• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] Talk to me, 1s

INTP1W2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1W2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do you deal with your feelings, emotions & desires?
A: I try to contain them so that don't always show so visibly. My excitement is high strung and my depression is black hole. My feelings, emotions and desires are very close to me so I don't share those with folk willy nilly.

In public, I process my feelings to make sure they I know what I'm feeling. If I don't have time to process, I store it for later analysis. In private, I just try to understand my feelings and why they exist.

I write, I reflect, I daydream and I talk out these things with a close sibling, close friends and best friends.

What is the experience/process of repressing them like (or whatever you do with them)?
A: Depends on if they are positive or negative. I try to allow myself to feel whatever there is to be felt as a result of the feeling itself. That's how I stay in tune with that part of myself. Sometimes there is hurt or anger. I don't handle reality checks well; they knock the wind out of me.

When & how do you ever act on them?
A: After they hit. I won't act until I've processed them. There could be something there that could push more growth.
I always allow myself to feel whatever I feel. I don't let people tell me how to feel.
Once I've established what's going on with me, then I decide if a some sort of public response is necessary.

What convinces you that your own feelings, emotions and/or desires are valid or not problematic?
A: My moral base and ethics. My past history with these same feelings, emotions and desires. Bouncing ideas of my close and best friends. Have to know self well and be honest with self and I am.

How does one get you to talk more openly of yourself?
A: ask direct questions and put in real effort in growing the friendship. The latter requires on-going work so that when they ask direct questions to talk more of myself, I don't look at them like "what's your MO?"

I believe that everyone is not meant to be sharing such great depth about themselves with just anyone. They might be shocked when those details come back at them as daggers.
I believe that some people only inquire enough about you to learn how to manipulate you. As such, screening is a must.

When people are just as sharing of themselves, I am sometimes willing to reciprocate.

Like-minded or similar topics of interest catch my attention. People in tune with their own feelings catches my attention too.

You seem to like to hide your personal side; is that a correct perception?
A: Hell to the yeah! Duh! Play at your own risk!

What makes someone appealing/attractive to you, both romantically & platonically?
A: Sensuality and modesty in how they dress. Talk void of demeaning, disrespecting and emasculating men. In tune with self and feelings and can be expressive in positive ways. Embraces femininity. Conversation where she has thought out some of the things she plans to speak about. It may even be okay for her to work out her conclusions in conversation with me. I love open-mindedness but not gullable. Positive outlook on life. Balance.

What's an impression others often have of you that is not accurate and/or is surprising to you in a negative way?
A: Too serious and always on a mission. Since like 19, many women have said they wanted to talk to me at a time in the past but either my serious walk or focus gave them impression that I was busy at the moment and they didn't want to "interrupt" me.

What's an impression others often have of you that is surprising in a positive way?
A: Just for being positive and having a positive outlook on life, people often ask am I a pastor, motivational speaker or minister. Never anything else....only those three.
To me it's a testament of how much negativity overwhelm people's lives (that they accept).

INTP
1w2
ILE-3Ne
Very Strong S (Steadiness) on the DISC
Very Strong Analytical on the Merill - Wilson
Infantile (Romantic Style)
EP Temperament

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you deal with your feelings, emotions & desires?

I mostly ignore them, until I cannot ignore them anymore. I am very disassociative.

What is the experience/process of repressing them like (or whatever you do with them)?

No conscious thought about it, and diversion tactics.

When & how do you ever act on them?

I try not to think about that. xD

What convinces you that your own feelings, emotions and/or desires are valid or not problematic?

When they don't have an affect on the people around me.

How does one get you to talk more openly of yourself?

Just ask, I think I am pretty open. I just do it in a self deprecating fashion so it can be seen as a joke.

You seem to like to hide your personal side; is that a correct perception?

I more hide my true feelings, and tell you what you want to hear through a fake persona.

What makes someone appealing/attractive to you, both romantically & platonically?

None of these are, but if I had to choose. Self-sustaining, unreliance, and motivation.

How does your wing influence your personality?

I am not sure.

And your instinctual stack?

Not sure about this either.

What do you hate to be like?

Weak

How do you like to be?

Strong

How do you like to be perceived?

Cool

What's an impression others often have of you that is not accurate and/or is surprising to you in a negative way?

Heartless/souless

What's an impression others often have of you that is surprising in a positive way?

Intelligent.