• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Female 8s: To what Degree do you Feel Male?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I don't fantasize myself as being male at all. (Although I do think it would be cool to stand and pee once. Just once though.)

I don't really have any issues, myself, with being female.. the issues stem from societal parameters that favor men. When I was younger, I translated that into "Damnit, if I was a man I could play football.." but as I've grown older, I realize that people don't care what should be, only what is. So I work around it now. It could have easily blossomed into resentment, but it turns out that I related more to men than I did women growing up, so since most of my friends were male at the time that resentment never really blossomed. Glad thing it didn't either, it looks ugly on people. Society is lazy and stunted in the intellectual field, not men.

I do remember thinking of myself as superheroes as a kid, but I would always be the female version of it. I would be Iron Man, Samus-style. I would be Batman, only I'm a female.. but all of the personality quirks and such would be there. I'm fairly sure I was even asexual most of the time--I didn't ever assign a gender to the position.. I just made very little differentiation between the two genders, and I still find them to be very closely linked.

I don't get offended when people have mistaken me for male before in the past.. there's nothing offensive about that. But I don't really want to be one at all, I am fine with who I am and I always have been. My problems seem more to stem from other people assuming I want to be male because I do x or think like 'a man' to them. People have a hard time believing there are people very sure of themselves and what they want.. so when I say I have a slightly violent side to me since I have no qualms fighting for those I want to protect, they assume I think like a man because of that. To me, this is a human instinct, not a male instinct, although it is certainly predominately displayed in men since society sort of nurtures it all to be that way.

A mistake I made when I was younger was dressing like a man to be treated like one. It worked. In high school and throughout some of college. Then it stopped working. As guys got older, they either didn't care all what I wore or they still knew I was a girl beneath those clothes.. so guys who wanted to flirt were going to do it no matter what I wanted them to do. I cannot control their actions. So, it has only been recent in my life where I have been developing my own 'style' of clothing, since I used to tailor that to meet my needs via what others thought of what I wore. It's been a pretty fun experience to create a style of my own.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Thank you for posting! This is a great post.

I don't fantasize myself as being male at all. (Although I do think it would be cool to stand and pee once. Just once though.)
*smirk*

I don't really have any issues, myself, with being female.. the issues stem from societal parameters that favor men. When I was younger, I translated that into "Damnit, if I was a man I could play football.." but as I've grown older, I realize that people don't care what should be, only what is. So I work around it now. It could have easily blossomed into resentment, but it turns out that I related more to men than I did women growing up, so since most of my friends were male at the time that resentment never really blossomed. Glad thing it didn't either, it looks ugly on people. Society is lazy and stunted in the intellectual field, not men.
I've never resented men either. I'm also lucky that my parents raised me as a human rather than a man or a woman. I could wear what I want, play in the mud if I want, have toy guns rather than barbies, and I was never told it wasn't feminine.

However, as an intellectual exercise, I have wondered if I feel more male than female. My parents are both psychiatrists and we have a lot of table-talk about subjects like this; like which aspects of the male or female mind are really male or female, or which are just social "norms."

I do remember thinking of myself as superheroes as a kid, but I would always be the female version of it. I would be Iron Man, Samus-style. I would be Batman, only I'm a female.. but all of the personality quirks and such would be there. I'm fairly sure I was even asexual most of the time--I didn't ever assign a gender to the position.. I just made very little differentiation between the two genders, and I still find them to be very closely linked.
I relate to this a lot. In fact, I wrote my first sci-fi novel with a female heroine when I was in middle school - the writing was so bad, but the plot was pretty action oriented and intense.. and I remember thinking, "how come the action heroes are always male? I'm going to change that..."

I don't get offended when people have mistaken me for male before in the past.. there's nothing offensive about that. But I don't really want to be one at all, I am fine with who I am and I always have been. My problems seem more to stem from other people assuming I want to be male because I do x or think like 'a man' to them. People have a hard time believing there are people very sure of themselves and what they want.. so when I say I have a slightly violent side to me since I have no qualms fighting for those I want to protect, they assume I think like a man because of that. To me, this is a human instinct, not a male instinct, although it is certainly predominately displayed in men since society sort of nurtures it all to be that way.
You could say that again...

