• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Type 9s - What type are you drawn to?

skippythecat

Enneagram
9w1
IME...

1 - they're great until they start to impose their impossible high standard on you.
2 - fun and sweet, but they only want to serve me and not the other way around.
3 - i like them. very driven. no bad experience yet.
4 - too dramatic and gloomy for my taste.
5 - i love their thirst for knowledge but that's the only way to convince them to look outside of themselves.
6 - too anxious about everything. pessimistic.
7 - fun but it's hard to have a serious discussion with them.
8 - too aggressive but assertive.
9 - low key and very accepting of others, but kind of boring sometimes. maybe more like hard to get depth out of them.

soo.. I think it would be 2, 3, 5, and 8.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
E1: I admire their moralities. However, it makes me not want to be completely myself since I enjoy being silly and they take it the wrong way.
E2: Love them a lot. I always feel loved by them. I met one unhealthy one.. or maybe even two.. and I detest it when they think I owe them something when all I want is for us to merge emotionally and spiritually, and.. yeah.
E3: I like them. When they get too involved with the road of success, that's when I feel a disconnect.
E4: I admire their rebelliousness. They help me think about things that I haven't gotten around to yet, philosophically speaking.
E5: I wish I can talk to them forever. :heart: Deep, yummy talks about the universe.
E6: They're incredible when it comes to the practical side of life. When I need help with things that I am naturally not good at, there they will be.
E7: When its their core, they are loads of fun, but I sometimes get resentful when they refuse to go deep with me. Good in small doses.
E8: I value them for their strength, but they do like to steamroll over me at times when they sense that I am becoming weak. Sometimes, I just want them to know, that moments of me being weak, is sometimes when I'm at my most vulnerable and strongest!
E9: I love them because I can just relax and be my true self without issue.

EAharrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I always find that I like to be around 4's, 7's, and 8's, they are the people that make me feel the most myself. 6's can be really stressful to be around for me, but I am not really sure why, and unhealthy 2's drive me insane because they feel so not genuine.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Also, 4w5. More than 8w9, actually.

I hate being around average 6's and 1's the most. I have zero patience for anxious, wishy-washy behavior. And I just hate extremely judgemental people. It's also worth mentioning that I get bored of 3's and 3 fixers very quickly.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
7s for some reason. And 5s. And other 9s- especially IXXP 9s.

EAharrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am typically drawn to 4s, 5s and 7s
4s really affirm me in my being able to accept people and I really appreciate that about them.
5s make me feel comfortable with sitting back and thinking without being emotional about it.
and 7s help me to enjoy new things and be spontaneous, which I always want to do but just need a friend for.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I seem to be a sucker for 3w2 males but I like the concept of a 8w9 male.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
See I really don't keep track of what types people are when I'm talking to them. I guess maybe 7s, other 9s, and 5s (mostly online.)

With 7s -- especially ExFP ones -- I just find them exciting and like to go off of their energy.

With other 9s, I think it's because I'm a 9 who constantly seems to disintegrate so I guess I like THEIR calmness.

And with 5s, it's because of how level-headed they are which also calms me. But I mostly end up talking to them online as I probably wouldn't know how to begin talking to a 5 too well in person. Offline I'm usually most comfortable talking to someone who's instantly as open and friendly as I am.

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
7s-They're just a breathe of fresh air at times. I like their adventurousness and willingness to take advantage of opportunities and actually do things in the world. I like them more as friends than romantic partners though because of flightiness and tendency to be reckless (sometimes), although maybe that's just because the 7s I've come across seem SP blind.

fellow 9s-Similar approach to life; drawn to their relaxed energy and calm approach to situations/life in general. I like the low need for control in social settings and giving others the space to be themselves.

These are the two types that stick out to me.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A few too many 5s in my life have successfully annoyed me so revising my answer from last decade. :dry:

I find harmonic groups show the pattern with the kind of connections I have best;

Positive types (2, 7, 9) are warm relationships, easy and pleasant. We get along without effort or drama, it's simple, fun and low key but 'nice' as opposed to passionate and I rarely feel stretched to grow based on their external influence.

Reactive types (4, 6, 8) are hot relationships, they can be challenging and passionate, when we clash it's impossible but when we respect each other it can be amazing and inspire continued growth. Romantically I struggle to see type 8 working but I enjoy their passion.

Competency types (1, 3, 5) are cold relationships, if I'm struggling to connect with someone they usually turn out to be a competency type, while there can always be exceptions, they are collectively not for me.

KKB78

Permabanned
7w8, 8w9, 8w7, and sometimes 4w5 but 4's confuse me and don't tend to be the sort of strong confident partner I am most drawn to though I do think they're interesting at least

The person I've had the longest relationship with is an ExFP 7w8 sx/so

I love people who are more self-focused and focused on their own desires than I am
I'm more pathologically other-referencing and tribe before self
I like people who know what they want

I tend to do poorly with types like 2 because having my needs catered to does nothing for me and because I'm pretty resistant to paying attention to myself so both of our other-focused natures tend to not work out

I don't think I mind very much when my relationship is more about my partner at least not according to my history