Thread: ENTP and Type 5

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post

Isn't it a bit of a contradiction that they're people fearing yet blabbery? Wouldn't they be quieter in social situations?
    not really when you notice the Ne doms with ego enneas have a tendency to fear self exposure. The fact they are extroverts doesnt change cause they are ego enneas, it just means they arent that attuned to the extroverted realm and thus their blabbering comes off as.. Inappropriate and dominating. And having ego ennea, they naturally take others rejectivity of them into their ego. For example, they start expecting people would refuse them just cause majority does and thus they wont act themselves entirely, fearing to act that based on experiences. Makes sense, yes?
    INTJ, 4w5, Sx So.

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    not really when you notice the Ne doms with ego enneas have a tendency to fear self exposure. The fact they are extroverts doesnt change cause they are ego enneas, it just means they arent that attuned to the extroverted realm and thus their blabbering comes off as.. Inappropriate and dominating. And having ego ennea, they naturally take others rejectivity of them into their ego. For example, they start expecting people would refuse them just cause majority does and thus they wont act themselves entirely, fearing to act that based on experiences. Makes sense, yes?
    Ah yes, I understand now. Thank you for clarifying that.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Common: 7, 3, 8
    Happens: 6, 5, 9
    Rare: 4, 1, 2

How they vary: Take the ENTP functions Ne-Ti and strip away all the 7/3 attributes that are associated with ENTP behaviour, then add 5 things.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Done.

Uh.. to contribute something, I think ENTP Enneagram 5 is our consensus for House (M.D.)'s type.
    I think he's a CP 6w5.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    bs
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    ne is thrillled by new information/pattern gathering. Like a junky. it wants the High, not the coke itself. 5 seems like a wierd type for a primary Ne.
    Isn't this the thing types 5 do? Introvert themselves to gather information and formulate thoughts?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

ENTP 5 is something that I've seen around and I've met a few. Ne can potentially be an ambiverted function so an ENTP 5 would be a cognitive E but possibly a social I. Ne is a function that does not need to be fed by social interaction as much as some of the other extroverted functions out there so with that being said, and ENTP 5 isn't all that farfetched. I would imagine it would be even moreso the case with ne-ti than ne-fi but then again, it depends on the individual.

Afterall, 5 is a type that revolves around ti or shares a lot of overlap with it and ENTP's second function is ti. Well, an so/sx 5 or so/sp 5 may waver even more between I and E, possibly be more E than other subtypes but 5s are a very withdrawn type.
    9w1 5w4 2w3 sp/so

Stars that are long dead whose light is still traveling through time. It won't die, that's light. Maybe that's the only thing that never does.

O- High C- Average E- Extremely Hilariously Low A- Extremely High N-Medium High

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

No such thing. These ENTP '5's are intregrated 7w6s or disintegrated 8w9s. They don't seem to understand that you can be an intellectual and not a 5, most of the time.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Given the amount of people in this world there HAS to be such a thing as this... the concept cannot literally be impossible. The thing is humanity has such uniqueness and complexity to their minds that, statistically, every type should be possible for any type. The issue is the rarity of some of the combinations of anything. I mean... this IS a system, and not everyone fits easily into the system as it is (I barely fit the system TBH I tend to feel a hybrid of INTP and ENTP because of this). To dilute it further by saying certain combinations are impossible like 5 and 4w3 also I've heard being impossible for ENTP because 4 is Fi and too feely. Then that's further constricting all the possible variations and combinations that statistically have to exist.

As for the disintegrations and integration stuff. I doubt we change into a new type really, we just somewhat resemble it commonly. Possibly. But I question this disintegration and integration thing since how do we know they all react the same way under stress and when feeling empowered? There's SO much to assume here it's just... lofty.
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)
    House: Slytherin
    ENTP-Ti / Logical

9w8, 5w4, 3w4 sx/so

In theory: the wings create a strong 4ish imprint

How fascinating the mind is.

Enneagram
    6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Si

To the extent one associates e/i with extrovert/introvert in the 'traditional' reserved sense, yes type 5 shows introvert leaning.

But by some philosophical ideas of e/i. there is little relation.