I would say there's a very 'nurturing' aspect to the type 8 stereotype.. obviously there's that line to 2.. but the idea of fighting to protect something is very tigress/huntress/feminine, if you think about what it really is.

I don't know what Sarah Connor's enneagram type would be (in Terminator 2) but is that not a bad-ass, strong woman who is fighting to protect her young? There's nothing unfeminine about that.

A mistake I made when I was younger was dressing like a man to be treated like one. It worked. In high school and throughout some of college. Then it stopped working. As guys got older, they either didn't care all what I wore or they still knew I was a girl beneath those clothes.. so guys who wanted to flirt were going to do it no matter what I wanted them to do. I cannot control their actions. So, it has only been recent in my life where I have been developing my own 'style' of clothing, since I used to tailor that to meet my needs via what others thought of what I wore. It's been a pretty fun experience to create a style of my own.

Ha.. I have my own style too. When I say I'm more comfortable in male -ish clothes, what I mean is - I love leather jackets and tight rockstar jeans. But, I don't have a curvy figure with big boobs and big ass and tiny waist. My figure is pretty straight, with slight curves. I look hot and sexy in my dad's clothes, and he was a rockstar in the 60's so.. that style may have rubbed off, since I am shaped very similarly to him, overall. However, I really relate to what you wrote here - I don't shop for male or female clothes; just for what looks and feels good on ME. Some people would say it's unfeminine but I just don't have the figure for most dresses, and even if I did, I'd wear what I want, when I want.

And while I'm not ridiculously flashy, I do like some flare; my own flare. I'll leave the house in pajamas if I feel like it; or go out in public in my gym clothes if it's convenient. I also rarely wear makeup unless I'm on stage. But if I am going to dress nice (outside of stage clothes), the rockstarish leather look really turns me on.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

To answer your unspoken question : guy peeing is like being awesome 1000 times a year. It's grand.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
To answer your unspoken question : guy peeing is like being awesome 1000 times a year. It's grand.

:laugh: You know, it was actually only recently when I adopted this 'you know, it would be cool once...' thing. I was reading Game of Thrones, and Tyrion (SPOILERS) talks about wanting to piss on the edge of the world, and makes a horridly long trip to the frozen north JUST so he can pee off the side of The Wall 700 ft in the air... and he made it sound so grand and worth the trip.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
:laugh: You know, it was actually only recently when I adopted this 'you know, it would be cool once...' thing. I was reading Game of Thrones, and Tyrion (SPOILERS) talks about wanting to piss on the edge of the world, and makes a horridly long trip to the frozen noth JUST so he can pee off the side of The Wall 700 ft in the air... and he made it sound so grand and worth the trip.
Forget fast cars and unicorns. Peeing is the name of the game

Vergil

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=17911]Maybe[/MENTION]

download.jpg

This would be the ideal me while still being female. I wouldn't mind being less endowed.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
[MENTION=17911]Maybe[/MENTION]

View attachment 9067

This would be the ideal me while still being female. I wouldn't mind being less endowed.

Hot ^^

This is how I feel much of the time:

02_milla_jovovich.jpg

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Forget fast cars and unicorns. Peeing is the name of the game

Haha, I can sometimes ask my male friends if they want to pee criss-cross together with me XD

In general, I tend to identify with the males I wear as avatars. Funnily enough, I guess most would find them in terms of masculinity effeminate. Like my current avatar is of Hei from Darker Than Black:

2876076-Darker_than_Black__s_Hei_by_nv3.jpg

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I already answered once but I can do so again:

I am curious, to what degree do 8 females feel male?
50/50. I feel more like inbetween gender than being clearly defined. Should clarify as I've been thinking more about this: there are times when I feel clearly like a man, not just masculine, but manly, like I see myself through the eyes of a man. I'm pretty much in this period now. I don't experience my body as female, I see the persona I project as a man with a phallus. I see myself as being aggressive, combative, competitive, action-oriented, domineering and push among other things. It's most of all a mental image though.

