• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Female 8s: To what Degree do you Feel Male?

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Naranjo poses Type 8 as the "Phallic-Narcissistic" personality.

I am curious, to what degree do 8 females feel male?

Do you imagine yourself as a man in the work place? Do you dream of having a literal phallus? Do you fantasize about being a male super-hero, or identify with male role models tremendously? Are your friends predominantly male?

How does the phallic-narcissistic mindset manifest in you?

8s, 8 fixers, and all other types welcome for contrast. Men are welcome, too, if you have comments on the topic. It would be interesting to know your tritype and instinctual variants.

Vergil

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1w9-er, here.

Do you imagine yourself as a man in the work place? Do you dream of having a literal phallus? Do you fantasize about being a male super-hero, or identify with male role models tremendously? Are your friends predominantly male?

1) Not as a man, but "masculine".
2) Nope. I would much rather be asexual and have nothing to with genitalia.
3) Masculine superhero. Male role models.
4) Yes.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being masculine is not the same as being male. A woman who is a 23 on the international masculine scale is no more male than a woman who is a 7.

To some significant extent, the umbilical cord between the male and the masculine has been cut.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was a tomboy growing up, but have more or less moved past that.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Do YOU feel male?

I feel very female, and very carnal, and very alive in my own body.

But through a lot of my life, my close friends were predominantly male. I am mostly into men; but in my dreams, sometimes I have a literal phallus and give it to women. I feel comfortable in flashy male-ish clothes (like leather jackets, tight rockstar jeans); but very few feminine clothes (like dresses) feel as comfortable and sexy. I think of myself as "balls out." I love swords and knives and wrestling in the mud. When I decide I want someone, I have no desire to play coy or beat around the bush. Like male characters in movies, I can be myopic with my desire and passion, and too focused on chasing that goal to play games. I'm strategic, but I CHASE, and have no shame. (Phallic personality?). However, I am picky, which most women relate to.

For a great portion of my life, I thought many of these habits were sort of "male" or "masculine," but I've come to realize that I'm actually extremely feminine, like a tigress; a huntress. Deep down, most people have a wild, caged animal buried inside; I just had no problem letting it out all my life. Some women spend a lot more time being tame, or having shame - but I have come to believe that this does not make me more of a "man" or less of a "woman" than they. Social shaming and taming has nothing to do with gender, really. But I do think the "phallic-narcissistic woman" is an accurate portrayal of my gender, whereas simply saying "woman" never quite fit my personality, from a social perspective.

Last edited:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Do you imagine yourself as a man in the work place? No

Do you dream of having a literal phallus? No

Do you fantasize about being a male super-hero, or identify with male role models tremendously? No, I don't fantasize about being any superhero.

Are your friends predominantly male? No

I've always thought I was just me - not male or female from a personality standpoint. Kind of a mixture of both. I don't care for flash and I don't like attention to a large degree. I don't really chase either. I will peruse, relentlessly, if it is something I want but I see chasing a negative. I won't chase after something that's not interested me and I don't set out to change a persons mind either. I don't need a word or name for myself. Maybe that comes with age and maturity but...I just don't care enough to map it out for people.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I don't really chase either. I will peruse, relentlessly, if it is something I want but I see chasing a negative.
What is the difference between chasing and pursuing?

I won't chase after something that's not interested me and I don't set out to change a persons mind either.
I agree with this - nobody has ever been able to reject me twice. Also, when I say "chase," it doesn't mean I beg. What I mean is that I'm myopic; I focus a lot of energy on what I want. But I have no *interest* in winning over someone who doesn't want me - that's demeaning, and invasive to them.

So my question to you is: outside the context of chasing a "person" - would you chase any sort of goal? A career goal perhaps? Or winning a race?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
What is the difference between chasing and pursuing?

I agree with this - nobody has ever been able to reject me twice. Also, when I say "chase," it doesn't mean I beg. What I mean is that I'm myopic; I focus a lot of energy on what I want. But I have no *interest* in winning over someone who doesn't want me - that's demeaning, and invasive to them.

So my question to you is: outside the context of chasing a "person" - would you chase any sort of goal? A career goal perhaps? Or winning a race?

I do. I have. A masters degree, a career, raising a family. Anything I want to achieve, I will. Isn't that drive a great thing about 8's?

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I do. I have. A masters degree, a career, raising a family. Anything I want to achieve, I will. Isn't that drive a great thing about 8's?

