• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] For sevens the worse their life is, the lower their conscientious level?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I've noticed that the more stress that an enneagram 7 is under and the worse their life is, the lower their conscientious level goes down. Conscientious level is defined by wikipedia as....

"Conscientiousness is the state of being thorough, careful, or vigilant; it implies a desire to do a task well.[1] Conscientiousness is also one trait of the five-factor model of personality, and is manifested in characteristic behaviors such as being efficient, organized, neat, and systematic.[2] It includes such elements as self-discipline, carefulness, thoroughness, self-organization, deliberation (the tendency to think carefully before acting), and need for achievement. It is an aspect of what has traditionally been called character. Conscientious individuals are generally hard working and reliable. When taken to an extreme, they may also be "workaholics", perfectionists, and compulsive in their behavior. People who are low on conscientiousness are not necessarily lazy or immoral, but they tend to be more laid back, less goal-oriented, and less driven by success."

So in other words what I am trying to say is that when under great stress, the enneagram 7's focus, concentration, ability to follow-through on projects, and work ethic goes down the tubes. Why do I think this? Well, the reason being is that 7's are natural hedonists, and they want life to be as pleasurable and as entertaining as possible. So when life begins to suck and horrible things happen in a 7's life like a divorce, job loss, death of a loved one, etc, they begin to escape from their problems and throw themselves into fun and pleasurable activities. It also seems like the more that life sucks, the more of these fun and pleasurable activities that the 7 throws themselves into in order to stay sane. However, as a consequence of constantly throwing themselves into these activities, they get less and less accomplished in their homes, jobs, schools, etc. Am I onto something with this theory or is it purely gibberish?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
To be completely honest, even if I actually am most of the time "coscentious", I abhor the formal definition. It just stinks of boredom, senseless rule-abiding, complete lack of creativity and "entrepreneurial" thinking. I think for 7s it's better to use a general definition "hard working and reliable", but why does this translated into "self-disciplined"? Why can't you do a task because you LIKE it, rather than because you are disciplining yourself into doing it? Why do I have to think about being "careful", while instead I may think "I want to do a great job, so I have to look at every detail"? Why is the description written from such a terribly risk-averse, fearful point of view?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems like it would be true of many types, wouldn't it? Under stress, you don't do as well?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Seems like it would be true of many types, wouldn't it? Under stress, you don't do as well?

Well it's true especially with the 7. For instance, under stress many types such as 1's, 3's, and 8's work even harder than normal when they are under stress. They distract themselves from their problems by doing more work and working later hours.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God, I wish that was me.
I need to read 7 again.