Do you imagine yourself as a man in the work place?
No.

Do you dream of having a literal phallus?
As in finding it desirable? No. I can dream about being a man though, but I think for me it's more metaphorical usually, in the sense of action/penetration logic than passivity/reception. See the answer to the first question also.

Do you fantasize about being a male super-hero, or identify with male role models tremendously?
Yes, usually more than I do female. I think this has more to do with the actions though. Male heroes behave in a way female heroes don't tend to which I find overall less attractive and have a harder time identifying with. I mean, compare say, I don't know, Ariel to Hei? Sorry, bad comparison probably. I can't think of a good female hero at this point in time in a story for grown-ups that's not pushed towards a more masculine role. Anyway, regardless, there tend to be specific behaviors and attitudes I still don't share with those characters. I like stoically silent but emotionally volatile and vulnerable men the most in fiction. I relate very strongly to them and I think they represent my animus. They're me in so many ways the female counter-part would not be. Again, Hei is a perfect example. I relate so much to him.

Are your friends predominantly male?
After re-evaluating how I view friendships, I guess in a way, yes I do, part because I have a tendency to participate in male-dominated activities like playing video games. Also, I kick the guys' asses. Hater's gonna hate. I don't give two fucks about our gender when we play. In play it's all fair game as long as it's not against the rules and I'll prove that I'm the better one. Don't hold my gender against me and do definitely not underestimate me based on my gender. I've been involved in male clique groups where people perform at a very high level in video gaming (e.g. hardcore raiding in WoW) and I can outperform these men on good days. I'm logical, analyical, cut and dry and I'm not going to sit on my ass and expect someone to save me. I'm the one who saves you. The idea of saving a guy kind of turns me on. I think that's part why I have such a strong attraction towards 4 or 5w4 men and INFP men. I want to emotionally protect them.

How does the phallic-narcissistic mindset manifest in you?
Mostly in the forms to dominate and conquer and to a degree control. Competitiveness, to prove that I'm the alpha "male". Also, see the above.

Last edited:

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Since I haven't actually done this yet:

I feel carnal, and my body feels "right" to me, but I have always had male alter-egos as well as female. (I'm a multi-media artist, so the alter-egos are not something I apply to real life, but rather, personal expression.) When I read descriptions of male and female thinking, I often relate to aspects of both. On online tests, I tend to score much higher as a male. When I encountered the idea of transgenderism - when I was about 18 - I read about it, curious about the process. The moment I learned that I'd have a small package if I were to go through the operations to become male, the idea was thrown out the window. It's too important to me that I can dominate. As a female I do just fine. Plus, I don't suffer "body dysphoria." It's just that some of my social habits are more stereotypically male. Stereotypical - however - is different from something that actually makes a person male. I'm realizing lately that I'm a woman through and through, but more of a huntress than some women.

No, but I love dressing in drag and imitating male guitar players like Slash. My body is pretty androgynous and I get a rush out of pulling this off. But it's more of a fun rush than something I think about regularly.

I'm mostly into men irl, but in my dream life, I sometimes have a phallus and give it to women.

Do you fantasize about being a male super-hero, or identify with male role models tremendously?
In my dreams I have the ability to fly, and outside of the sexual scenario I mentioned above, I am usually female in my dreams. My fantasy/sci-fi novels have strong male characters, but the protagonists are *always* female. Some characters of each gender are more heroic than others. In my current novel I identify most closely with a male character, but in some of my others, the female protagonist has been very similar to me, or some super-heroine version of myself.

I don't look for role models, and I function independently. But I can think of two occasions in which I was deeply inspired by someone's work, and those cases are Trent Reznor and a local male musician that I know. My father was a famous rockstar, and he's a lot like me genetically, so he probably served as more of a role model than my mother, even though I trust her and admire and respect her. She's just so different from me, as a character, that I may have picked up more habits from my dad without realizing it. (For context, my father is an ENTP 7w8, and my mother is an INFJ, and probably a 9 or 6.)

