• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Type 6w7 vs. 7w6 concrete differences.

What core type do you think I am?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 42.9%

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Am I a 6w7 or a 7w6 too?

Reasons I type myself as 7w6:
- If I don't enjoy myself I'll feel like I'm being tortured
- Which ofc I try to avoid, because who wants to be tortured by boredom

Reasons I'm doubting my typing:

- I'm not well-versed enough with enneagram
- I fit a subtype of 6 description as well (rejecting what authorities say, having a complicated relationship with authority, though i do venerate some authorities if they're of the subject i'm interested in)
- Unlike desc, of 7, I'm an introvert
- I tend to look for input and "go with the flow" on many things
- My personality feels mutable to me so it's a bit hard to pin down

:\ Not sure if this is enough info but I've beenw ondering this since a while back after I read that 6 descrip. Please feel free to ask questions if it helps. Much gracias.

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=31909]Ogata[/MENTION] -- I think
Reasons I type myself as 7w6:
- If I don't enjoy myself I'll feel like I'm being tortured
- Which ofc I try to avoid, because who wants to be tortured by boredom

deserves some comment -- my own personal understanding of 7 is that it isn't limited to wanting to enjoy oneself/not experience negative sensations. For instance, having some 9 (and many other possible types) could influence that. What distinguishes 7 most to me is it is an anxiety type. It manifests in the form of a kind of insatiability and a fear of missing out. I think desiring the pleasant and wanting to avoid the unpleasant in a way that the person just seeks contentment actually shouldn't be seen as a 7 type. Always chasing the next thing to get very excited about so as to avoid getting stuck in a rut -- 7 is a type that would probably see mere contentment-seeking as a rut. A 7 is quite pain-averse, but that's insufficient for 7-ness...

At its core, 6's anxiety-type nature manifests more cerebrally, as a kind of anxiety as to how to decide things. It's less an anxiety about pleasure and the like.
The conflict with authority figures is due to this. When someone has a kind of intrinsic weakness in terms of feeling one can know one is making the right decision, authority figures suddenly seem more domineering, because one might feel foolish for trying to reject their advice (after all, what if one's own view is wrong?)...

Not all 6s look for authority in people. Sometimes they'll look to logic and rationality, somewhat compulsively checking if they are deceiving themselves, since they trust this more than people.

For what it's worth, I don't buy the 6w7s ask for input and 6w5s are independent view that some seem to -- it doesn't seem conceptually very well motivated from the definitions of 6, 7 and 5.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
6s are often pretty negative, and 7s are often pretty positive. Although an overgeneralization, it is pretty easy to observe the differences if you have consistent contact with each type. 6s will be preoccupied with what could go wrong, and 7s with what could go right. If you try to convince the 6 to look at the bright side, they are somewhat likely to dig their heels in and stubbornly cling to their "knowing" that things "will just go wrong". If you try to serve a 7 a hearty spoonful of realism, they are likely to dance around it or not even respond.

The difference then, ultimately, is in how they view the future in terms of what could be. 6s draw from the past and tend to project worst case scenarios, using past events to back it up. 7s tend to avoid focusing on the past too much and instead look to the future or enjoy the present moment.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As someone who has a 7w6 with a strong 6 wing I'd say hmmm 7w6s tend to be more in many ways desperate to hold onto a positive outlook kind of like a kid who is like UNICORN ARE REAL and then the 6 wing gives them a taste of what can go wrong which tied in with the disengrwtion to 1 means yeah not always as happy as the profiles portray them as esp if not healthy. 6w7s tend to ironically despite being in the reactive triad feel more stable and consistent but then I'm probably thinking of a 692 or 693 here as being in attachment triad they seek stability and comfort.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
6w7 fixer. I thought I was a 7 fixer when I was first learning about Enneagram because I liked traveling and trying new things and have fine tastes. But I realized, they weren't tied into any big fears, they're just things I enjoy. If anything they came from my heart fix(4w3), wanting to look unique with my adventurousness and wanting to show off my quirky self. Sometimes I worry about missing about and try to get myself out even If I'm not in the mood deep down cause I wanna seize that opportunity. But usually, if I'm worried about something like say, a dance being loud and dull from experience, I wouldn't mind just chilling at home. Also, double positive is too much for me. I'm positive core and I try to keep a chill face, but deep down I'm rather worst case scenario. Like if I see people messing with equipment they'll be all calm and I'm just like in my head, "Is it gonna blow up?". While I do like trying new things, it wouldn't be that easy for me to just walk up and move to a new country even though it sounds fun. I just need that security, and I'm a creature of habit. I think 7w6s would also be more confident, while for me I'm rather insecure and while I don't ask for help much(the sp talking), need a lot of reassurance when I do get help. I'm one of the most indecisive people I know, just because my mind goes too many places.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Uhh, so you see

