• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Shit 5s say

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There goes that theory. That's good. I was once told by someone at PerC that I couldn't be a 5, because I was too practical. And I was thinking, 5s can't be practical?

:shock:

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There goes that theory. That's good. I was once told by someone at PerC that I couldn't be a 5, because I was too practical. And I was thinking, 5s can't be practical?

What Flatty said. I think 5s can be very practical once we decide to start doing instead of thinking. Wiyh that said, I am not sure if I would consider myself as practical as opposed to pragmatic. Err, maybe that makes me practical. ..

Anyway people on PerC are convinced I'm a 4 anyway.

madhatter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What Flatty said. I think 5s can be very practical once we decide to start doing instead of thinking. Wiyh that said, I am not sure if I would consider myself as practical as opposed to pragmatic. Err, maybe that makes me practical. ..

Anyway people on PerC are convinced I'm a 4 anyway.

Well, this comment was made in my type-me thread, so I wasn't offended at all. For the most part, no one's ever questioned my choice of 5, though.

As for 4, I can see both sides of the argument. You do have quite strong 4-ish tendencies, but if you don't 4 motivations, you're not a 4. People just need to learn to lay off.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, this comment was made in my type-me thread, so I wasn't offended at all. For the most part, no one's ever questioned my choice of 5, though.

As for 4, I can see both sides of the argument. You do have quite strong 4-ish tendencies, but if you don't 4 motivations, you're not a 4. People just need to learn to lay off.
I wouldn't be either. Mostly amused I think. Like Maybe said elsewhere, there's a certain level of flattery involved when people put so much effort as to consciously try to offend you or have such strong opinions of you.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] I have often said that I'm a realist, not a pessimist or an optimist. I wonder if a 5w6 is more likely to say that.

Another one (jokingly): I'm not a racist/sexist/whatever, I hate everyone equally.

Another one I stole from my 8 dad: Go tell your troubles to a twinkie. (this one to be usually used for excessive whining)

A conversation I had with my own grandmother recently (also ESFJ, Enneagram superego type of some kind):

Grandma: Your mom should have done [insert some irrelevant past tense financial advice]!
Me: Grandma, I'm not interested in the "shoulds". That's like crying over spilt milk. I'm only interested in the present.
Grandma (a little stunned): Yes, you're right.
(I'm actually surprised that she agreed with me.)

ha ha. I told you it was true.