• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Give me a description of an enneagram 7w6 SX/SO

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Whoa, yep. I do relate a lot. I feel like I get like rollin like that, like when she started talking about all the Jewish things she does. When she said her skirt was "happy". I dunno, I'm not sure if what's all type-related, but I don't think I went into watching it thinking "oh, I'm totally going to relate to her", so maybe that gives it more clout. The way she talked about singing to her baby was something I could imagine doing. And just like being kinda official with her answers, like trying to give complete and composed responses, but super like into them and expressive and with like casual language. :shrug: I think yes.

Makes sense.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Yep, so is that the conclusion? Like how does the fact Drew Barrymore is the same type as me help me know what 7w6 characteristics are?

This is the typewatch description of type 7. Do you relate to it at all?

Type 7(Head Triad)

Sevens are gluttonous fun-loving types who believe in experiencing what they want in life without restrictions or obligations. They want a lot and are gnawed by their wants enough to see them as needs so they "need" that juicy steak and "need" that vacation. They take care of their stuff themselves and aren't a burden on anyone so why shouldn't they be entitled to a good life? These natural optimists have a hard time accepting the stark reality that the world isn't as accomodating as they would like. Being head types they understand that but sevens are sevens so understanding something and coming to grips with something are two different things.

Sevens have a blind faith in the future working out for them. Their jumping-the-gun streams of consciousness cause them to distort the future as being just around the corner. If they keep their options open a little longer they are sure to get what they want. They also frequently believe they can have their cake and eat it too. They enthusiastically plan out rosy scenarios in their mind. The future hasn't yet made the details apparent that might show their optimism is misplaced, nor does it make demands on them or slow them down like people in the present do. They feel if they keep moving and anticipating they can stay one step ahead of being bogged down by all that. It goes without saying they don't sweat the small stuff and are always on the lookout for shortcuts that would get them to their happier more fulfilling future faster.

Sevens have addictive personalities. They tend to be adventurous, impulsive, exciting, and enthusiastic. The more common sensing-perceiving sevens tend to be focused on more physical gluttony and are the typical party animals. The less common intuitive seven is no less addictive but has as much a need for mental stimulation as a need for physical stimulation. All sevens need the potential for a more fulfulling life more than anything. They need something better in their future to look forward to. The one thing a seven wouldn't relate to in a million years is contentment and a lack of wants.

With their monkey minds sevens tend to be mentally agile and versatile enough to quickly pick up the basics of many things. They frequently have a wide range of intellectual interests and can converse about anything. They tend to find it difficult to focus however and are easily destracted by the temptations in life. More importantly they often overestimate their abilities and confuse what they know with true mastery. More than any other type they tease others with their unrealized potential.

Between experiencing the fullness of life in the present and restlessly thinking up rosy future scenarios their mind is in high gear and their attention is diverted. On a more subconscious level coming to grips with sobering realities in the present and unflattering things about themselves is put on the back burner. Wants are reframed as needs and real inner needs are neglected. Emotional pain is seen as unpleasantness and avoided. These potentially painful feelings are compartmentalized and take awhile to hit home but when they hit they hit hard. On a more conscious level the seven primarily fears being trapped or stuck in a rut. Being bored or deprived from experiencing life triggers "rut" fears. Sevens find it much easier to acknowledge that they fear a "rut" than they fear "pain". The fear of being stuck or trapped in a rut conveniently relegates the fear of emotional pain to a more subconscious level in the fear queue.

Sevens are image center last which makes them shameless, insensitive, and cocky. Like eights they don't see how they come across to others well. Sevens move the enviornment towards them to accelerate their mental gears to distract themselves. Fives in contrast remove themselves from their enviornment to deal with things from a position of strength. Sevens are unprententous and young at heart. Don't let their youthful energy fool you though. Sevens have one of the stronger egos. Should they face obstacles these resilient types have confidence that they'll land on their feet...and they do.

Sevens are naturally egalitarian. They don't like playing power games and would rather just be concerned with themselves. They are grateful for their "lucky" lot in life which makes them fun to be around. They tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. While sevens generally aren't nitpicky of others' minor flaws they often underweight or even overlook major ones.

In enneagram theory 7s are thinking-instinctive-feeling in that order. Their default emotion is fear and their principal defense mechanism is distraction. They accelerate their thinking center mental gears to escape the need to come to grips with inner issues in their feeling center. They conjure up potential rosy scenarios, crazy schemes, exciting ideas, and creative ways of looking at things. They use all that to keep mental activity high enough to keep their mind off coming to grips with unflattering inner issues, unpleasant feelings, and sobering realities. It's much like running around to keep their kite in the air. Once it's time for follow-thru, examining the details brings them closer to reality which is a drag: the sticktoitiveness needed for that job training, that having a website business means having to cold-call to get customers, having to get up at 5 am for that job you thought you wanted, that cute girl sure is clingy. Once details are involved the grass isn't as green on the other side so the seven finds new grass starting from the mental realm and repeats the process.

