• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] 8 Intensity Causing Problems

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm a bottled up coke that's been shaken until dangerous. I have too much energy. I need to expend it. I NEED TO YELL AT PEOPLE. I NEED TO BLAST PENDULUM.

I go to work and all these motherfuckers are like, "we like to share our time with the children and learn with them" while I'm like, "I Push kids as hard as they can while still enjoying what they do!"

I like to harass people and tell them they're a fucking coke mongrel pen licker with their ass WEDGED IN A FURNACE.

I CAN'T YELL EVER. I'M SURROUNDED BY QUIET PEOPLE ALL THE TIME. WHY IS EVERYONE SO FUCKING QUIET? I FEEL LIKE I'M IN A FUCKING CAGE ALL THE TIME.

WHY DO I FEEL LIKE A BULLY WHEN I GET ENTHUSIASTIC? WHY DO PEOPLE DO WHAT I SAY AND ACT SUBMISSIVE? IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I'M THEIR FUCKING OVERLORD.

I'M NOT YOUR BOSS, I'M TRYING TO BE YOUR FRIEND

HYYTYAOIF:AIFHIPOHEWQINC:OWQMCLKDOA:IWD PBOAIHS POV@!))!(*_)!@*))(V@!)*(#*)U

Is there a psychological reason for this so I can better understand why I'm like this and setup my life in a way that is indicative of this? or am I just FUCKED?

I'm 25 years old and have no money. I work as a gymnastics instructor, where I THOUGHT my intensity would be great for the job, but even then I'm the loudest person in the room while they play classical music and practically whisper to each other. I feel like I'd be "destroying the calm atmosphere" which is what I do everywhere I fucking go and everyone has to remind me that. I hate Si. ISFP Girlfriend turns me into a quiet sheep when I'm around her. I love her to death but I'm scared I'll just make her shit herself or something.

Any advice? Can anyone relate?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
YES

unfortunately I'm broke and have no money or credibility to get a job that lets me storm around skyscrapers and shoot my employees.

rav3n

Time to build up credibility, whether getting a or another degree or doing something that requires more activity than gymnastics. Have you considered being some form of boot camp personal trainer?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Its crossed my mind but I never really seriously considered it. I'm not sure how that works, or if I'd need to set up my own workout routine and diet etc.

Good idea btw

rav3n

Another possibility is martial arts, since it combines all that's gymnastics, into something that also includes the mind. It might help you with discipline and control.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Another possibility is martial arts, since it combines all that's gymnastics, into something that also includes the mind. It might help you with discipline and control.

I have a black belt and once upon a time taught Tae Kwon Do, but I don't think the forms transfer over between schools.

rav3n

I have a black belt and once upon a time taught Tae Kwon Do, but I don't think the forms transfer over between schools.
Consider this type:

"Choy Li Fut is the most effective system that I've seen for fighting more than one person. [It] is one of the most difficult styles to attack and defend against. Choy Li Fut is the only style [of kung fu] that traveled to Thailand to fight the Thai boxers and hadn't lost." –Bruce Lee

Lark

I kind of find it hard to understand that this sort of mindset is associated with sensors or Si, I've read that this is the quality which is associated with detection and characters like Sherlock Holmes.

In folk typology its associated, mainly, firstly, by intuitives I've got to say, with chaotic or "spontaneous" personalities and when the discussion is framed that way then chaotic or "spontaneous" individuals associate themselves with the folkish description.

Now someone is bound to tell me the interaction of the Sensing function with feeling or perception is what accounts for it and I wont argue with that because I guess I dont know enough about how those things could interact, I dont embrace the definitions, or entirely know them for that matter, of people into NT, SJ, SP etc.

They seem pretty stereotypical to begin with, lending themselves right away to folkish instincts or analysis.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:laugh: As much as I love my brother and SIL, they can come visit us from now on.. I cannot STAND how quiet their household is. My normal tone of voice is shouting to them. Im like "YOU WANT TO SEE SHOUTING?!" :doh:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think that you are sexually frustrated.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
well that, in addition to everything else wrong with my life

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For the next quarter century, play pool with a bunch of guys who do nothing but make self-referential chatter about their high school experience and sleep with all of them.

I guess the question is can you identify examples of wordplay or not because there are thousands of people just like me who criminally ignore displays or chuckle discretely before cutting a verbal raincheck and I find it hard to imagine you, an estp, haven't encountered your share of me.

Ask yourself, DJ: "does my church allow curses and swears"

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
My 8 comes through two wings, but I've almost got in trouble at a few martial arts schools for going too hard when I was going easy. Most of my friends tend to be Es or have some 8 because they're the only ones who can keep up with me once I get going.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I've been told I'm too intense, but I wonder if it's an 8 thing or a SX issue. Either way I'm screwed, I suppose. Literally and physically. :blush:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not an eight, but I relate about the quiet households. I grew up in one. When I was young, one time I just flat out asked my father if there is any appropriate time or place for raising one's voice. Nope. To receive that answer scared me.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is a reason I like 8s. I feel like I can safely take off my corset and not shock them to death by being too overwhelming and too intense. And, even better, they will push back to stretch their legs. It's freeing to go toe to toe like that while knowing that for once, you aint bulldozing people. And it feels good not to be the only one bouncing off the walls on occasion and have everyone stare at you in disbelief.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: As much as I love my brother and SIL, they can come visit us from now on.. I cannot STAND how quiet their household is. My normal tone of voice is shouting to them. Im like "YOU WANT TO SEE SHOUTING?!" :doh:

this is among the reasons I thought I was an 8 for several months. my energy is expansive and suffocating to the point where it disrupts most situations without me even doing anything. for this reason, my friends tend to be more choleric individuals as being around other types gives me a feeling similar to a rambunctious child who has been placed in a room full of glass plates and fragile antiques (though it usually doesn't change my behavior)

I think this is an Id ENFP thing (ENFPs who are Enneagram 3, 7 or 8). ENFPs tend to be passionate, intense, sensual people which, combined with the Id types' tendency to push their energy forward can overwhelm more "modest" individuals. instinctual variants tend to play a role too (I'm Sp dom, but I have a strong Sexual instinct, which tends to give off a lot of energy).

PS: on a mostly unrelated note, I think 4s, 7s and 8s are the types least likely to alter their behavior based on external circumstances. similarly, they're the least likely to take other people (or their opinions) into consideration. "I feel like this, so I'm going to do it".