They were through most of my teens and early 20s, but in my late 20s I started connecting more deeply with a higher percentage of females.

I always feel a drive to push forward. My goals can feel myopic. Once I get going on a project, I can feel as though my whole mindset is sort of a "phallus" because I have this very direct aim at something I want, and I can't possibly do it enough - I enjoy every aspect of trying to achieve a goal, and the chase is just as fun as the reward.

rav3n

No

No

No

No

No

I've been accused of having steel balls.

tanstaafl28

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
My 8 wife envies some male traits: being consistently warm, being able to scratch one's balls in public, and having greater strength; but I think she's pretty happy in her femininity. She loves her shoes and purses.

rav3n

but I think she's pretty happy in her femininity. She loves her shoes and purses.
While I'm not your wife, this is how I feel. Glad to be a woman, happy to love my shoes and purses, happy to look somewhat high maintenance. ;)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
While I'm not your wife, this is how I feel. Glad to be a woman, happy to love my shoes and purses, happy to look somewhat high maintenance. ;)

Yes. I got a box from Coach today and I was like woooohoooo! On the inside of course but I love shoes and purses and makeup, getting my hair done...etc. Basically looking polished and together.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
My 8 wife envies some male traits: being consistently warm, being able to scratch one's balls in public, and having greater strength; but I think she's pretty happy in her femininity. She loves her shoes and purses.

Yes. I got a box from Coach today and I was like woooohoooo! On the inside of course but I love shoes and purses and makeup, getting my hair done...etc. Basically looking polished and together.

I spend my money on music equipment and recording gear. I love my stage costumes, but I can't say out of that context, I'm high maintenance at all. My favorite costume for a music video or photo-shoot is a white dress which slowly gets messed up as I play in the mud. ;)

However, I'm high maintenance in the "eating extremely well" and keeping up with exercise sense. I also take tons of vitamins for my hair and I use natural shampoo & conditioner so that my hair will be better maintained. However, I like having the kind of wild rockstar hair that doesn't need to be tamed. I also like keeping up the kind of smooth skin & face that doesn't need makeup, but when I do wear makeup, it's bold.

I guess that's more "natural female look" than manly, overall, though. =p

Scheherezade

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I am curious, to what degree do 8 females feel male? - i don t think you cand be an 8 and not feel half male at least
Do you imagine yourself as a man in the work place? - no
Do you dream of having a literal phallus? - yes, but while still being a woman
Do you fantasize about being a male super-hero, or identify with male role models tremendously? -no
Are your friends predominantly male? -no
How does the phallic-narcissistic mindset manifest in you? - in terms of determination and dominance, also competing in male reserved areas of sports

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Naranjo poses Type 8 as the "Phallic-Narcissistic" personality.

Do you imagine yourself as a man in the work place? Do you dream of having a literal phallus? Do you fantasize about being a male super-hero, or identify with male role models tremendously? Are your friends predominantly male?

8s, 8 fixers, and all other types welcome for contrast. Men are welcome, too, if you have comments on the topic. It would be interesting to know your tritype and instinctual variants.

don't feel like a dude.
struggle with my own idea of
femininity and masculinity and
how it manifest in me though.

must admit i attribute them with
such black and white definitions.
no gray area.

but it does take an external force,
a lover, for me to make sense,
and be comfortable with my
femininity.

i always feel more masculine, when
i'm around men. because i think
i'm stronger than most people i
know. i'm convinced that i have
this xray vision that shows me
exactly how to reach in and crumple
them up like a little can.

but then there's that rare person,
that transports me into this other
realm, where crumple-matic-vision
wear doesn't even exist. and i'm
just like. chiffon. even if momentarily.
and that's very, very nice.

what were the other questions?
never wanted to be a boy.
have some guy friends, but
i think it's about equal parts
girls and boys. maybe more
guy friends when i was younger
as i was sick of my girl friends.