• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Type 7s - What type are you drawn to?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 7s - What type are you drawn to? What draws you to them?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 7s - What type are you drawn to? What draws you to them?

as friends
- 8w7s: their unapologetically dark, shocking, sometimes perverted humor makes me snicker. people tend to think they're "mean" but it's simply that they have no room for social nicities and tell it to you straight. when you get to know them, they're generally very accepting and will stick up for you if you need it.
- 7s: entertaining, never a dull moment. 7w8s tend to be more extreme and exilerating while 7w6s are more whimsical and intellectual
- 6w7s: lovably clumsy and scattered

as lovers
- 6w7s: their vulnerability is adorable and brings out my protective instincts
- 2w3s: they have an obsessive quality that I find appealing cuz I like the attention and
- 9w1s: calming and comforting. easy to relax/drop my guard around

A

A window to the soul

I am drawn to 1, 2, 3. and 7. I admire their strengths the most and usually enjoy working with them on a team.

1 - high integrity, perfectionist, reformer - I enjoy the challenge.
2 - giver, caretaker, advisor - I enjoy the love and positive affirmations.
3 - leadership, competence, enthusiasm
7 - fun, happy, grand ideas, enthusiasm

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
as friends
- 8w7s: their unapologetically dark, shocking, sometimes perverted humor makes me snicker. people tend to think they're "mean" but it's simply that they have no room for social nicities and tell it to you straight. when you get to know them, they're generally very accepting and will stick up for you if you need it.
- 7s: entertaining, never a dull moment. 7w8s tend to be more extreme and exilerating while 7w6s are more whimsical and intellectual
- 6w7s: lovably clumsy and scattered

as lovers
- 6w7s: their vulnerability is adorable and brings out my protective instincts
- 2w3s: they have an obsessive quality that I find appealing cuz I like the attention and
- 9w1s: calming and comforting. easy to relax/drop my guard around

What about counterphobic 6w7s? Your description only match with the phobic ones.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Antisocial gangsters, kind of like me, so that would correlate with other 7s.

I also like 9s, as they kind of let you do your own thing, though they can be a little bit too passive for proper excitement.

Type 5 is okay too, as kind of like 9, they seem more hands-off, though they can also be a bit too analytical.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about counterphobic 6w7s? Your description only match with the phobic ones.

the counter phobic 6w7s are sweet, cuddly and secretly vulnerable on the inside. so I often like them too

roastingmallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
All. My lady friend is 9w1 though and she is pretty great. In the past I've mostly dated 4s, 2s and 6s and they are interesting...

Starry

^^^I've been meaning to respond to this thread. I think, had I related to any of the responses above I may have put responding out of my mind believing 'my vote has already been counted' (yes, I realize we are not voting here haha) or 'what others have said can stand for me as well'...but since the other responses were so different...even opposite in some instances I kept wanting to get back here and...

at the very least put in a good word for the e5 (wth?) No see, I'm attracted to *interesting* and in this way it wouldn't really be a stretch/untruth for me to say that I'm attracted to all of the etypes as they are all interesting in my mind. The problem is I'm also super attracted to people 'not overwhelming me with their expectations, emotions, convictions, conventions...' <--which is an amazingly easy thing to do. So I'm attracted to *interesting* and *98% self-contained*...which when taken together puts e5 out in front while other etypes sorta fall off the list. I also like e6 especially the 6w5 with just the right amount of counterphobia. Highly phobic e6s can make me feel extremely anxious while the ultra-counterphobic e6s either scare me or are merely too unpredictable and negative. But balanced counterphobic e6s are really brilliant people. I also like 8w7s and 4w5s <--but some 4w5s can overwhelm me with their powerful emotions and specialness.

Healthy 7w6s are so fun...but when unhealthy they're absolutely horrendous. And for whatever reason I'm not a huge fan of the 7w8 and 8w9.

As for the rest of the etypes... I would never reject someone on the basis of etype omg no. But e9 - e4w3 that's the range where I'm just not feelin the 'self-containment' at levels I apparently need to not turn and run away as fast as I can. For whatever reason I'll get the never-ending feeling of 'these people are going to want something from me and I'm not going to be able to anticipate what it is' (and then that thing will get bigger and needier and I'm going to be seen as 'bad' in some way haha). e7ness is fun.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

i could swear we'd done this before. elfboy was even critisizing my choice, bladiblah.. .:D

Permabanned
4's, 5's and 9's.

S

Society

5, 4, 2 <- likely
9, 7, 6 <- less likely
8, 3, 1 <- very unlikely

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
9w1 in terms of romantic partners. Really hard to go for anything long term with the others.