• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Shit 5s say

wistfulwillow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've spent a lot of time around 5s lately, and would like to share some of these archetypal quotes.
From my 5w4 friend,
"Learning is orgasmic."
"I believe nothing without reason."
(to a 10-year-old) "What evidence do you have to believe in purgatory?"
"(long, confusing explanations of 4th dimensional physics, and then string theory)"
"Everyone who shops at Hollister is stupid. They may have problems just like you and me...but they're still dumb."

Anyone else have hilariously 5-ish words of wisdom?:)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My NF-dom cancels out anything remotely amusing my 5ness may presdispose me to saying.
Everyone knows women & NF's can't be funny.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"I don't know if she'll like me man...too many uncommented globals :S" said in the classic dry e5 voice.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
on breaking up:

"Sorry it didn't work out for you"

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've spent a lot of time around 5s lately, and would like to share some of these archetypal quotes.
From my 5w4 friend,
"Learning is orgasmic."
"(long, confusing explanations of 4th dimensional physics, and then string theory)"
"Everyone who shops at Hollister is stupid. They may have problems just like you and me...but they're still dumb."

That doesn't sound like me, and I'm a 5. And I wouldn't have started a thread with a title like this. Knowing me, it would have been something like "Enneatype 5 Quote Of The Day."

The only really strange quote that I can think of: (Talking to his 7 year old son) "But son, that's not logical."

(Really? A 7-year-old isn't being logical? Imagine that.)

I guess I don't hang around enough 5s to gather more quotes.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
From my 5w4 friend,
"Learning is orgasmic."

Now that I think about it, these quotes sound like 6ish skepticism. 5s aren't so confrontational/reactionary (?)

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My friend's 18 year brother showed us a picture of a girl he thinks is really hot and this reaction followed:

Him: aw man she's so fine. I would desteoy her. Oh man.
Me (5): just for clarification this a sexual type of destruction, correct?

Nicodemus

Perhaps this...

A: Just ejaculated two hours' worth of Brenda knowledge [named after an acquaintance who is known for memorizing rather than understanding things] into an exam.
B: And out comes a retarded stillbirth.
A: Well, that was in poor taste.

Unfortunately, B had forgotten that Brenda had a miscarriage a few weeks ago.

B: I had completely forgotten that. A very unfortunate coincidence.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
"Well, that's fine, but ultimately irrelevant"

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
"I'm not negative, I'm just a realist".

-My INTJ 5w6 little brother.

wistfulwillow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now that I think about it, these quotes sound like 6ish skepticism. 5s aren't so confrontational/reactionary (?)

I suppose so. He's very droll about it though, not confrontational so much as vaguely curious while he delivers lines such as these. I'm almost certain he's a 5w4.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps this...

A: Just ejaculated two hours' worth of Brenda knowledge [named after an acquaintance who is known for memorizing rather than understanding things] into an exam.
B: And out comes a retarded stillbirth.
A: Well, that was in poor taste.

Unfortunately, B had forgotten that Brenda had a miscarriage a few weeks ago.

B: I had completely forgotten that. A very unfortunate coincidence.
By any chance, is B you? :laugh:

5w6 INTJ former classmate:

Me: So, what are you planning to do after college? Which are your goals?
Him: "Dude, my goal is world domination. The other ''goals'' are just means.''

Me: So, you don't really like soccer, but still watch it?
Him: Yes. I like to have good arguments when I discuss soccer with our colleagues.

(I saw him having a political discussion on facebook with a guy that had been our teacher in college. This teacher has some strong communist views that my ex-classmate despises. Former classmate was taking it way too seriously though. So I tried to understand what seemed to be a pretty foolish thing to do.)
Me: Why are you still debating with him? He's never gonna change his mind about his political views. He can't be saved anymore.
Him: I know. I'm not doing it for him - I want his followers to realize that their stance is dumb. And the best way to disband a herd is by destroying the leader.

Within

Permabanned
"I keep assuming that people know as much as I do, but they don't."

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
"Energy, enthusiasm, and empathy."

I also like to announce TGIF randomly.