• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Silver Linings Playbook - Gut Center

VagrantFarce

An entire film of neurotic gut types. People with no filter, just pure instinct. Amazing film. How's this for a great 8 line:

Jennifer Laurence said:
You may not have experienced the shit that I did, but you loved hearing about it didn't you? You are afraid to be alive! You're afraid to live! You're a hypocrite! You're a conformist! You're a liar! I opened up to you and you judged me! You're an asshole!

http://youtu.be/WQslm7HjT0c?t=7m26s

Hits you right in the gut, doesn't it?

Anyway! Just an observation. /flees

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hits you right in the gut, doesn't it?

Anyway! Just an observation. /flees
:cry:

What did we ever do to you??

...seriously though, I REALLY want to see that movie. It looks amazing. Too bad it's not still in theaters...

Mole

Permabanned
It was two good looking, sane people pretending to be mentally ill.

They didn't look mentally ill, they didn't act mentally ill, they simply had the idea of being mentally ill.

In fact it was a romantic comedy dressed in the garb of mental illness.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
The book was better. The movie was romantic comedy bullshit about people who have a 'vague' mental illness, like it's a touching quirky add-on. Oh yeah! She was depressed and she fucked some guys! He lost his temper! BUT TOGETHER IN THIS CRAZY WORLD MAYBE THEY CAN BE CRAZY TOGETHER. Queue inspirational music.

Fuck.

Off.

In the book he is delusional and obsessive. Oh yeah, he doesn't know he's been court mandated locked away in an institution for four years, conveniently glossed over in the movie.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's something I would say, so I don't know. I really love Jennifer Lawrence in that, and Winters Bone, eff Hunger Games.

And how do you explain HIM? Wow, neurotic, delusional, obsessive, I would be likely to call Bradley a six for his character there.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The book was better. The movie was romantic comedy bullshit about people who have a 'vague' mental illness, like it's a touching quirky add-on. Oh yeah! She was depressed and she fucked some guys! He lost his temper! BUT TOGETHER IN THIS CRAZY WORLD MAYBE THEY CAN BE CRAZY TOGETHER. Queue inspirational music.

Fuck.

Off.

In the book he is delusional and obsessive. Oh yeah, he doesn't know he's been court mandated locked away in an institution for four years, conveniently glossed over in the movie.

I don't think it's glossed over. I got that. I got that he was obsessed in an unhealthy way with ex wife, thought of himself as if he were laughably superior to Jennifer Lawrence (to the point of mansplaining) while she actually seems stronger just politically incorrect, and his mom asks Jennifer Lawrence character to be friends with him.

I watched the entire movie three times seeing him as much more ill than she was, though she is also troubled, she helped him.

Cygnus

I've been told I talk exactly like Pat does in the movie, all blurting out observed facts with no regard to the political environment in the room.