• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Nines, seriously, how do you integrate!?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I'm at a great university campus that's small enough to be homey but large enough that I frequently meet new people. Everyone is nice- at least deep enough that it doesn't feel forced- and I can strike up a conversation with almost anyone. I don't have 'real' stressors such as rent/food/dependents, but the coursework provides enough stress and education to keep me from stagnating.

As such I've developed positively in the last couple years, but I really dont like to think about how life will be once I graduate.

The_Observer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9w1
im baffled by my own integrations. They are always spontaneous or entp induced healing.

One thing which launches my spontaneous integration is a huge, significant, massive mass of humans. Ah, the stimulation it provides to my empathy and i can just lose myself into feeling love for humanity.

But once i settle back to a lesser amount of humans, this state of love is broken instantly by the first sign of dissonance.. So fragile is my integration. Such dissonance could be anyone having negative feeling untamed. And those, are very, veery common....

Im still trying to figure another trick for integration, and how i could prolong my integration phaces. My best bet are female entp's, if i could get one as a mate.

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding...7&sr=8-1&keywords=understanding+the+enneagram

Get this book. Read chapter 7, The Centers. Apply a practice of building your instinctive energies and then integrate your thoughts and feelings in to your actions at the same time.

1. To build awareness of instinctive energies you can do awareness exercises. Get a watch with a beeper on it. Put up a 2 hour alarm for the entire day. When the alarm goes off ask yourself if you are hungry, tired, horny, secure, etc. Repeat the process.
2. To build awareness of instinctive energies perform physical training. Every time you go to get a drink force yourself to do 10 to 20 pushups or something along those lines. Try a martial art or yoga even.
3. Integrate your thoughts and feelings in to your virtue which is "Right Action." That means if you are feeling angry for example, don't just sit there in ruminate on the thought all day. Deal with the situation headstrong. If you have something that you've been wanting to do then go out and do it. I know this 9 who has been talking about buying a bicycle for months now. He loves the idea but he hasn't done it.
4. Keep doing these things.

Also, you may feel more energized in front of the crowd because you are more or less merging with the vitality of that crowd. You may feel good but are you really engaging or are you just being a wall flower? Are you really paying attention to what you are saying and doing or are you just caught up in the flow of the energies?