• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Type 5s - What type are you drawn to?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 5s - What type are you drawn to? What is it that draws you to them?

G

Glycerine

3s, 4s, 9s, sometimes 8s. I find the 3s to be charming and that "vulnerability" they try so hard to hide is kind of cute. I like 4s for the opposite reason. 9s are calm and have a child-like resiliency toward life where they seem to bounce back so quickly. 8s are true go-getters who cut through the BS.

On the fence, 6s are intriguing to me because I never know what exactly will set them off and what impassioned views they have.

If I had to choose 4/9.... 4.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Somewhat drawn to: 4 (although drama can be draining), 5 (esp for friendship), 7 (if they have any capacity to be with difficulty and face down times)

Depends: 1 (fairly polarizing, but really like some), 3 (energy is attractive, lack of interiority less so), 6 (depends, since 6s are so variable)

Not drawn to: 9 (last thing my low-energy needs is external energy dampening), 8 (find the outward anger off-putting, although the inner-squishiness is kind of appealing), 2 (the give-to-get thing sets of my 5-ish fear of being drained, plus being indebted for something I never asked for sets my teeth on edge)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
3s and 9s.

3s - I admire their dedication to accomplishing stuff, their confidence, the way they carry themselves. Most of them lack substance though. They seem to just adapt, adapt, adapt, and at the end of the day I don't know what to expect from them.

9s - They tend to be pretty low maintenance, very open-minded, and they don't seem to have a sense of moral or intellectual superiority. I believe En 9 is the best match for me.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Drawn to 4s. Especially with a 5 wing. Their bohemian ways, creativity, and quest for identity draws me. Very drawn to 8s and tend to get along with them very well. I love their courage, strength of will...like a force of nature. Combined with a big heart=awesomeness in one package. Sometimes 1s and 7s. Conviction, sense of duty in the 1. Love of fun, quick-silver mind in the 7.

I like 9s for their sense of calm, acceptance, and insight into others. I love how they are able to understand multiple points of view. But their tendency to neglect things and refusal to deal with problems can be very hard for me to handle.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
7- In some ways, they are similar to me, also being a head type. Both of us, are idea people and perhaps not the most in touch with emotions. Compared to me, 7's are alot more outwardly energetic and more carefree/less worried. I admire their energy and optimism.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1- a worthy challenge, more active than me and more loyal than 8s
2- the affection is worth the price

of either wing

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9s - They tend to be pretty low maintenance, very open-minded, and they don't seem to have a sense of moral or intellectual superiority. I believe En 9 is the best match for me.

9, 5 and 6 are the best team against aliens imo

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I dunno... I think I have friends / previous ex's of almost all types.

Most drawn to? Probably 7's. Maybe 3's to a lesser extent (although only certain ones). I find the outward energy/extroversion/drive/ambition/exploration appealing.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find myself most easily befriending other 5's, as well as some 4's, 9's, 7's, & 8's.
[and whatever the hell [MENTION=8595]Zang[/MENTION] is :laugh:]

I couldn't say what "draws" me. It's not so much a draw. Just mutual cognitive chemistry --> interesting, entertaining, &/or enriching conversation.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Somewhat drawn to: 4 (although drama can be draining), 5 (esp for friendship), 7 (if they have any capacity to be with difficulty and face down times)

Depends: 1 (fairly polarizing, but really like some), 3 (energy is attractive, lack of interiority less so), 6 (depends, since 6s are so variable)

Not drawn to: 9 (last thing my low-energy needs is external energy dampening), 8 (find the outward anger off-putting, although the inner-squishiness is kind of appealing), 2 (the give-to-get thing sets of my 5-ish fear of being drained, plus being indebted for something I never asked for sets my teeth on edge)

Pretty much almost exactly what Seymour wrote, especially the bolded.

The only thing I’d add/change:

-being somewhat low-energy (or at least a tendency to retreat into my own head easily) is what makes 7s appealing to me. I tend to soak up and reflect back however much energy someone has, so the enthusiasm is helpful to be around. But yeah, inability to face difficulty can get old.

-I’d change 3 to the ‘not drawn to’ category, though not confidently because I haven’t had much irl experience of them (basing 'no' on one really bad experience).

-I don’t believe I’ve ever seen this e8 inner-squishiness of which Seymour speaks (but the outward anger is a real deterrent).

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Type 1, since they are so principled, and type 9, since they are so peaceful. :)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7s, 5s, 4s, and 1s.

i also like 9s and sometimes 3s.

i would like to branch out into the other types. but i do love the first group. i think there is the type of learning that informs your world directly. and then there is the type of learning that helps you realize how to complete a full process. i learn so much from every type, but the first group just feels like it's easier to be on the same page.