I can't tell if I'm 7w6, 6w7, or just Si Grip.

While I'm coming out of it now(Thank God), I've been stuck in depression for ages and not going out of my comfort zone cuz of it. Security focused. Cut off from the world. Security is a big thing no doubt, but the thing about being trapped is that I always had my fantasies to drown in. A place to retreat while being cut off to keep a sense of ... connection. Distractions. And still pursuing and revising goals(though I didn't know what those goals even were or what do with my life). I got self conscious and wouldn't allow myself to exist in the world cuz of my image I didn't like. Alot is just all in all feeling exposed (3, 4, or 5). I closed off to just figure myself out for the longest time. Years. In security and fantasies, away from the world (6, 7, or 5ish). Only recently have I been breaking out of it and truly beginning to live my life and it gives me hope and makes me feel more alive that I can exist without being dependent making me be worthy to be SOMEONE (to be someone in general really) I love rather than hate cuz I can achieve and I actually feel energized in some environments (the mall, museums, restaurants, hotels). Cuz while I been dependent I also been very independent and still pursuing my own goals obsessively. Hyper focused. THen dead inside and stopping when they fail cuz I lack purpose(3w4, 4w3). I've done 7ish adventurousness and love how freeing it is instead of just retreating into my fantasies of how I believe things should be (the future related), but still need to slowly come off the support system I've been stuck in for so long as I come into my own and exist in a worthy sense. Cuz my current existence I'm coming out of was deplorable and pathetic. Shameful. But at the same time I'm realizing now that if I never had these issues I wouldn't have grown up, matured, and learned so much about myself and my purpose/what I want to do in life/who am I (which is extremely important to me, the MOST important thing) and If I'm coming out of this I might as well take a POSITIVE view from it and to make me better, right? No point in negativity since it's in the past. As for Si grip. Well, I stopped trying new things and just held myself up and away from everything and everyone. Rarely coming out. Cuz I hated myself and wasn't worthy of anything. Extremely focused but stressed about details. Nor could I be responsible if I was so miserable and had such a bad self image. Didn't self care or give a crap about my health. Unless I was suddenly paranoid about it sometimes. Just feeling stuck and unable to actually feel alive. Dead inside and very little emotion. Manipulative for self benefit and so disconnected I just didn't' care. Filling a void cuz nothing was there. Gave me a sense of control I otherwise felt I didn't ever have. A cycle I stayed in cuz I felt trapped in my present reality and felt the future was impossible. It's a lot better now I've been feeling empowered by some successes and new people around me who've inspired me and got me excited for the possibilities and potential I actually have to accomplish things and I want exciting fun experiences. Real ones. While also being able to entertain people. I feel like I'm coming out of it more powerful than ever before.

But here's the thing. I can't know until I'm fully healthy. Otherwise everything is just a possibility in all honesty.

When I was a kid before life hit me all I cared about was fun and imagination, though. Big story ideas I'd make up and roleplay them.

What does it sound like?
It sounds like a Drama Queen:whistling: