User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    I too have difficulties sleeping. It takes me long to fall asleep and I often find myself awake in the middle of the night. I tend to rehash previous experiences during these hours or think about the future.

When my job forces me to wake up earlier than usual it really screws up my rhythm for days.

I guess its a problem for a lot of overthinkers, fives included.
    I don't usually have trouble, but when I do it is at the worst possible time. These are occasions when I am up too late taking care of last minute things as before an overseas trip, and I have to get up very early. The already limited sleeping hours are further depleted by this lying awake with my mind racing. I am sure it is related to stress.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Astronomer of the Abyss Tenebris's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I have trained myself to fall asleep (as long as there is no one snoring or making noise) when my brain is like this. The key is to trick your body into sleeping, even if your mind doesn't want to sleep. It will actually make you fall asleep without realizing it. Just lay down with your eyes closed, and do NOT move as much as possible and take slow and deep breaths. I like to daydream when I am doing this, and before I know it I already lost consciousness in the middle of a daydream. Side effects may includes astral projection, remote viewing, and hypnagogic hallucinations.
    一期一会

Only from the deepest darkness, can you see the stars.
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Not a five but yes, I have trouble sleeping for various reasons and this is one of them.

My husband IS a 5 and sometimes will keep me up and 3-4 am just ...talking about really stupid shit.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”

"These voices scream at me "Let it go!"
    (never let go)
    This time I'm screaming back "No! No! No!"
    (Go on say no)
    My mind's made up, yeah my fear is gone
    Open my eyes now here I come: Oblivion."

What is sleep?

Seriously, I have a horrible time with getting quality sleep. I never feel truly rested.

I have trouble sleeping from time to time, and sometimes I don't sleep at all.
    I already can't fall asleep quickly / immediately to begin with.

It's like, sometimes my brain won't shut up, so I have to exhaust it- with anything. Lying and trying to be still is torture, my mind just gets louder.
    Non mi snudare senza ragione.
    Non mi impugnare senza valore.

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

I'm not a 5 but I definitely have a 5-ish quality mentally. This isn't as big of a problem as it used to be, but now I tend to wake up at some point and have difficulty falling back asleep (as opposed to not falling asleep upon lying down). I'm usually bothered with material thoughts and how I'm not dealing with them properly (like bills or health or relationship problems or bleak future, etc). It can be a hassle because I don't want to strategize or internally berate myself in the middle of the fucking night.
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Correct. I find it really hard to sleep because my mind is always racing. Lying still is torture so I have to drown it with stimulus relaxing or otherwise, usually a balance of both. Entertaining, relaxing, or information ramblings to listen to. Youtube, watch streams, asmr, podcasts, ambience, or whatever. Idk how anyone can stand being in silence doing nothing but drifting to sleep.
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)
    House: Slytherin
    ENTP-Ti / Logical

9w8, 5w4, 3w4 sx/so

In theory: the wings create a strong 4ish imprint

How fascinating the mind is.