Presumably, yes. That is why I was asking what you mean when you say you don't "chase."

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Presumably, yes. That is why I was asking what you mean when you say you don't "chase."

It's more that I don't chase people. I see pursuing as something I do to reach a goal. If I have to chase a person, they aren't a goal. They are a conquest and I'm not interested in conquests, although I was at one time in my life.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

It's more that I don't chase people. I see pursuing as something I do to reach a goal. If I have to chase a person, they aren't a goal. They are a conquest and I'm not interested in conquests, although I was at one time in my life.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram

That makes sense. Would you say you outgrew your lust? If so, did you take an active role in calming it, or did it just sort of.. 'run out' with more maturity?

I have never "thrown myself at a man." However, I will admit that I am quite capable of openly appreciating the "conquest" aspect of a romantic interest. It's *sexy.* But I can sniff out mutuality, and my goals are still quite practical and based on something "real." Someone doesn't mean enough to me to become worth chasing/ pursuing until we're friends.

I've never been sexually interested in someone who wasn't a friend. But when I was less healthy, I let male friends come to me, and then I crushed their hearts because I would get physical, but was not interested in settling down. I'd lay out my terms pragmatically: I want X, but not Y. Then, they would beg for Y and I'd say, "This is your problem, not mine." Not something I'm proud of, but that's how it went down when I was unhealthy.

This is another reason I felt a little bit "male" when I was less healthy. But looking back, I think it's a stereotype. Men can have deep feelings and attachments, and women can be lusty and too immature to settle down.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...if i were an êêêèigh i would feeel offéééénded by this quêéstióóóóón......!

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
because i don't think it's fair that things like drive, self-confidence, assertiveness, etc should be associated with being male. women should feel as free as possible to be "people" and reach as far as they want without feeling or being thought of as losing their identity as women. this implies not categorizing personality attributes as male. the same would be asking a Male 2 is they feel female? sounds stereotyping :/ i'd love that both women and men had more space to "breathe" and feel free without these stupid, limiting stereotypes.
you know? both sexes should be seen as multidimensional.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
That makes sense. Would you say you outgrew your lust? If so, did you take an active role in calming it, or did it just sort of.. 'run out' with more maturity?

I have never "thrown myself at a man." However, I will admit that I am quite capable of openly appreciating the "conquest" aspect of a romantic interest. It's *sexy.* But I can sniff out mutuality, and my goals are still quite practical and based on something "real." Someone doesn't mean enough to me to become worth chasing/ pursuing until we're friends.

I've never been sexually interested in someone who wasn't a friend. But when I was less healthy, I let male friends come to me, and then I crushed their hearts because I would get physical, but was not interested in settling down. I'd lay out my terms pragmatically: I want X, but not Y. Then, they would beg for Y and I'd say, "This is your problem, not mine." Not something I'm proud of, but that's how it went down when I was unhealthy.

This is another reason I felt a little bit "male" when I was less healthy. But looking back, I think it's a stereotype. Men can have deep feelings and attachments, and women can be lusty and too immature to settle down.

I think I took an active role in calming it for a long time. Maturity showed me that it was ok to be lustful, just to be a little more choosy about who and what it's directed at. It's never run out, I don't think it ever will.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
because i don't think it's fair that things like drive, self-confidence, assertiveness, etc should be associated with being male. women should feel as free as possible to be "people" and reach as far as they want without feeling or being thought of as losing their identity as women. this implies not categorizing personality attributes as male. the same would be asking a Male 2 is they feel female? sounds stereotyping :/ i'd love that both women and men had more space to "breathe" and feel free without these stupid, limiting stereotypes.
you know? both sexes should be seen as multidimensional.

Sure. I can see that, and that is what I was saying in some of my previous posts. However, having literal dreams of having a phallus, is "feeling male" - is it not?

The whole point of the thread, though, is that my assertiveness is a dimension of my femininity. However I've wondered, because of the phrasing 'phallic-narcissistic' personality, how this pertains to women. I never once mean to imply that women cannot be strong, assertive, and so forth; as a woman I am all of these things, and so is my mother who is either a 9 or a 6.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I think I took an active role in calming it for a long time. Maturity showed me that it was ok to be lustful, just to be a little more choosy about who and what it's directed at. It's never run out, I don't think it ever will.

Makes perfect sense to me, and in fact I could have said this myself.

As a side note - I like your avatar. =)