• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Type 8s - What type are you drawn to?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 8s - What type are you drawn to? Why are you drawn to them?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why, could it be? A thread for who 8s are drawn to? Well, don't mind if I do!

I think there are three categories for me.

The first is guys that hold no interest for me whatsoever. That covers 2s and 5s.

The second is guys who I like the idea of, but for whatever reason couldn't actually take the plunge with (aka 1s, 7s and 8s).

Then the third category is that of men that actually tend to draw me. The majority of them have been along the 3,6,9 triangle. My most significant relationships have been with those three types, and I will probably continue to bounce along it until I end up married to one.

4s are in a special category of individuals who I find myself elementally attracted to, but have never seemed to be able to make it work with romantically. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to a couple of more go rounds with that particular type. :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
for some reason I tend to chase 1s, 2s and 6s... something about fussy men makes me all hot for some completely unknown reason :shock:

nobody that I really, truly dislike, though I can say that it's a toss up as to whether or not I've respected 3 bosses that I've had in the past... I only liked the one who had a real backbone even though I thought he was an asshole as well... the other two seemed like they'd say and do anything in order to stay in charge and I can't go with that :thumbdown: probably not the healthiest examples there :laugh:

I don't like the more dramatic 4s in the least, but I like the ones who can control their emotions a bit, or at least don't spill them all over me all of the time! I don't really like ANYONE who's all sticky emotional regardless of type! :sick:

anyone else I'm fairly neutral to... I like other 8s as friends, but I don't think that I could date one... that would be asking for trouble! but then again, who knows... :)

thought I'd answer for your curiosity experiment, even though I don't really like judging people based on numbers or letters! :)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow. Are there really no more 8s on the board at this point? [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION], what's your take?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Wow. Are there really no more 8s on the board at this point? [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION], what's your take?

Been crazy busy with work and the internet's been down at home.

I'll try to get back to this once everything levels out.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
In theory, 9s are really attractive to me, but I don't know how it'd work in practice at all.
7s seem to become close friends very easily.

I think the only type I tend to reel away from is 1s. I'm unsure of why this is the case yet, but they almost speak another language to me.

Also, whatever types James Harrison and JJ Watt are. :3

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In theory, 9s are really attractive to me, but I don't know how it'd work in practice at all.

9s are nice. I dated one for about a year. The passivity became troublesome after a while, though. I started to crave more friction, and a partner that I didn't have to handle with kid gloves.

I understand that 9s are the most common partner for female 8s, however.

Permabanned
Why, could it be? A thread for who 8s are drawn to? Well, don't mind if I do!

I think there are three categories for me.

The first is guys that hold no interest for me whatsoever. That covers 2s and 5s.

The second is guys who I like the idea of, but for whatever reason couldn't actually take the plunge with (aka 1s, 7s and 8s).

Then the third category is that of men that actually tend to draw me. The majority of them have been along the 3,6,9 triangle. My most significant relationships have been with those three types, and I will probably continue to bounce along it until I end up married to one.

4s are in a special category of individuals who I find myself elementally attracted to, but have never seemed to be able to make it work with romantically. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to a couple of more go rounds with that particular type. :)
:cry:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
9s are nice. I dated one for about a year. The passivity became troublesome after a while, though. I started to crave more friction, and a partner that I didn't have to handle with kid gloves.

Yeah, that's the same problem I had occur.. I felt sort of like a bully, always barking orders and getting no push back. It seems very tolerable in a friendship area, but when it comes to a relationship, I want opportunities for make up sex.. ... Theoretically..

Girl, you know all the right words to a men's heart. :wubbie:

:cry:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, that's the same problem I had occur.. I felt sort of like a bully, always barking orders and getting no push back. It seems very tolerable in a friendship area, but when it comes to a relationship, I want opportunities for make up sex.. ... Theoretically..

Mhm. I hear ya.

Not to say I told you so, buuuttt

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think the only type I tend to reel away from is 1s. I'm unsure of why this is the case yet, but they almost speak another language to me.
Purple monkey dishwasher. :soapbox:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I would believe that and not just because I married a 9. He's not passive though, maybe he's a 9w8. I would call him more of a safe harbor and sometimes I really crave that.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would believe that and not just because I married a 9. He's not passive though, maybe he's a 9w8. I would call him more of a safe harbor and sometimes I really crave that.

May I ask what his MBTI type is?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

yeah... I've never respected someone who lets me walk all over them, as horrible as that sounds. yes, I know that I can be bossy, incredibly independent and I enjoy staring people down until they give up whenever the opportunity arises, but still... have a backbone, dammit! :thelook:

also, fighting isn't really necessary in an ACTUAL fighting manner... friendly banter and attempts to one up one another is a downright aphrodisiac though :wubbie:

... mostly I don't like it when other people cry and I caused it, mostly because the mix of feeling guilty and feeling victorious is confusing :blush:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
yeah... I've never respected someone who lets me walk all over them, as horrible as that sounds. yes, I know that I can be bossy, incredibly independent and I enjoy staring people down until they give up whenever the opportunity arises, but still... have a backbone, dammit! :thelook:

also, fighting isn't really necessary in an ACTUAL fighting manner... friendly banter and attempts to one up one another is a downright aphrodisiac though :wubbie:

... mostly I don't like it when other people cry and I caused it, mostly because the mix of feeling guilty and feeling victorious is confusing :blush:

:hifive: Very well said.