• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Type Six and Goodbyes

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Type Sixes, or those with a strong Six Wing, what are your feelings towards goodbyes? Can you describe how you experience them? How might Type Six handle goodbyes differently than other enneatypes? Thanks in advance for sharing.

Last edited:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nobody likes goodbyes. I don't think I treat goodbyes much different than most people, regardless of type. I don't like them to be all drawn out and dramatic and emotional, although I suspect that's more of a T thing than a Six thing.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What kind of goodbye are we talking about?

The "hey it was great to work with you on a project over the last year!" type of goodbye, or the "hey I know you trusted me to a large extent but I'm just not feelin' ya anymore, sucks to be you" type of goodbye?

I'm asking because I think the reason for the goodbye could factor in quite a bit for some 6s. At least it would for my ESTJ 6w7.

I was going to ask this as well. Clarification, please?

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm thinking specifically of the routine ones (not permanent farewells) with those you especially care about. Do any anxieties manifest at all during these separations. I'm interested in any feedback about Sixes and separations.

G

Glycerine

It usually doesn't cause me anxiety... I might feel a little dread if I don't want to deal with the things that the company was distracting me from or if I only get to see the person every year or two.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thinking specifically of the routine ones (not permanent farewells) with those you especially care about. Do any anxieties manifest at all during these separations. I'm interested in any feedback about Sixes and separations.

Not for me, no. Maybe sad/reluctant, especially before an extended absence, but not anxious at all.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I worry about my loved ones when they're out in dangerous conditions - nighttime on the water, heavy rain, fog, snow, heavy traffic, etc - and I'm waiting for them to contact me or to come home, but I don't think routine goodbyes are especially painful because of 6. I suppose there's some general lingering fear that this goodbye could be the last, so I try to always part on a good note and demonstrate that I care.

Was there a specific incident that prompted you to ask this?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think they are important. You never know what could happen (like a car accident or something). It sometimes is a little awkward for me. Permanent ones are much more difficult. I probably dont show much but think about it a lot afterwards.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I guess it comes from hearing about how type fours like myself can romanticize separation and wondering how it goes for type sixes. If there wasa general charm to it or some anxiety. Maybe enneagram has little impact on these attitudes.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think they are important. You never know what could happen (like a car accident or something). It sometimes is a little awkward for me. Permanent ones are much more difficult. I probably dont show much but think about it a lot afterwards.

I'm only a wing 6, but I can relate to that, with regard to separations/goodbyes. Routine or otherwise. Things like this hang around in the corners of my mind.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess it comes from hearing about how type fours like myself can romanticize separation and wondering how it goes for type sixes.

Can you elaborate a little more on how you'd romanticize separation?

T

The Iron Giant

Type Sixes, or those with a strong Six Wing, what are your feelings towards goodbyes? Can you describe how you experience them? How might Type Six handle goodbyes differently than other enneatypes? Thanks in advance for sharing.

Goodbyes to me are usually more awkward than anything else, maybe because I feel like seeking someone out to say goodbye is like starting a conversation with someone for the purpose of testing if they care that you're leaving. When I'm leaving work, I'll wave or say "bye" to people who make eye contact. Sometimes I actively plan my departure so that it's not noticed.

More dramatic goodbyes aren't so hard I guess. Or they haven't been in the past. I usually just smile a lot.

PeaceAndMusic

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I hate goodbyes! I'm filled with dread, fearing something will happen to the person will they are away. i I mean, as in trips, not leaving for work or something. Then again, I'm ISFJ. I got a double helping of the worries.:shrug:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh you mean like just saying "goodbye." I don't even think about it usually.

But if you mean like endings with people I love, I'm more like Avril Lavigne in that Goodbye video with mascara running down her face, crawling around on the floor, taking off her wig and drinking wine alone in a motel room like "PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME."

Actually when my ESFJ ex and I broke up, he was like "I have this feeling I'm never going to see you again" as I got in the cab to go to the airport to WV, and I thought he was being ridiculous, my mind didn't even accept that, I was like "sure, yeah right."

But then yeah we never saw each other in person again.

So I think maybe I don't take goodbyes seriously enough?

Perhaps it has to do with being counterphobic, because it takes me FOR FUCKING EVER to get over ANYONE.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guess it comes from hearing about how type fours like myself can romanticize separation and wondering how it goes for type sixes. If there wasa general charm to it or some anxiety. Maybe enneagram has little impact on these attitudes.

I don't find it romantic, no.