• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Do 8s Have an Anger Problem?

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION] actually, I'm always scolded for incorrect semantics and using terms too fluidly. People typically think I'm crazy anyhow so you probably shouldn't be listening to me, lol! But, have you read any books yet? Claudio's character & neurosis book was fantastic but I personally felt that I probably should have read Sandra's passion and virtues book first. Because that book is more about the concepts and those are important to understand before the actual descriptions. It's good to get a grasp of where all the pieces fit and I just thought that book good at providing that surface for everything to stick to.

I'm sorry. It's not that I'm avoiding on purpose. Just that I don't want to take over any thread in attempts of being understood and the truth is, it's not the norm that I am so you should probably just join the club and think I'm crazy, lol!

L

LadyLazarus

As a four, I do not view healthy 8's as having anger issues,I feel it's fine to get angry and sometimes a good argument is necessary to clear the air.

Maybe that's just 'cuz I'm a triple reactive though,so I kind of get their whole anger shit.
Honestly,I'd rather blow up at each other and move on than try to ignore the problem,and let it stew forever.That doesn't solve anything.

Most of the time I am pretty calm and light hearted, but when someone hurts me(and that's not hard since I'm stupidly sensitive) my 8 fix comes out and I get all foaming at the mouth,my coherence is severely impacted(although that doesn't stop me from arguing),and I want to address the issue immediately.Although,if I am with someone I don't know well I'll remain more outwardly composed and stoic while simply opting to insult them or something.I actually almost never yell when I'm angry,unless pushed to a certain point.It's weird.

When I was younger I used to lose pretty much all control when angry,I used to cry,sometimes get violent,and say things that frankly crossed the line.I was actually afraid to get angry at people at that point,in public for fear I'd end up crying like a dumb ass, in public.As I've grown I've learned to hold myself back better when angered.I actually smile/laugh when I'm angry sometimes now,it's kind of creepy honestly...but hey better than crying.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION] actually, I'm always scolded for incorrect semantics and using terms too fluidly.

No problem, you just need to define what you mean then.

People typically think I'm crazy anyhow so you probably shouldn't be listening to me, lol!

I don't care what people "typically think" about someone. I will see for myself.

(Haha now don't take that as a threat or anything, I just meant I prefer to see for myself what someone's like and I'm not a judgemental type so that doesn't usually mean anything bad ;P )

But, have you read any books yet? Claudio's character & neurosis book was fantastic but I personally felt that I probably should have read Sandra's passion and virtues book first. Because that book is more about the concepts and those are important to understand before the actual descriptions. It's good to get a grasp of where all the pieces fit and I just thought that book good at providing that surface for everything to stick to.

I don't have any Maitri books, no, I saw someone posting an ebook but that link's dead.

I do have the Naranjo one and it's cool. It doesn't talk about this "being themselves" thing though ;)

I'm sorry. It's not that I'm avoiding on purpose. Just that I don't want to take over any thread in attempts of being understood and the truth is, it's not the norm that I am so you should probably just join the club and think I'm crazy, lol!

Well this is a thread about 8's and their anger and so it might very well be relevant whatever you had in mind. Don't be so self-deprecating :)

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As a four, I do not view healthy 8's as having anger issues,I feel it's fine to get angry and sometimes a good argument is necessary to clear the air.

Maybe that's just 'cuz I'm a triple reactive though,so I kind of get their whole anger shit.
Honestly,I'd rather blow up at each other and move on than trying to ignore the problem,and let it stew forever.That doesn't solve anything.

Most of the time I am pretty calm and light hearted, but when someone hurts me(and that's not hard since I'm stupidly sensitive) my 8 fix comes out and I get all foaming at the mouth,my coherence is severely impacted(although that doesn't stop me from arguing),and I want to address the issue immediately.Although,if I am with someone I don't know well I'll remain more outwardly composed and stoic while simply opting to insult them or something.I actually almost never yell when I'm angry,unless pushed to a certain point.It's weird.

When I was younger I used to lose pretty much all control when angry,I used to cry,sometimes get violent,and say things that frankly crossed the line.I was actually afraid to get angry at people at that point,in public for fear I'd end up crying like a dumb ass, in public.As I've grown I've learned to hold myself back better when angered.

Lol I understand you so well there!
Just had to say this :p

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
8's are fearless and stable.

But on the flip side they take a lot of juice to power, and sap it from everyone around them to keep operating unless they understand how to find it in healthy ways. The anger is an unhealthy trait for the most part unless it is in the moment irritation with something, which should be normal for most people.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8's are fearless and stable.

But on the flip side they take a lot of juice to power, and sap it from everyone around them to keep operating unless they understand how to find it in healthy ways. The anger is an unhealthy trait for the most part unless it is in the moment irritation with something, which should be normal for most people.

Sap it from everyone around them is an understatement! Lol! My experience is they are like this lightbulb I turn on. They get brighter and brighter and brighter and I can never control it, tame it, slow it down and then they burn themselves out and leave me completely, utterly confused and drained completely emaciated of energy. Then if I say anything like, "dude, I'm dying. You killed it, I'm dead now, help". They say, no. You can't control me and then I'm the bad guy. Wtf.. ...

yeah this analogy probably makes no sense to anyone but me. I give up.

[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION] no. I can't. Like I said, I don't want to over take a thread trying to make my thoughts make sense. I'll just end up rambling for an hour about something you could say in 10 min. That and I'm currently dead from having the life sucked out of me. I'm sorry. I can not help you. I just can't do it anymore!! :cry:

The "helper" died and is no longer able to "give". You are speaking to a ghost. :p

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sap it from everyone around them is an understatement! Lol! My experience is they are like this lightbulb I turn on. They get brighter and brighter and brighter and I can never control it, tame it, slow it down and then they burn themselves out and leave me completely, utterly confused and drained completely emaciated of energy. Then if I say anything like, "dude, I'm dying. You killed it, I'm dead now, help". They say, no. You can't control me and then I'm the bad guy. Wtf.. ...

yeah this analogy probably makes no sense to anyone but me. I give up.

Interesting :eek:

I don't think I'd blame you in that situation though

no. I can't. Like I said, I don't want to over take a thread trying to make my thoughts make sense. I'll just end up rambling for an hour about something you could say in 10 min. That and I'm currently dead from having the life sucked out of me. I'm sorry. I can not help you. I just can't do it anymore!! :cry:

The "helper" died and is no longer able to "give". You are speaking to a ghost. :p

Well ok :( you sound really stressed out :S hope your life gets more in order / better or something