• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] E8's attracting damsels in distress?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Why do I have so many damsels in distress flocking to me telling me their tales of woe?

Why do I actually feel like I can save them?

Why does it feel like they're the only women I develop incredible attraction toward? The rest all just seem... ordinary?

Is there something wrong with me or my mindset?

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yep. Something's definitely wrong with you. You should get that fixed. :tongue10:

Seriously though, damsels in distress annoy me. It's like "what are you doing to fix the problem?"

Burger King

Yeah, when I think damsel in distress, I think weak ego or something along those lines that make me roll my eyes in disgust. Where's the self-respect or the shame?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Well, I'm very aware of the bullshit ones. The ones who don't have a job, don't have their shit together, are a waste of oxygen. I don't bother with them.

Its the other ones, the ones who are hurting emotionally in some way. They got all their shit together but are recovering from some past pain.

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yeah, I seem to attract the ones who've had that kind of thing happen to them in the past. The ones who are currently like that can be ok if they're working towards a solution.

kiloeight

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
8w7
I both attract and am attracted to damsels in distress, to my great detriment and peril

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why do I have so many damsels in distress flocking to me telling me their tales of woe?
Maybe because they sense that you can save them.

Why do I actually feel like I can save them?
MAYBE BECAUSE YOU CAN! Maybe you're just what they need and they can smell that. Maybe your perspective and attitudes and beliefs are that which they need more of, they sense that, so they gravitate.

Why does it feel like they're the only women I develop incredible attraction toward? The rest all just seem... ordinary?
Because they show their vulnerability, which makes you feel like you're really connecting with them?

Is there something wrong with me or my mindset?
Not as far as you wrote... unless you're power tripping and don't really care about them.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I generally attract interesting people who have their shit together. :shrug:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I generally attract people that WANT to get their shit together, more often than not.

I have a love/hate relationship with damsels in distress. A part of me LOVES to fix shit. The extrovert in me naturally applies that to people as well. If I can help fix something in someone's life, even if it is as simple as doing a favor.. it is better for me. Then I don't have to tell them I like them and care about them. I can be like "Of course he's my friend, I fixed his tire didn't I?! And I helped him with learning to cook healthy! How can he say I don't care?!" :laugh: I sort of communicate through my actions, so it gives me prime opportunity to be emotional in a way I know how and am most comfortable with. It's an amazing exchange.. really truly bailing someone out of a bind, doing a kindness for them in a way they were unable to do themselves.. It does amazing things for the esteem.

But.. The downside to this, is that it wears on me. Anything over an extended period of time. I am naturally annoyed by lazy, apathetic, dispassionate situations where people "want" to get out of the rut they are in but don't REALLY want it because they just don't MOVE towards it. It is taxing to see someone with potential to improve their situation not do so willingly. I'm pretty short tempered with things like depression and anxiety, which I've learned to deal with on my own vs taking it out on the person dealing with that sort of thing, but the annoyance and impatience is there. It's like.. I know I can't blame them for it, but I can't help getting angry about it either. And, of course, it is annoying to see gold advice wasted. /arrogance.

"How do I get my life together?"
BAM! Here's how citizen! :bats:
"Oh wow! That sounds awesome!"
Sounds?.. I don't like that word.. it is usually a precursor to--
"Maybe I'll try that.."
--the maybe word.. which usually means..
"But I don't know. I think I'm just too old for school. and I don't like to study."
:overreact:

What starts out as a crusade to get rid of all the villains in a person's life turns into a taxing pile of excuses for why the villains are really not so bad at all. It's like everyone's got Stockholm's Syndrome, and their sub-par life they complain about is their kidnapper.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What starts out as a crusade to get rid of all the villains in a person's life turns into a taxing pile of excuses for why the villains are really not so bad at all. It's like everyone's got Stockholm's Syndrome, and their sub-par life they complain about is their kidnapper.

May I have your permission to use this as a signature?

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP

Haha! That's why it is best to take the Judge Dredd approach to it.
Every villain is guilty--not a lot of room for gray.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

Been there. This is when the D word comes into play and you realize this whole time they just want to have something to complain about all their life and don't actually need help.

DUMPED.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Been there. This is when the D word comes into play and you realize this whole time they just want to have something to complain about all their life and don't actually need help.

DUMPED.

You're a good guy; albeit a bit naive and idealistic. You believe in the Golden rule: Be good and good things will happen to you.
A wiser man once said: "No good deed goes unpunished". Now you understand the meaning of that phrase.

This is a sick game: They're predators and you are the prey. They pick up on this, work their manipulative "magic", string you along and drop you like a bad habit.

Don't listen to this hippy-dippy bullshit about "helping" them. Fuck that. These assholes don't want "help"...they just want to get their hooks in so they can toy with you to their delight. It is a sick game of power and you are freely surrendering yours to them.

tl;dr version: Don't surrender personal power to anybody until they have proved they are worthy of it.
And don't be distraught, either. You dodged a bullet. Think about the consequences of her saying the "Y-word": YES.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
You're a good guy; albeit a bit naive and idealistic. You believe in the Golden rule: Be good and good things will happen to you.
A wiser man once said: "No good deed goes unpunished". Now you understand the meaning of that phrase.

This is a sick game: They're predators and you are the prey. They pick up on this, work their manipulative "magic", string you along and drop you like a bad habit.

Don't listen to this hippy-dippy bullshit about "helping" them. Fuck that. These assholes don't want "help"...they just want to get their hooks in so they can toy with you to their delight. It is a sick game of power and you are freely surrendering yours to them.

tl;dr version: Don't surrender personal power to anybody until they have proved they are worthy of it.
And don't be distraught, either. You dodged a bullet. Think about the consequences of her saying the "Y-word": YES.

You're right. I've also realized after reading about E4's in naranjo, that most of this "damsel in distress" is an overcompensation for a feeling of emptiness. Real love bulldozes all of their shakespearean/great gatsby fantasies. So to find an E4 who isn't filling her life with drama 24/7 is to find one that has very high self esteem and is in control of her life. Something I should be looking for in a woman.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
You're right. I've also realized after reading about E4's in naranjo, that most of this "damsel in distress" is an overcompensation for a feeling of emptiness. Real love bulldozes all of their shakespearean/great gatsby fantasies. So to find an E4 who isn't filling her life with drama 24/7 is to find one that has very high self esteem and is in control of her life. Something I should be looking for in a woman.

4wDick. This personality compatibility crap is...crap.
Take some time off for a while. Live life for yourself. You're not obligated to please anybody else.

And seeking "relationships" will naturally draw the predators to you.
They can sense your desperation and will use it against you.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
4wDick. This personality compatibility crap is...crap.
Take some time off for a while. Live life for yourself. You're not obligated to please anybody else.

And seeking "relationships" will naturally draw the predators to you.
They can sense your desperation and will use it against you.

Its not desperation so much as it is "keeping my eyes open." If it were desperation I'd still be dating she who will not be named, lmao!

I also wouldn't be telling gorgeous 16 million dollar supermodels in london the "no" word. So I'm PRETTY SURE its not desperation.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Its not desperation so much as it is "keeping my eyes open." If it were desperation I'd still be dating she who will not be named, lmao!

I also wouldn't be telling gorgeous 16 million dollar supermodels in london the "no" word. So I'm PRETTY SURE its not desperation.

You can tell them I said hi. :hi:

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP

Lolz! *giggles like a school girl*

Back off, man. I saw 'em first.