User Tag List

First 567

Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Shit 5s say

  1. #61
    Senior Member madhatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    madhatter I always prefer realist over pessimist too. I said this a lot when I was younger.
    There goes that theory. That's good. I was once told by someone at PerC that I couldn't be a 5, because I was too practical. And I was thinking, 5s can't be practical?

  2. #62
    Fair and Square Flatlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    There goes that theory. That's good. I was once told by someone at PerC that I couldn't be a 5, because I was too practical. And I was thinking, 5s can't be practical?
    ..............

    Thinking must serve the thinker.

  3. #63
    Senior Member madhatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    ..............

    My thoughts exactly.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    There goes that theory. That's good. I was once told by someone at PerC that I couldn't be a 5, because I was too practical. And I was thinking, 5s can't be practical?
    What Flatty said. I think 5s can be very practical once we decide to start doing instead of thinking. Wiyh that said, I am not sure if I would consider myself as practical as opposed to pragmatic. Err, maybe that makes me practical. ..

    Anyway people on PerC are convinced I'm a 4 anyway.

    Come watch with me as our world burns.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  5. #65
    Senior Member madhatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    What Flatty said. I think 5s can be very practical once we decide to start doing instead of thinking. Wiyh that said, I am not sure if I would consider myself as practical as opposed to pragmatic. Err, maybe that makes me practical. ..

    Anyway people on PerC are convinced I'm a 4 anyway.
    Well, this comment was made in my type-me thread, so I wasn't offended at all. For the most part, no one's ever questioned my choice of 5, though.

    As for 4, I can see both sides of the argument. You do have quite strong 4-ish tendencies, but if you don't 4 motivations, you're not a 4. People just need to learn to lay off.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Well, this comment was made in my type-me thread, so I wasn't offended at all. For the most part, no one's ever questioned my choice of 5, though.

    As for 4, I can see both sides of the argument. You do have quite strong 4-ish tendencies, but if you don't 4 motivations, you're not a 4. People just need to learn to lay off.
    I wouldn't be either. Mostly amused I think. Like Maybe said elsewhere, there's a certain level of flattery involved when people put so much effort as to consciously try to offend you or have such strong opinions of you.

    Come watch with me as our world burns.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  7. #67
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    @The Great One I have often said that I'm a realist, not a pessimist or an optimist. I wonder if a 5w6 is more likely to say that.

    Another one (jokingly): I'm not a racist/sexist/whatever, I hate everyone equally.

    Another one I stole from my 8 dad: Go tell your troubles to a twinkie. (this one to be usually used for excessive whining)

    A conversation I had with my own grandmother recently (also ESFJ, Enneagram superego type of some kind):

    Grandma: Your mom should have done [insert some irrelevant past tense financial advice]!
    Me: Grandma, I'm not interested in the "shoulds". That's like crying over spilt milk. I'm only interested in the present.
    Grandma (a little stunned): Yes, you're right.
    (I'm actually surprised that she agreed with me.)
    ha ha. I told you it was true.

Similar Threads

  1. Shit Nietzsche says
    By Abendrot in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-08-2016, 08:25 AM
  2. Stupid Shit People Say Throughout the Day
    By Vizconde in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 08:01 AM
  3. Say hello to Geoff, your new overlord
    By Ivy in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 07:25 AM
  4. Shrimp Shit
    By proteanmix in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 11:23 AM
  5. Just thought I'd say hey
    By indigo2020 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 04:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO