• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Can Enneagram 8's really have a deep, loving union with someone?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm starting to lose track at this point, tbh. I think the point was pointers on the wooing of the ESTj/J female.
Ok. :blush: Sorry about the thread diversion, then; it was productive for me, yeah, but only me, and not the rest of the forum.

Let me know if I can contribute anything worthwhile, Rex or [MENTION=16405]LeaT[/MENTION]!

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm starting to lose track at this point, tbh. I think the point was pointers on the wooing of the ESTj/J female.

But that requires actual... communication. Also actually, I am not romantically attracted to women (to my knowledge).
Se ego base? What makes you say that? And which types does that point to?

Part on how you came off in this thread that was quite Se-driven. SEE, ESI, SLE and LSI are all Se ego types. Not sold on it but it was something I thought was interesting.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Part on how you came off in this thread that was quite Se-driven. SEE, ESI, SLE and LSI are all Se ego types. Not sold on it but it was something I thought was interesting.

Se's rather delicious, isn't it? I take it as a compliment. I always thought it'd be rather fun to be a ESFP.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As a closer-to-healthy 8 now, I can tell you that I still love a good chase, but I like the enneagram-5 variety: I want loyalty and trust, in a partner, but the never-ending chase, with a 5, can come in the form of a mind that I can never quite understand; a vast array of thoughts and ideas that I can never keep up with. This is still a chase, but also provides grounds for a real relationship and lasting intimacy. Also, getting someone "into their body" who is normally not quite "in their body" gives me a thrill, especially because 5s have that 8 soul-child lust that is just DYING for a chance to come out, and once you unleash that inner animal, it's highly likely that the 5 will be wild in bed. But they're still a 5, so they'd still be secretive and less likely than some other archetypes to "sleep around." On top of that, "trust" between these two types is likely because both like to "say it how it is" and don't tend to "beat around the bush." Therefore, I vote healthy 5 as an excellent match for a healthy 8.

:wubbie:

My sister is an 8 and she's very devoted and very loving in a relationship. Indulgent, vulnerable, tolerant, patient...wants to "do" for the person she loves and gives it her all. She's not the easiest person to win and is very challenging to be with.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Se's rather delicious, isn't it? I take it as a compliment. I always thought it'd be rather fun to be a ESFP.

Se is my PoLR so no, I am not fond when people Se too much >.< Funnily enough your comment reminds me of another LIE who says something similar though. She also sees Se as something "fun".

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
:wubbie:

My sister is an 8 and she's very devoted and very loving in a relationship. Indulgent, vulnerable, tolerant, patient...wants to "do" for the person she loves and gives it her all. She's not the easiest person to win and is very challenging to be with.

^ Sounds familiar. :blush:

I'm no easy ride myself, and I have a habit of challenging anyone I'm close to - partners and close friends. I also love to "do" for a partner. I had an incident with a partner where he was going through a very rough time and needed a lot of time to himself and we were barely in contact, and I couldn't do a single thing for him and felt so frustrated.. I had to explain to him that trying to do *nothing* and just be patient is harder for me than doing *something* - it's like swimming against a tide that is always moving. It's actually easier for me to let the tide take me, and to constantly move forward, whereas it requires *effort* for me to stay in place by swimming against the tide. I can't just sit back and patiently wait for his suffering to end!!

I am also indulgent, vulnerable, tolerant, and unbearably, helplessly devoted. Sigh. Is your sister an SX type? Also do you know her tritype?

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Charming ideas and perhaps true if you're ENFP 8, but for the rest of us schmucks is prolly a thought unlikely to advance from that realm.

Hahahahaa, you make a good point. ;)

Newbyagain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey! Why are Fives coming over here trying to steal my Eights.