On a smaller scale sevens may engage in wordplay or other shameless nonsensical "crazy funny" behaviour to distract themselves simply because they got the "itch" to discharge their excess head energy into their enviornment. Many sx-firsts think they have more seven in them than they do because sx is a probing deeply energy to squeeze the most out of an experience while sevenness is about staying in motion to keep their kite in the air to avoid coming to grips with inner issues and feelings.

Unhealthy sevens are completely hedonistic and have no focus in life. They are childish and irresponsible. They have an insatiable desire for one thrill after another. They are complete slaves to their passions. More importantly they are proud of it all. They are proud of being totally free. When they start to get healthy they come to feel a deep regret over the unfinished chapters in their lives they can never do over again. These are the same unfinished chapers caused by them mindlessly skipping from one thing to another. When sevens realize true happiness comes from their journey(coming to grips with unflattering stuff inside them and others along the way) not the destination(future focus)...they learn to commit to sticking stuff out and following thru and can take pride in what they have genuinely accomplished in life(as opposed to doing the minimum to get by)...they can finally escape from chasing their tail. Only then can they find true satisfaction.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did that help at all?

Well, there are plenty of descriptions of 7s that I've been able to find. They all seem to say similar things to what you posted. What I'm looking for (maybe I'm looking for something that doesn't exist or isn't worth looking for, I don't know) is a description of a 7w6 as distinguished from a 7w8. There wouldn't be wings if they didn't make a difference, right?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Well, there are plenty of descriptions of 7s that I've been able to find. They all seem to say similar things to what you posted. What I'm looking for (maybe I'm looking for something that doesn't exist or isn't worth looking for, I don't know) is a description of a 7w6 as distinguished from a 7w8. There wouldn't be wings if they didn't make a difference, right?

Yeah I could provide you with a 7w6 vs. 7w8 description...
7w6s are less grounded and more visibly anxious. They are more manic. They are much more prone to bipolar personality disorder. They are mercurial and endearing. They tend to be more amiable and friendly. They are natural peter pan types who never grow up. They are the more childlike side of seven. They are more creative and fantastical. They are more excited about life and never stop dreaming. They have an attitude of wide-eyed wonderment towards the world. They are prone to blurring the distinction between fantasy and reality. They are much more "pie in the sky" thinkers. They believe in "potential" and that is a big theme in their lives. They believe in potential in others and pockets of potential in the world. They believe the "holy grail" is out there somewhere and it's just a matter of finding it. They are more likely to chase their own tail. They lack the pragmatism and realism of their seven-wing-eight siblings.

7w6s feel more of a need to "check in" with others. Their six wing gives them a need to establish "solidarity" with people they care about. They care about how they are seen. The dense party animal stereotype offends them more. They don't like to be taken for granted as someone who is happy all the time and doesn't have problems. They want to be seen as someone who has depth of personality. They want to be seen as someone who is also "human" and can relate to how you are feeling. Their six wing causes them to be awed and apalled. They have more highs and lows. They have a good-natured sense of humor and are more natural entertainers. They tend to be funny more than they are characters.

7w6s tend to fear getting "trapped" in a rut as opposed to stuck in a rut. Their six wing makes them more likely to feel defeatism and despair. They admit to themselves the rut has "got" them in some way. They can see the walls closing in and becoming more trapped if they don't do something.

7w8s are more grounded and show less signs of anxiety. They tend to have less mood swings but bigger tempers. They can be pushy and belligerent. They are realistic and pragmatic. They are more aggressive and competitive than their six-winged siblings. They are more territorial and acquisitive. They tend to be more interested in worldly success than chasing a dream. They believe in what's possible not the holy grail. They simply persistently play the hand they are dealt the best they can. Their philosophy is similar to that Kenny Rogers song: "gotta know when to hold them when to fold them when to walk and when to run".

7w8s are the badboy/badgirl side of seven. They don't feel a need to "check in" with others. Their eight wing makes them less openly vulnerable. They relate to others from a position of strength as opposed to establishing solidarity. They assume people don't like them until they do so they don't need validation. Misconceptions of what a seven is don't really bother them personally. They don't care about how they are seen like their six-winged siblings. They value freedom more and are much more independent. They want the strings attached between them and others kept to a minimum. Their eight wing makes them more even-keeled. It takes more to excite them or make them depressed. They are more insensitive and have more of a "shocking" sense of humor and tend to be funny characters more than they have funny material.

7w8s tend to fear getting "stuck" in a rut as opposed to trapped in a rut. Their eight wing causes them to see a rut as annoying and something that ticks them off but doesn't have any power over them. Once they're out of the rut everything will be back to normal so no big deal.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION], that 7w6 description is by far the most accurate enneagram description of myself I've ever read. Thanks your patience and diligence working with me!

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION], what's the source of that description? I'd be interested to read about other types.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION], that 7w6 description is by far the most accurate enneagram description of myself I've ever read. Thanks your patience and diligence working with me!

It's from typewatch.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Good fictional example is Wakko Warner from the cartoon Animaniacs. He's sort of 9-ish but too volatile to be one, in my opinion.