• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] ENTP and Type 5

I

Infinite Bubble

I think there's already been a few threads on this in the past, but I'm curious so anyhow:

• How common is type 5 for ENTP? Are they mostly just mistyped INTPs (although I am aware this is a fairly rare phenomenon).
  • How exactly does there behavior differ from ones with a more typical type?
  • Could an ENTP that gets type 5 actually be an unhealthy version?

I

Infinite Bubble

Whoops, accidentally posted this in the wrong section... can a mod move this to the Head Center please?

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
on my irl entp statistics, so far ive came across one male 5w6, one female 5w4 and rest 3s and 7s and three sixes. Two of each multiply numbered enneas mentioned, so 5s would seem common.

Oh and there was a 4w3 entp fem too.

How they differ? All ego ennea entps seem to be self succumbing and people fearing(as in not being themselves) as opposed to the otherwise extroverted entp individuals

oh and there was entp 9w1 male too. Also ego entps are HELL blabbery, beating their more extroverted cousins at one on one. Ego entps seem oblivious of the social realm. They talk more than other entps but really lack any traces of social gracefullness.

Considering the amount of data i poses, you might wonder what on earth entp stalker have you found, well yeah exactly that. A soulmate hunter.

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think my husband is a 1w2 eNTp, not a typical result, but it explains a lot--he can almost come off SJ due to the 1, but he is primarily an ideas/builder of theories type guy.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTP 5s are rare because the essential tendencies of a type 5 lean towards introversion (i.e. I'd expect for there to be more ISFP 5s). A true ENTP 5 would have to be very ambiverted/extremely auxiliary influenced at the least.

Unhealthy? If they only look 5 due to stress then they are probably some other type, and figuring out which one that is would be more complicated. Sure someone under stress could easily go to information hoarding or something of the like but not for true 5 motivations.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ENTP 5s are rare because the essential tendencies of a type 5 lean towards introversion (i.e. I'd expect for there to be more ISFP 5s). A true ENTP 5 would have to be very ambiverted/extremely auxiliary influenced at the least.

Unhealthy? If they only look 5 due to stress then they are probably some other type, and figuring out which one that is would be more complicated. Sure someone under stress could easily go to information hoarding or something of the like but not for true 5 motivations.
ne is thrillled by new information/pattern gathering. Like a junky. it wants the High, not the coke itself. 5 seems like a wierd type for a primary Ne.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ne is thrillled by new information/pattern gathering. Like a junky. it wants the High, not the coke itself. 5 seems like a wierd type for a primary Ne.

What's your enneagram, [MENTION=5643]EcK[/MENTION]?

I

Infinite Bubble

[MENTION=5578]bologna[/MENTION] Thanks!

How they differ? All ego ennea entps seem to be self succumbing and people fearing(as in not being themselves) as opposed to the otherwise extroverted entp individuals

oh and there was entp 9w1 male too. Also ego entps are HELL blabbery, beating their more extroverted cousins at one on one. Ego entps seem oblivious of the social realm. They talk more than other entps but really lack any traces of social gracefullness.

Isn't it a bit of a contradiction that they're people fearing yet blabbery? Wouldn't they be quieter in social situations?

I suppose an ENTP 5 would indeed look very much like an INTP then. How would you tell the difference between one and an actual INTP?

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Isn't it a bit of a contradiction that they're people fearing yet blabbery? Wouldn't they be quieter in social situations?

not really when you notice the Ne doms with ego enneas have a tendency to fear self exposure. The fact they are extroverts doesnt change cause they are ego enneas, it just means they arent that attuned to the extroverted realm and thus their blabbering comes off as.. Inappropriate and dominating. And having ego ennea, they naturally take others rejectivity of them into their ego. For example, they start expecting people would refuse them just cause majority does and thus they wont act themselves entirely, fearing to act that based on experiences. Makes sense, yes?

I

Infinite Bubble

not really when you notice the Ne doms with ego enneas have a tendency to fear self exposure. The fact they are extroverts doesnt change cause they are ego enneas, it just means they arent that attuned to the extroverted realm and thus their blabbering comes off as.. Inappropriate and dominating. And having ego ennea, they naturally take others rejectivity of them into their ego. For example, they start expecting people would refuse them just cause majority does and thus they wont act themselves entirely, fearing to act that based on experiences. Makes sense, yes?

Ah yes, I understand now. Thank you for clarifying that.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Common: 7, 3, 8
Happens: 6, 5, 9
Rare: 4, 1, 2

How they vary: Take the ENTP functions Ne-Ti and strip away all the 7/3 attributes that are associated with ENTP behaviour, then add 5 things.

Mr Troll

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bs

Isn't this the thing types 5 do? Introvert themselves to gather information and formulate thoughts?

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTP 5 is something that I've seen around and I've met a few. Ne can potentially be an ambiverted function so an ENTP 5 would be a cognitive E but possibly a social I. Ne is a function that does not need to be fed by social interaction as much as some of the other extroverted functions out there so with that being said, and ENTP 5 isn't all that farfetched. I would imagine it would be even moreso the case with ne-ti than ne-fi but then again, it depends on the individual.

Afterall, 5 is a type that revolves around ti or shares a lot of overlap with it and ENTP's second function is ti. Well, an so/sx 5 or so/sp 5 may waver even more between I and E, possibly be more E than other subtypes but 5s are a very withdrawn type.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No such thing. These ENTP '5's are intregrated 7w6s or disintegrated 8w9s. They don't seem to understand that you can be an intellectual and not a 5, most of the time.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Given the amount of people in this world there HAS to be such a thing as this... the concept cannot literally be impossible. The thing is humanity has such uniqueness and complexity to their minds that, statistically, every type should be possible for any type. The issue is the rarity of some of the combinations of anything. I mean... this IS a system, and not everyone fits easily into the system as it is (I barely fit the system TBH I tend to feel a hybrid of INTP and ENTP because of this). To dilute it further by saying certain combinations are impossible like 5 and 4w3 also I've heard being impossible for ENTP because 4 is Fi and too feely. Then that's further constricting all the possible variations and combinations that statistically have to exist.

As for the disintegrations and integration stuff. I doubt we change into a new type really, we just somewhat resemble it commonly. Possibly. But I question this disintegration and integration thing since how do we know they all react the same way under stress and when feeling empowered? There's SO much to assume here it's just... lofty.

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To the extent one associates e/i with extrovert/introvert in the 'traditional' reserved sense, yes type 5 shows introvert leaning.

But by some philosophical ideas of e/i. there is little relation.