• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Type 4 Quote Of The Day

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Am I supposed to be excited that the world has made one more rotation? We are hurtling through space, yet going nowhere."

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Kind of reminds me of my feelings of the year 2000, new millennium celebrations.
Why is 2000 rotations around the sun more significant that 1999 rotations or 2001 rotations?

Yeah, yeah, so I was much more of a boor back then :tongue:

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*interested in thread*

darkstar

MBTI Type
INFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on . . . when in your heart you begin to understand . . . there is no going back?

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul._Walt Whitman

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
may be relevant for 4s for whom depression is an issue:

"Saying someone can't be sad because someone else may have it worse
is like saying someone can't be happy because someone else may have it better."

A

A_priori

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On the sense of the self as somehow "lacking" or deficient, and on the ironies of envy:

“We often feel that we lack something, and seem to see that very quality in someone else, promptly attributing all our own qualities to him too, and a kind of ideal contentment as well. And so the happy mortal is a model of complete perfection--which we have ourselves created.”

– Goethe, The Sorrows of Young Werther

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
"I thought depression was the part of my character that made me worthwhile. I thought so little of myself, felt that I had such scant offerings to give to the world, that the one thing that justified my existence at all was my agony."

- Elizabeth Wurtzel (author of a few annoying books including Prozac Nation, and occasional contributor of foolish screed to The Atlantic and other shitty magazines.)

IllusoryReverie

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Cherish your solitude. Take trains by yourself to places you have never been. Sleep alone under the stars. Learn how to drive a stick shift. Go so far away that you stop being afraid of not coming back. Say no whenever you don't want to do something. Say yes if your instincts are strong, even if everyone around you disagrees. Decide whether you want to be liked or admired. Decide if fitting in is more important than finding out what you're doing here. Believe in kissing."

-Eve Ensler

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

Daenera

Rogue heart
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

Sy_

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
-Anaïs Nin

Daenera

Rogue heart
Nobody can be great if they have never been small. Only great difficulty and great suffering in life make way for great people.
As the precious stone becomes polished through being struck and worn down, man, to awaken, is polished through suffering.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
“Do you take pride in your hurt? Does it make you seem large and tragic? Well, think about it. Maybe you’re playing a part on a stage with only yourself as audience.”
— John Steinbeck, “East of Eden”

pretty negative - and I don't mean anything by it - but when I read it I immediately thought of unhealthy 4s.

Daenera

Rogue heart
“Do you take pride in your hurt? Does it make you seem large and tragic? Well, think about it. Maybe you’re playing a part on a stage with only yourself as audience.”
— John Steinbeck, “East of Eden”

pretty negative - and I don't mean anything by it - but when I read it I immediately thought of unhealthy 4s.

Hey! How dare you?! Are you implying our suffering doesn't have roots in reality? Playing a part on stage for myself? Let me play out my reaction towards your statement:

:alttongue: But seriously I got to admit you've pretty much nailed it with that quote :D

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Says the world to my 4 fix:

gettoworkdemotivator.jpg

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram