• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Description of 4w6

Maxcool131

MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I tested 4w6 on a Enneagram test and though I do know what 4 and 6 look like separately what is it like when there together, cause I dont understand how they fit together seeing as they almost seem to be polar opposites.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure how you actually tested as a 4w6, because wings necessarily as part of the theory are next to the main type.

In your situation, you can be a 4w3 according to the test, or a 4w5. You cannot "test" as a 4w6. This is one reason why you've reached a result that seems contradictory to you.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The contemporary model doesn't allow for not adjacent wings because . . . well there's no actual logical reason for why; just that it isn't part of the supposed theory.

If you want a description for 4w6, then you'll need to create one for yourself.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tested 4w6 on a Enneagram test and though I do know what 4 and 6 look like separately what is it like when there together, cause I dont understand how they fit together seeing as they almost seem to be polar opposites.

Do you have a link to this test?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd imagine the person got 4 as the highest type within the test and 6 as the second highest and assumed wing means the second type for you. It can be a mistake for beginners in the theory.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd imagine the person got 4 as the highest type within the test and 6 as the second highest and assumed wing means the second type for you. It can be a mistake for beginners in the theory.

You imagine, or assume, but I want to know what test it is, and whether it gives a result such as 4w6, or if it's just a graph or a bunch of numbers.

Maxcool131

MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I am guessing what you are saying is correct, sorry for the misconception guys.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I cant remember which one but I took a link from here cant remember the name though sorry..

Can you check your browser history for the link?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was weeks ago but I took this one 3 times today http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/evaltest.php and got 5 but I think I also have alot of 4 traits but I defiantly think 5 fits me way better and my outlook on life thank you for the help and responding to this post.

You're welcome.

Don't trust the instinctual variants test. I would bet that you end up with a 5 sp score.

The best way to go about self-diagnosing instinctuals is by studying the subject here:

http://ocean-moonshine.net/e1428573...er_op=view_page&PAGE_id=27&MMN_position=55:55

Maxcool131

MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
You're welcome.

Don't trust the instinctual variants test. I would bet that you end up with a 5 sp score.

The best way to go about self-diagnosing instinctuals is by studying the subject here:

http://ocean-moonshine.net/e1428573...er_op=view_page&PAGE_id=27&MMN_position=55:55
Thank you for your time and patience with me and I'll make sure to look into the website you linked. (btw I am a big fan of yours and your threads and posts usually completely blow me away and the thought that your responding to my post makes me blush :D)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you for your time and patience with me and I'll make sure to look into the website you linked. (btw I am a big fan of yours and your threads and posts usually completely blow me away and the thought that your responding to my post makes me blush :D)

Oh the pressure! By the way, I'll be signing autographs as everybody leaves the forum, so please don't miss out.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took that eclecticenergies test again, and got:

Wing 5w6 - 10.4
Wing 9w1 - 10
Wing 9w8 - 9.2
Wing 6w5 - 9.2
Wing 5w4 - 8.7
Wing 1w9 - 8
Wing 6w7 - 6.5
Wing 8w9 - 6.3
Wing 1w2 - 4.7
Wing 8w7 - 3.5

See that 6-wing at the top? Putting more of my limited energy into family and job issues over the years, and less into my self, makes a difference.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
isn't there a non-adjacent wing theory? I'm sure I've heard of it somewhere. After all, Fauvre-Chernick made up that tritype theory, didn't they? And as messy as it is, it seems to have taken off.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Have you tried that tritype thing? You could be a 4-6-something.
I'm 4-6-9.

dbdbd

Hello, I am new here and I really hope someone will read my message. I just took a test, i am an INTP and I got the same % in the 4 and 6 types at 90%. Doesn't that mean that I am a INTP 4w6 or 6w4? I don't understand yet how it works so please explain it to me. The test says that I am a type 6, but I got the same % in the type 4 so I don't understand how my type was determined.
I look forward to hearing from you

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello, I am new here and I really hope someone will read my message. I just took a test, i am an INTP and I got the same % in the 4 and 6 types at 90%. Doesn't that mean that I am a INTP 4w6 or 6w4? I don't understand yet how it works so please explain it to me. The test says that I am a type 6, but I got the same % in the type 4 so I don't understand how my type was determined.
I look forward to hearing from you

Tests are generally bad at identifying 4s. Wings can only be the numbers next to your main type (4w3 or 4w5, 6w5 or 6w7, etc) Your best bet is to read about the types and see if you identify with the descriptions. Try Types — Enneagrammer. Type 9s and 6s are often mistyped as 4s.