:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
No idea what my levels are- but I do know when I'm feeling extremely stressed/feeling depressed, I'll still hoard data,
Data=Cats. 97 of them.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Wow, that fits me perfectly.